Anyone having issues with getting Uber-X trips?

cubsfan1223

Reading the forum, I know it’s not popular. I had an update on iOS format yesterday afternoon. Since then, I can’t get trips except fro ubereats, which I prefer not to do? I contactwe support, that was a dead end. Any ideas?

Cdoc11

I’m having the same issue. Do not show up on rider app, surging everywhere around me and no requests. Doesn’t even put me in the queue at DFW; just says “finding trips”.
Anyone have a solution?

Cdoc11

Thanks, I finally reset preferences and started getting requests. Of course after the surges all died out.
guess I’ll leave as is and just decline all eats and pools

ExtraMoneyUber

I am getting requests. I am never going to get Uber gold not accepting rides.

View attachment 416248
I had one in the same general area that showed 28 mins away. What are you trying to pull Uber?
Post automatically merged:

Thanks, I finally reset preferences and started getting requests. Of course after the surges all died out.
guess I’ll leave as is and just decline all eats and pools
So I switched cars and lost access to Uber Eats, which I disabled most of the time anyway. I swear I'm getting more rides now. I really feel like they punish you for disabling UberEats. Better to have Customer Service remove the option entirely.

Cary Grant

If you're not getting requests, reboot your phone. Clear cache, run a cleaner app, if you have one. I find that if I have my WiFi turned on, I get fewer requests, especially while moving. YMMV

Check your notifications, make sure they are ON, not off. A recent auto-update turned all Uber notifications off, so all I was getting was Lyft requests. I'm not really sure which app update caused it, but I know it wasn't something I did on purpose. Maybe Lyft is pulling an Uber on Uber. I don't know. But once I turned notifications back on, the requests came in a deluge, non-stop.

I haven't had to do it in a while, but I've had to uninstall and reinstall Uber's driver app before.

#professoruber

If you're not getting requests, reboot your phone. Clear cache, run a cleaner app, if you have one. I find that if I have my WiFi turned on, I get fewer requests, especially while moving. YMMV

Check your notifications, make sure they are ON, not off. A recent auto-update turned all Uber notifications off, so all I was getting was Lyft requests. I'm not really sure which app update caused it, but I know it wasn't something I did on purpose. Maybe Lyft is pulling an Uber on Uber. I don't know. But once I turned notifications back on, the requests came in a deluge, non-stop.

I haven't had to do it in a while, but I've had to uninstall and reinstall Uber's driver app before.
There is something going on with the app/algorithm. Simply put, the app is making you unavailable for rides at random times. Since I run high demand times and areas, it’s quite obvious when I enable X and don’t get a ride.

Tuesday everything seemed to back to normal as I had a huge day. Last night was good as well.

Cary Grant

There is something going on with the app/algorithm. Simply put, the app is making you unavailable for rides at random times. Since I run high demand times and areas, it’s quite obvious when I enable X and don’t get a ride.

Tuesday everything seemed to back to normal as I had a huge day. Last night was good as well.
I totally believe it. This week has been weird. Usually, inclement weather is very good for business because nobody walks anywhere when it's raining and cold.

TXUbering

I seem to see a lot of dead air time on Uber. Last week was a little sporadic as well, but seems like demand isn't what it was. I'm guessing maybe the market is being flooded with drivers. Might explain why a co-worker had a $70 Uber quote that would've paid me about $30. It's too bad we can't unify and have a legitimate "No-Drive" day to remind Uber/Lyft who's doing all the heavy lifting. I suspect there are too many short-sighted greedy @@@@s out there that would sacrifice a combined effort for one day of non-stop pings paying peanuts. I can see why unions back in the day would crack the kneecaps of the scabs and picket-line crossers...... 🤔

TomTheAnt

When ever I've ventured out anting, Uber pings have been few and far between. Not to mention the quality... Guess they don't want me back like they do some other ants who haven't been too active lately. 🤷‍♂️

And I guess I robbed Lyft too much on their guarantee last weekend by grinding out 15 short rides that now they lowered the guarantee from $145 to $110 for this weekend. :roflmao:

Last edited:

Liberty89

When ever I've ventured out anting, Uber pings have been few and far between. Not to mention the quality... Guess they don't want me back like they do some other ants who haven't been too active lately. 🤷‍♂️

And I guess I robbed Lyft too much on their guarantee last weekend by grinding out 15 short rides that now they lowered the guarantee from $145 to $110 for this weekend. :roflmao:
At least you got a weekend bonus guaranteed. I got nothing.