Anyone else's earnings crazy lower since new rate change?

How are your earnings since the rate change?

• Higher

• The Same

• Lower

• Much Lower

Results are only viewable after voting.

tbrook01

This is crazy guys. I've seen a dip from 900-1100 a week driving only about 30 hours to like $750 max in the same amount of hours with the same routine. That's in the ballpark of a 25% pay cut. "Diamond driver" my ass. How much deeper are they going to be able to stick it in us before we all quit or everyone gets annoyed enough to organize a strike of some kind? This is insane.

Including a poll just cause I'm curious.

180dayofchange

Dia with uber x is only tempting because of the possible rematch, specially in the traffic, and they know that exactly...
With the fare cuts, drivers forced drive more to make the same money...even if the requests number would be the same, we would make less money, plus the flat surge.....:frown: and more and more super slow day ( I don't know what's the reason for that) I think most of the full time drivers try to survive the next 3 months hoping others will quit:biggrin:...

Crazy_urn

How much deeper are they going to be able to stick it in us before we all quit or everyone gets annoyed enough to organize a strike of some kind?
I haven't seen anyone on here say they are making the same or more now. But a strike will never happen. This is a side hustle, not a career. And as such, the vast majority of drivers are simply not invested enough to care enough to strike. I will continue driving until the day this gig stops being advantageous to me, then I will stop and never look back. Between the drivers like me and the people who could never strike because they NEED the income you will never see a meaningful strike. And if you did, there will be more than enough drivers looking to make an extra buck that will intentional drive during the strike that neither uber nor the passengers will even notice you are striking.

and more and more super slow day ( I don't know what's the reason for that)
The reason is simple:
1. Normal seasonal slowing
2. Major recruiting marketing campaign enticing new drivers.
3. Drivers who have a monetary goal having to drive more hours to make the same amount of money due to rate cuts and reasons 1 and 2.

Daisey77

and more and more super slow day ( I don't know what's the reason for that)
its that time of year. This happens every year at this time. Just wait until January. It's hands down the slowest month of the year

I think most of the full time drivers try to survive the next 3 months hoping others will quit
"try" to survive? There is no "trying" with the full timers. you either make it work or find something else but regardless of our decision, our decision is never based on hopes of others quitting. Even if 500 do quit, there's at least twice that many signing up.

Daisey77

I took two Lyft rides for work today. Both drivers had been driving less than a month.
And what did these two noobs have to say about things? Please tell me you gave them a hard reality check:biggrin: I'm sure they think they're on top of the world right now:smiles: lol

Crazy_urn

And what did these two noobs have to say about things? Please tell me you gave them a hard reality check:biggrin: I'm sure they think they're on top of the world right now:smiles: lol
Both seemed to be in the honeymoon phase and were quite happy with the gig. I decided not to burst their bubble.

Daisey77

Both seemed to be in the honeymoon phase and were quite happy with the gig. I decided not to burst their bubble.
I don't think you would have officially bursted it. I find they tend to not believe us, thinking they are the exception:smiles::rolleyes:

Rooster06

Once again Daisy, sage words for slightly less noobs @@@@@ing about real noobs during he slow season. They never seem to learn...

I haven't seen anyone on here say they are making the same or more now. But a strike will never happen. This is a side hustle, not a career. And as such, the vast majority of drivers are simply not invested enough to care enough to strike. I will continue driving until the day this gig stops being advantageous to me, then I will stop and never look back. Between the drivers like me and the people who could never strike because they NEED the income you will never see a meaningful strike. And if you did, there will be more than enough drivers looking to make an extra buck that will intentional drive during the strike that neither uber nor the passengers will even notice you are striking.

The reason is simple:
1. Normal seasonal slowing
2. Major recruiting marketing campaign enticing new drivers.
3. Drivers who have a monetary goal having to drive more hours to make the same amount of money due to rate cuts and reasons 1 and 2.
Perhaps I'm naive, but how do you strike against a company when you are not even an employee? To strike means you simply choose to quit. Do you think picketing in front of their Corporate Offices really going to make any difference?