Anyone get your 300 UI yet

observer

For you not for me.
I am living on 198 a week.
So, you're OK not receiving any further Unemployment?

Are you giving back the thousands in unemployment you"ve already received?

Arre you going to apologize to Nancy??

ldriva

Just just curious, how many of you just stopped driving so you could get the benefits? I have driven this whole time, therefore cannot get the $300.
I stopped driving after my grandmother got sick in late March and "stay-at-home" orders were put in place. Those orders weren't lifted until June. I saved some money to get me through the beginning of October. My retroactive funds will be here in October. I'm not going back.

Jimmy44

I stopped driving after my grandmother got sick in late March and "stay-at-home" orders were put in place. Those orders weren't lifted until June. I saved some money to get me through the beginning of October. My retroactive funds will be here in October. I'm not going back.
Hope your grandmother is doing well.
Like you I am making ends meet with my IRA and sold everything on eBay I could.
Like you I am reavaluating what I will do once a vaccine or cure arrives.

Daisey77

I will not work until they get a vaccine or cure
It's a respiratory virus. There won't be a cure. As far as a vaccine, the only respiratory virus that has a vaccine currently is influenza. Unfortunately because our flu vaccine is manufactured based off the flu that went through Eastern Asia last year, most of the time it's mutated by the time it gets to the states. This is exactly why there's such controversy over the efficacy of the influenza vaccine. The only way influenza vaccine will be 100% effective is if we get the exact same stream that went through Eastern Asia the previous year. However the vaccine does shorten the duration of the symptoms if one did in fact contract influenza. So unfortunately for the folks who are putting their lives on hold waiting for a cure or vaccine, I have a feeling they're going to be disappointed in the long runrun

I suspect it's is going to follow the influenza pattern. It's not going to go away. The only thing ever eradicated was smallpox. I personally think it's going to mutate like the flu every year and we're going to end up getting a seasonal covid vaccine but again, that's just my opinion.

I don't doubt vaccine will come out but the question is, how effective will that Vaccine be?

Jimmy44

nope. not for the segment of drivers who do RS for 'extra' $$ and don't depend on that extra $$ because the word 'extra' is in there.

And that segment is not just a tiny slice, either! Represent!
Yea it's a perfect part time gig if you don't really need to make money

observer

nope. not for the segment of drivers who do RS for 'extra' $$ and don't depend on that extra $$ because the word 'extra' is in there.

And that segment is not just a tiny slice, either! Represent!
So, you would do TNC (it's not rideshare) for free?

SHalester

So, you would do TNC (it's not rideshare) for free?
yeh, I've seen you try to correct everyone that is it is not RS; you have a lot of work to get that accomplished. A lot.

Anyway, would I do RH for free? Nope. Would I do it just to break even? Maybe. For me it's all about the time and schedule. I get that, plus extra $$ for this and that. Don't depend on it, don't miss it. Tho the $600 was nice while it lasted.

If Prop 22 goes down in flames and AB5 rules the day and I'm not 'hired' I'll stick with my other RH until it is targeted. And if so, just go back to being a school volunteer.

Being retired must have benefits, right? 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

um, er, ah if you don't depend on the money you make.

Last edited:

Jimmy44

My Governor in Connecticut announced that there will be six weeks of 300 dollar LWA Femma payments. He said they would start coming this week and be retroactive back to July 26th. I am not sure when or in what form they will be handed out. But if that's true that will be 1800 dollars at a time I can use it.
Word is 117 Democratic congressmen have told Ferret Face Pelosi to get out of her hairdressers and accept
yeh, I've seen you try to correct everyone that is it is not RS; you have a lot of work to get that accomplished. A lot.

Anyway, would I do RH for free? Nope. Would I do it just to break even? Maybe. For me it's all about the time and schedule. I get that, plus extra $$ for this and that. Don't depend on it, don't miss it. Tho the $600 was nice while it lasted.

If Prop 22 goes down in flames and AB5 rules the day and I'm not 'hired' I'll stick with my other RH until it is targeted. And if so, just go back to being a school volunteer.

Being retired must have benefits, right? 🤷‍♂️
Post automatically merged:

um, er, ah if you don't depend on the money you make.
My reply was an attempt at humor great gig if you don't need money