Anyone ever get deactivated for too many cancelations?

DriverX

There's enough information on the ping to decide. I think it would be better if the destination was on there too but I understand why it's not. So take the job or don't but all these cancels are bad for everybody's business.

How many times are you going to have to tell the buyer, sorry that house isn't painted yet before you say enough is enough. Meanwhile your imbecile painter is crying his eyes out, "but it was a ten minute drive... I can't be expected to drive ten whole minutes, waaaaaa. Why can't you bring the house to me to paint? I'm an independent contractor!"

I think I'd prefer to partner with somebody who takes a little pride in their work. It's a service job. Take a little pride in providing good service and stop gloating over how proud you are of the bad service.
No as a pax I just want the guy who is nearest me. If I'm in a hurry and the driver calls to tell me it's going to take 15 minutes to get there I want to know so I can cancel becasue there will be a drone popping up any second a mile way.

DriverX

And the worst part is to glorify this type of buffoonery we end up in a situation where a good person like sweatypawz who's new and doesn't really see it from every perspective, she thinks it's normal behavior and then gets blindsided one morning when that's the last thing she expected to happen. This guy got over 20 warnings.
She knew what she was doing and there is always more to the story. When I got reactivated they made it clear that they take more than just one criteria into consideration when the decide to deactivate. Maybe she had some serious issues she's not talking about. Maybe she had a freak out in the office or maybe she was a terrible driver. we only know what we see here. I see here that a lot of drivers are pushing cancel rates in the 20-30% and still driving. What we should be doing instead of judging drivers ethics in here is talking about exactly what cancel rates are getting people deactivated so that drivers have that information.

Uber is abusing its power by holding us to a standard and refusing to tell us what it is and we should all go down to the office together and demand a real answer to the question. what is the max acceptable cancel rate?

UberIsAllFubared

I haven't read all these posts. But i think they are on legal shaky ground for doing this since it is against the law to drive passengers who are under 18. There is no way uber can prove your cancellations are not due to this. If I were you, I would threaten legal action with regards to this. If they say other drivers cancellation rates are not as high, just tell them you know for a fact other drivers are breaking the law driving minors but you won't.

DriverX

I haven't read all these posts. But i think they are on legal shaky ground for doing this since it is against the law to drive passengers who are under 18. There is no way uber can prove your cancellations are not due to this. If I were you, I would threaten legal action with regards to this. If they say other drivers cancellation rates are not as high, just tell them you know for a fact other drivers are breaking the law driving minors but you won't.
Excelklent excuse and its true too. I get people with 40 pound kids wanting me to drive them around at prime popo time no car seat. F that, should I risk deactivation for breaking the LAW or ubers law? immediate reactivation probably unless its like your 3rd strike or have creeper complaints.

DriverX

So what is the LA Market Cancellation Rate that gets a driver Deactivated? 15%, 20%? 15% if CSR is from Mumbai but 20% if Manila? Does it depend on your Driver Rating? Having good comments from Riders? Type of aftershave used? Whether you are part of the Classaction Lawsuit or not?

This is the question that should be definitive. What is the Cancellation Rate Percentage in my market (LA) that will get me Deactivated?
We should be down at the office with pitch forks demanding an answer to this question. It's completely abusive and unfair to hold drivers to a standard and refuse to tell us what that standard is.

sweatypawz

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
She knew what she was doing and there is always more to the story. When I got reactivated they made it clear that they take more than just one criteria into consideration when the decide to deactivate. Maybe she had some serious issues she's not talking about. Maybe she had a freak out in the office or maybe she was a terrible driver. we only know what we see here. I see here that a lot of drivers are pushing cancel rates in the 20-30% and still driving. What we should be doing instead of judging drivers ethics in here is talking about exactly what cancel rates are getting people deactivated so that drivers have that information.

Uber is abusing its power by holding us to a standard and refusing to tell us what it is and we should all go down to the office together and demand a real answer to the question. what is the max acceptable cancel rate?
Yep I'm totally a terrible person who is an even worse driver and every single time a person gets into my car I try to drive off a cliff cause why not right? And yeah I totally did freak out at the office go to the front door of the Westwood office and see the boards up? That was me. I went ape shit.

independent contractor LA

Cancellation regardless of market is standard for uber.

People plz read your deactivation policy,

It clearly says that uber likes canceltion within 5%.

No you can argue all day long about how you dont give shit about uber or pax and lab lab lab, but at the end of day, company that your working for says within 5%.

15/20/30 wouldnt be acceptable in your eyes as well if you are were the employer

KevRyde

What we should be doing instead of judging drivers ethics in here is talking about exactly what cancel rates are getting people deactivated so that drivers have that information.

I was deactivated/reactivated about a week before the ratings screen was reformatted to include acceptance and cancellation percentages (yet without any context as to what time period is associated with either percentage, e.g., current week, rolling last seven days, etc.). After staring at his computer screen - I suppose he was reviewing my ride history data - the young'un in the office simply stated, "you do cancel a lot". I then asked, "what constitutes 'a lot'?" to which he replied "about 50%". I knew that to be farfetched, but since my only goal was to get reactivated, I held my tongue.

With my best poker face, I did offer up, "I know when I cancel within a few seconds that the request automatically gets rerouted to the next closest driver without the rider having to re-request, and I almost always drive in areas that are swarming with drivers [implying that riders don't really suffer from my actions, which frankly they didn't]".

The reformed KevRyde:

2016-09-27 22.06.19.jpg

Last edited:

Tedgey

Cancelations are obviously an issue right now. Drivers around the country are being deactivated because of them. When we sit around while people openly discuss their cancelation strategies and pretend that it's normal to cancel 30% we do a disservice to those who are in need of guidance. I've taken dozens of Uber trips as passenger and if you haven't I suggest you do the same. It is a highly irregular practice to call and screen your passengers and my guess is a large percentage of cancelations came at the hands of a small percentage of drivers.

Having said that, I've had passengers tell me they a had three consecutive drivers cancel on them at LAX. Two Ubers and a Lyft. I took a guy from Southwest across the street that told me someone had already canceled on him. With the money being more concentrated at LAX and therefore there being a greater incentive to cheat the system (read: your fellow drivers) this practice is obviously becoming more commonplace.

It is not judging the ethics of other drivers to point out the obvious tangible fact that when a driver calls and screens a ride from terminal one to The Concourse then it's no longer the passenger that's screwing over the driver with this ride, it's the first driver that screened and canceled. The unethical thing to do in this situation is to sit quietly and pretend like nobody notices how unprofessional this practice really is. And if we're content to be this unprofessional then surely we'll go the way of the cab companies.

Regardless of how you or I feel about it, Uber is obviously taking it seriously. Or at least this week they are

Tedgey

I was deactivated/reactivated about a week before the ratings screen was reformatted to include acceptance and cancellation percentages (yet without any context as to what time period is associated with either percentage, e.g., current week, rolling last seven days, etc.). After staring at his computer screen - I suppose he was reviewing my ride history data - the young'un in the office simply stated, "you do cancel a lot". I then asked, "what constitutes 'a lot'?" to which he replied "about 50%". I knew that to be farfetched, but since my only goal was to get reactivated, I held my tongue.

With my best poker face, I did offer up, "I know when I cancel within a few seconds that the request automatically gets rerouted to the next closest driver without the rider having to re-request, and I almost always drive in areas that are swarming with drivers [implying that riders don't really suffer from my actions, which frankly they didn't]".

The reformed KevRyde:

View attachment 65353
Have you had a significant drop in revenue?

DriverX

No you can argue all day long about how you dont give shit about uber or pax and lab lab lab, but at the end of day, company that your working for says within 5%.

