Anyone else working for FREE tonight???

CahalM

I'm kind of pissed right now. All five of my trips show as PENDING as of right now even though my first trip was completed at 4:41 PM; that was four hours ago. I'm sorry but I needed some of that money for a little thing called GAS.

I called support and apparently it's a "know issue" but there's no time frame for it to be fixed. Is anyone else having this problem???

Last edited:

CahalM

its all over the country just ignore it it will update sooner or later
Sorry but "sooner or later" to someone like myself depending on this income just isn't a satisfactory answer. I'd already dropped $20 in the gas tank to get started and while I still had plenty left, I wasn't about to use it ALL and then not be paid. I have plans for tomorrow, and places to go!

Sorry but "sooner or later" to someone like myself depending on this income just isn't a satisfactory answer. I'd already dropped $20 in the gas tank to get started and while I still had plenty left, I wasn't about to use it ALL and then not be paid. I have plans for tomorrow, and places to go!

This. If I knew this issue would only be for a few hours it wouldn't matter but it's affecting my delivery decisions at this point. I think it's affecting everyone because most of the delivery pings I've gotten have had a high guarantee attached so they must be having a hard time getting drivers.

CahalM

This. If I knew this issue would only be for a few hours it wouldn't matter but it's affecting my delivery decisions at this point. I think it's affecting everyone because most of the delivery pings I've gotten have had a high guarantee attached so they must be having a hard time getting drivers.

EXACTLY!!!!! I logged off and came home because I can't afford to keep driving if I don't know when I'm going to get paid. If I was wealthy and just did this for fun, well then yeah but I'm not.

EXACTLY!!!!! I logged off and came home because I can't afford to keep driving if I don't know when I'm going to get paid. If I was wealthy and just did this for fun, well then yeah but I'm not.
If you can afford to risk having to wait a few days to get paid it’s probably a great night to do it because it’s Friday and lots of people are sitting it out. It sounds like this is affecting regular passenger Uber as well. You'd probably make bank. I don’t doubt they will pay us what we’re owed, just a question of when.

The Jax

Not to be rude so do no take me that way but the way you say that, you make it seem like you work then cash out every night. In all honesty, if you are that strapped that you need to cash out every night, you need to re-evaluate your finances, expenses, and employment. Thats a ridiculous way to live and very stressful.

7Miles

I had $18 guarantee attached. 9 mins away. Got there , restaurant tells me customer called them and canceled after 1.5 hours of waiting.
Too bad they pay us only $0.98 to call customer service now. I won’t call

7Miles

Since I posted it, I had two more high guarantees attached to two orders. All of them were bad - restaurant is closed, restaurant doesn’t have items. Beware of $10+ guarantees. Uber wants you to drive there to fix a problem and get paid only $0.98 , not $10+

Wow still $0.98 more than I got paid the other night. Zoomed over to a Popeye's and of course some other driver had already picked it up, strangely the support person tried to get me to get the restaurant to re-make the order, which didn't happen, and I got nothing for my time.

Earlier tonight I got an $11 guaranteed McD's delivery, and I figured either it was an epic run to the middle of nowhere or they'd screw me the second I got there. So I passed. Get these guarantees up near $18-20 and I might take a chance one day. Sorry, Uber.

Mighty Mo

Surprised it's went on this long, this happen before?
First for me but I'm very new.

Bad timing for myself too is all, but I'm not all gonna freak out.
I wouldn't put myself in a position where I am 100% dependent on any one company, person or institution.
That's just not very smart, rich or poor.

Hope they fix it though, I got to pony up the gas money til they do, cause I'm kind of hoping to take advantage of all
the other driver's "going home", too funny.

Ha, well, GL out there all.

Kfs

I Accepted 2 different food orders last night and they both were going away from direction of my home but agreed to the first one since it was $14 gaurantee and was only 10 minutes out of my way. When i got to Mcdonalds at 4.30 am the drivethru informs me that the order was for non breakfast items and that the order was canceled by McDonalds because they are only doing breakfast. I am new so i called Uber customer service and after they put me on hold for 4 minutes i see the order get cancelled on my app. Customer service then returned and said everything was resolved. I then drive towards home and get another guaranteed pay order for $10. I accept and it and it is at the same McDonalds and the same thing happens. This time when customer service tells me all is good and that i will be paid the pickup fee. I assumed he meant $10 but i asked him to tell me my pay and he said $1.20. I argued with him and told him this was a guaranteed minimum of $10. He said that is only paid if the delivery is complete. I said that the guarantee should be just that, a guarantee. He said i can contest it by email thru the app. I then had him verify what i got paid on the other $14 guarantee and he said 1.20.

Does anyone know if i will be able to get the entire amounts paid if i complain thru the app?

I wasted almost an entire hour, and when i factor in the fact that these attempted pickups took me east instead of west(which is home) it was well over an hour wasted. I feel lied to, pure and simple.

I did a $10 guarantee the night before from Ihop to a hotel guest. The guest never came to door, so i left it with front desk and texted guest to get it from front desk since they would not answer(at 1.30 am)I did get paid this time but only because Ihop did not cancel. I could see on my trip reports that the order originated 70 minutes before it was sent to me.

Dont think i will be accepting any more guaranteed minimums. Its a sucker bet.

Mighty Mo

Nah man you're not going to get paid for those guaranteed because you didn't deliver it. I know you accepted it and waste of your time and support is a big whole bunch of nothing helpful, but lesson here is just know that McDonald's is a big piece of crap. I work nights so I'm often times doing deliveries and fairs at night but I turned delivery off at night most of the time because of McDonald's, had them cancel one too many times or say they weren't making ice cream shakes or whatever excuse they can make up because their line is long and I've wasted 30 minutes in lline. customer support is not worth contacting over one ride it's just a waste of time less it was a really big expensive ride.

CahalM

Not to be rude so do no take me that way but the way you say that, you make it seem like you work then cash out every night. In all honesty, if you are that strapped that you need to cash out every night, you need to re-evaluate your finances, expenses, and employment. Thats a ridiculous way to live and very stressful.
I'm disabled.....I currently can't work a regular job, sorry I'm lame..... I use food delivery to supplement my wife's income.

Wow, my trips are prosessed now but instant pay still doesn't work. So much for what I had planned today AND driving for Uber tonight. I guess I'll be doing Postmates instead.

downeybrook

You don't have any savings? LOL

The Jax

I'm disabled.....I currently can't work a regular job, sorry I'm lame..... I use food delivery to supplement my wife's income.

Wow, my trips are prosessed now but instant pay still doesn't work. So much for what I had planned today AND driving for Uber tonight. I guess I'll be doing Postmates instead.
Good point. Thanks for not thinking I was barking at you.