Anyone get leg cramps from sitting too long ?

Geepney

Throbbing pain in my lower legs.
You need to get out of the car more. ASAP. I had the same problems when I first started. It got so bad that I had to take a day off and also make sure to elevate my legs when I was home to relieve the pain and pressure. I'm a fairly healthy 30yo too.

That's the blood pooling in your legs from poor circulation.

You can exercise more so your heart gets stronger and you can eat better. But you need to get out of the car as much as possible when your working. Move. Walk around. Stretch.

Believe33

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need to get out of the car more. ASAP. I had the same problems when I first started. It got so bad that I had to take a day off and also make sure to elevate my legs when I was home to relieve the pain and pressure. I'm a fairly healthy 30yo too.

You can exercise more so your heart gets stronger and you can eat better. But you need to get out of the car as much as possible when your working. Move. Walk around. Stretch.
Thank you !! Yeah I just sit in the car for long hours. Thank you for the advice!!:cool:

Last edited:

Older Chauffeur

I found tilting the backrest a notch or two relieved what I believe was a pinched or irritated nerve that caused a cramp-like pain in my left thigh. This has worked in multiple vehicles for me. I had back surgery last year for sciatica in my right leg caused by disk damage.
I agree that you need to get out of the car and move around a bit occasionally.

painfreepc

Try taking breaks like any other human being doing a normal job,

When you have an opportunity to get out and open the door for your passengers do so - I know the very thought of that pisses many of you drivers off,

Or you can just continue to sit in the car for 6 and 14 hours without ever opening the door, maybe someday you'll get a blood clot and die it's your a funeral..

Believe33

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I found tilting the backrest a notch or two relieved what I believe was a pinched or irritated nerve that caused a cramp-like pain in my left thigh. This has worked in multiple vehicles for me. I had back surgery last year for sciatica in my right leg caused by disk damage.
I agree that you need to get out of the car and move around a bit occasionally.
Hmm ! Thank u. I also hear a grinding sound in my lower back!

painfreepc

Eating better won't help you with the leg cramps or possibly getting blood clots when you get sitting in your car,

I drove taxi for 11 years been doing uber now for almost 2 years, I don't have leg cramps or trembling in my legs and I'm 53 years old I weigh 300 pounds,

Get out of the car and move around..

hbdope

Throbbing pain in my lower legs.
If there's pain with flexing your calf, have palpitations, shortness of breath, or productive cough you should go to the doc. People who sit long periods of time have a higher risk of clotting especially if you are a sedentary person, have family history, or on any medications that cause increased clotting. Clots could potentially go to the lungs and cause a Pulmonary Embolism. Take care of yourselves out there guys!