• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone got this new Surge BS?

arto71

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
How can this be if surge is supposed to be an algorithm based on demand, supply of cars and pax who are accessing the app? So they are admitting to artificially manipulating surge?

So no need to long haul anymore? Same payout for any route taken?
Just trying to figure out if this is s US based market and/or new pilot program ,

Fuberal

How can this be if surge is supposed to be an algorithm based on demand, supply of cars and pax who are accessing the app? So they are admitting to artificially manipulating surge?

So no need to long haul anymore? Same payout for any route taken?
Typical Uber BS, ten paragraphs to say absolutely nothing! Watch them take viewing of surge offline away now, when is the 180 days of crap over?

wk1102

When does this take effect for you guys?

It is very vague, even for uber. Anyone have an experience with it yet?

FreakOfNature

That is NOT OK!!!!!! In theory you could let's say have a base ping and never see it increase.
So if I pick up in Santa Monica to LBC.

Let's say it's only 5 dollars extra. Does that mean, I only get paid the base fare and only 5 bucks??
#So many questions
Is the surge no longer a multiplier
Are they saying if you stay online and take the next trip that that surge will also be added to your next ride

Fuberal

I'm offline, can't see the surge on Uber while Lyft has PT all over. Since we don't know destination until trip starts, we need to take the ride with the extra payout. That's really the end of it. Anyone got a new surge ping screenshot with the new extra payout?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A New York City 36
4StarPartner Philadelphia 2
Rope Ninja Adelaide 6