15/20/30 wouldnt be acceptable in your eyes as well if you are were the employer
They aren't our EMPLOYER, that's the whole reason we are cancelling bad rides. We are under the regulations of the CPUC rules for TCP drivers. Part of that specifies that we have a completed waybill before each trip begins and part of a completed waybill is the DESTINATION information. Uber denies this portion of the waybill todrivers until after the trip begins. That is in VIOLATION of the CPUC regs.

Plus we all know that many drivers are driving with much higher rates than 5% SO OBVIOSULY THAT NUMBER IS BS.

Cancelations are obviously an issue right now. Drivers around the country are being deactivated because of them. When we sit around while people openly discuss their cancelation strategies and pretend that it's normal to cancel 30% we do a disservice to those who are in need of guidance. I've taken dozens of Uber trips as passenger and if you haven't I suggest you do the same. It is a highly irregular practice to call and screen your passengers and my guess is a large percentage of cancelations came at the hands of a small percentage of drivers.

Having said that, I've had passengers tell me they a had three consecutive drivers cancel on them at LAX. Two Ubers and a Lyft. I took a guy from Southwest across the street that told me someone had already canceled on him. With the money being more concentrated at LAX and therefore there being a greater incentive to cheat the system (read: your fellow drivers) this practice is obviously becoming more commonplace.

It is not judging the ethics of other drivers to point out the obvious tangible fact that when a driver calls and screens a ride from terminal one to The Concourse then it's no longer the passenger that's screwing over the driver with this ride, it's the first driver that screened and canceled. The unethical thing to do in this situation is to sit quietly and pretend like nobody notices how unprofessional this practice really is. And if we're content to be this unprofessional then surely we'll go the way of the cab companies.

Regardless of how you or I feel about it, Uber is obviously taking it seriously. Or at least this week they are
Thank you!

DriverX

The reformed KevRyde:

View attachment 65353
I was told a while back by a CSR that they pulled the plug at 50%. I haven't pushed it that far since and all I get is warnings so far. I have gotten close into the 40s maybe but the next week I'd reduce.

SCdave

What if those Uber Employees in Uber Local Market Offices
- Don't use the 5%
- Use other parameters in place of or along with the 5%
- Totally ignore the 5%
- Are told by Uber Corporate to define their own Cancellation Rate = deactivation parameters,
- If Cancellation Parameters also depend and can change when Uber Corp. puts pressure on that local office to improve Cancellation / Acceptance Rates or you won't get your performance bonus or maybe your butt will be fired version.

So how definitive is this nebulous 5% you refer too?

They aren't our EMPLOYER, that's the whole reason we are cancelling bad rides. We are under the regulations of the CPUC rules for TCP drivers. Part of that specifies that we have a completed waybill before each trip begins and part of a completed waybill is the DESTINATION information. Uber denies this portion of the waybill todrivers until after the trip begins. That is in VIOLATION of the CPUC regs.

Plus we all know that many drivers are driving with much higher rates than 5% SO OBVIOSULY THAT NUMBER IS BS.
Yes they are, who sends money to your bank every week. You can call the partbers or employers or whatever, the fact is they are the one that paying you therfore they are the one that sets the rules. Welcome to IC world.

In regard to waybill, we work under uber tcp and by law they have to have all the info about pax and they do. Uber not giving to drivers its diffrent story but as long as cupc or dot is concern uber tcp has a full waybill.

Just coz you dont see it doesn't mean is not there

Forthere more 5% is very clear in TOS. You can call it whatever you want and who dose what and not. But if uber wants to deactivate you even on 8% they can coz they said it we like it in 5%.

UberIsAllFubared

[

I agree duck. I don't cherry pick my lax rides, and I do a ton of them... but, I do call to confirm pickup locations, and if the pax doesn't answer their phone, there is a very good chance I am cancelling the ride. Half the time when I call, the pax is on the arrival level. I also get wrong terminals and door numbers. I can't play Where's Waldo at lax after maybe waiting 30 minutes in the queue, and another 5-20 minutes going over there.