Anyone have an iPhone XR?

TifoowAlegna

I’m about to upgrade from my 6S and was just wondering about the XR. I’ve heard great things. Thanks!

RDWRER

I suggest the XS instead. The XR is the “budget” phone. It does have a slightly bigger screen but the quality of the screen is not as good, as the LCD screen of the XR can’t match the resolutions of the OLED screen of the XS.

If you’re paying full price out of pocket I can understand the reasoning for getting the cheaper phone but if you’re getting it on any kind of payment plan I’d highly suggest going all in for the better option. Of course you could even go bigger and get the XS Plus if you wanted to too.

GaryOC

Upgraded my trusty iPhone 6 with an XR a month ago, works very well having both U/L apps on while surfing or using twitter, etc. The XS has darker blacks, definitely better (but smaller) screen, but same processor. Apple had a $150 trade in deal going on my phone, so check out best price. Only downside is getting used to heavier weight and can't put a metal plate directly on the back like the 6 series which worked great for my magnetic car holder. FYI My 6 weighed 4.5oz, the XR is 8oz with thin silicone case, which sucks. Hope that helps.

TifoowAlegna

Upgraded my trusty iPhone 6 with an XR a month ago, works very well having both U/L apps on while surfing or using twitter, etc. The XS has darker blacks, definitely better (but smaller) screen, but same processor. Apple had a $150 trade in deal going on my phone, so check out best price. Only downside is getting used to heavier weight and can't put a metal plate directly on the back like the 6 series which worked great for my magnetic car holder. FYI My 6 weighed 4.5oz, the XR is 8oz with thin silicone case, which sucks. Hope that helps.
It does help. Thanks much!

RDWRER

Why can’t you? I have a magnetic dot car mount that I place my XS on. It sits nicely on the dashboard without much issue, although it may spin a little when I take a hard turn. I have a metal plate sitting in the protective case at the top left just next to the camera and it still frees up the center of the phone for wireless charging.

ejayjay

Yea I have it to be honest I should’ve spent a little more to get the Better quality screen. Since everything is video these days

I’ve dropoed it a few and it’s solid though, battery life speed and call quality is great

Aerodrifting

XR is a ripoff. If you are paying $700-900 for a piece of gadget which you will be replacing in 2 years, you deserve a premium screen not a pos worse than the screen on a budget Android phone.

Also since when budget model cost $700-900 now?

GaryOC

Why can’t you? I have a magnetic dot car mount that I place my XS on. It sits nicely on the dashboard without much issue, although it may spin a little when I take a hard turn. I have a metal plate sitting in the protective case at the top left just next to the camera and it still frees up the center of the phone for wireless charging.
I have the same thing as you - a thin protective case and the metal plate sits on the inside. With the 6/6S you could use the adhesive metal plate and put it directly on the phone w/o a case, thus saving weight. I never used a case for my 6, and after 4yrs of constant use, never had a scratch on it. I would prefer not using one for my XR, but have to because of the plate issue.

Korean Ant

Forum needs a downvote button.

?

Screenshot_20190502-190948_Samsung Internet.jpg

Its faster n better. #facts

TifoowAlegna

Yea I have it to be honest I should’ve spent a little more to get the Better quality screen. Since everything is video these days

I’ve dropoed it a few and it’s solid though, battery life speed and call quality is great
Appreciate the input
Post automatically merged:

I have the same thing as you - a thin protective case and the metal plate sits on the inside. With the 6/6S you could use the adhesive metal plate and put it directly on the phone w/o a case, thus saving weight. I never used a case for my 6, and after 4yrs of constant use, never had a scratch on it. I would prefer not using one for my XR, but have to because of the plate issue.
That’s interesting and potentially problematic because I love having the adhesive directly on my 6S! Damn...
Post automatically merged:

Why downgrade n get an iphone?
TEAM SAMSUNG!!
Android Rules!!!
More faster long trips to android users ?
Haha never!

Last edited: