Anyone getting the LYFT Power Drive Bonus?

Inshur

Jorlev

Was reading about Lyft's Power Drive Bonus program and getting back all of the commissions they take out if you do over 50 hours a week with 10 being peak hours --plus of course the tips. Sounds better than Uber.
Anyone doing this? Would appreciate your feedback on this program. Thanks.

FastEddie

U need 90% acceptance rate. You have to take Lyft lines too, Peak hours is the hard part its only about 2 hrs usually in the morning. Its alot of hustle IMO

Jorlev

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Were you able to fulfill the requirements and get the bonus? Do they give everything back or do they still keep that 11.4% admin fee for operational expenses. Interesting how everywhere else in the country, it doesn't seem cost Lyft anything to run their business but New York is so expensive they need an extra fee. Interesting indeed!

MichaelxUber

Were you able to fulfill the requirements and get the bonus? Do they give everything back or do they still keep that 11.4% admin fee for operational expenses. Interesting how everywhere else in the country, it doesn't seem cost Lyft anything to run their business but New York is so expensive they need an extra fee. Interesting indeed!
The admin fee is the sale tax 8.875% + black car fund %.

Jorlev

Black car fund - OK, I get it. It's a TLC thing but, and I'm sure it's been discussed to death, but how is the sales tax coming out of the driver's hide instead of from the passenger legal? The driver is not buying anything.

FastEddie

Email doesnt say anything about 45 rides. Only 75 rides. Since they added more hours are they gonna stop 45 rides/15 peak/ 10% Bonus?

alextheboss

Was reading about Lyft's Power Drive Bonus program and getting back all of the commissions they take out if you do over 50 hours a week with 10 being peak hours --plus of course the tips. Sounds better than Uber.
Anyone doing this? Would appreciate your feedback on this program. Thanks.
It's no longer hours based but rather rides based. You have to fulfill the ride requirements to get the bonus.

Black car fund - OK, I get it. It's a TLC thing but, and I'm sure it's been discussed to death, but how is the sales tax coming out of the driver's hide instead of from the passenger legal? The driver is not buying anything.
We spoke about this at length on a post recently. Juno official said that their policy is that the sales tax is included in the fare and therefore paid by the rider and not the driver. I disagree with this myself. I can only assume uber/lyft also would just say it's included in the fare. Lyft does not say it's sales tax but rather surcharge/administrative fee etc, although everyone knows it's sales tax+ BCF. I'm guessing they wouldn't want to get sued by drivers for sales tax money.

Jorlev

It's no longer hours based but rather rides based. You have to fulfill the ride requirements to get the bonus.
Can you confirm how many rides per week are currently required to qualify for LYFT Power Driver Bonus? Are any of those rides required to be during certain hours or just any hours? I know it varies from driver to driver, but on average, how many hours would you estimate it would take the average driver to complete the number of rides required to meet the quota?

Wondering if anyone feels this bonus system is sufficient to decide to work for LYFT fulltime?
Is there enough LYFT work in NYC to make it a sole means of driver income?

Montgomery

Can you confirm how many rides per week are currently required to qualify for LYFT Power Driver Bonus? Are any of those rides required to be during certain hours or just any hours? I know it varies from driver to driver, but on average, how many hours would you estimate it would take the average driver to complete the number of rides required to meet the quota?

Wondering if anyone feels this bonus system is sufficient to decide to work for LYFT fulltime?

I go for the PDB every week. As alextheboss said it is no longer hours based but ride based. Everybody decides for themselves what works best for them, for me the PDB does. Yes, Lyft has a lot of downtime compared to Uber and that's where having patience comes into play but its not hard to do the 45 rides in which they give you back 10% and puts you on par with Juno. If you hustle more the 75 rides are doable as well and at that point they give you back 20%. That leaves the 10% of the sales tax and BCF but I usually get that back with the tips I get. With tips I get back between 5-10%. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

That said I don't always go for the 20% PDB. Sometimes I do, but when I don't I definitely go for the 10% and work with both Lyft and Juno after that.

Last edited:

Rustyshackelford

I would say lyft alone is a losing proposition. They are dead compared to uber. Months back I was chasing that 1000 dollar bonus with 100 rides and I didn't think I was going to make it because demand was so slow. And for 2 of those weeks they weren't charging commission it was still a losing proposition. I would have made more with uber in that time.
Either way I don't work with any apps anymore.

alextheboss

It's on the dashboard. Open lyft app and go to dashboard. It will show you the number of total rides and peak rides. Also tells you which hours are considered peak

Inshur New York