• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else unemployable besides me?

Fozzie

If you have to do Uber/Lyft your rental properties can’t be doing that well lol
I don't need to drive for Uber and Lyft, I do so because despite how much they often piss me off, it gets me out of the house and all of the money I make with rideshare goes towards my "fun fund." Rideshare runs add up, and allows me to vacation several times a year without touching any of my investments. This year I spent time in Spain and Hawaii, and at my homes in Denver, DC and Orlando. (and here in Seattle) Having investment properties really isn't as horrible as you may think. :smiles: Key to successful renting is proper screening and keeping your tenants happy. Happy, long term tenants don't cause problems and they take care of themselves. All you do is verify that rent payments were made on the 1st of each month.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

My son has rental properties and he has nightmares with some of the people he rents to, whiners and deadbeats, but they have professional jobs a good incomes and still behave like hood rats.
I’ve never had any issues with my tenants
Probably because I’m an excellent landlord

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get social security and a small VA disability payment, plus the mandatory withdrawals from my IRA because of my age. I have a small pension, less than $400 a month, from a company I worked for long ago. Add in Uber/Lyft and my part time job at the airport, and I am getting about as much as when I worked full time. Life is good.
People like you need to park your car, and go fishing at a lake.

LOL. I wish I could find someone to buy my prescription drugs. I'd make a fortune! This is just one of the dozen meds I take. (This is a ONE MONTH SUPPLY)
View attachment 286230View attachment 286230
That looks like RANSOMWARE!

Stevie The magic Unicorn

How old are you people? What you mean by unemployable? I find it hard to believe that none of you have any qualifications.
I'm a one legged Unicorn Veteran with 12.5 years of professional driving experience (counting my time in the army)

Can't drive for a living anymore

Yeah i'm at about worthless...

"Well what did you do in the army?"

"Drove trucks"

"And what did you do after that?"

"Drove taxis"

"Then?"

"Buses for less than a year"

"Then?"

"medical problems"

"So do you have any experience doing anything else but driving?"

"Shooting things?"

So... how does that life experience going to help you do "Insert job title here"

SuzeCB

My son has rental properties and he has nightmares with some of the people he rents to, whiners and deadbeats, but they have professional jobs a good incomes and still behave like hood rats.
Most "Hood rats" that are on Section 8 will actually be good tenants. They know that if they are successfully evicted for cause they will be kicked off Section 8 and banned from it for life.

But most landlords try to avoid renting to them. Dumb, IMO. Whatever share Section 8 pays is money the landlord knows they'll never have to chase anyone for.

reg barclay

I feel stuck driving my car, and I know that it's not gonna hold out forever. I pray and hope that I won't end up back in a cab, where I was forced to pay a lease everyday.
We're all paying a lease. The only difference is that with a cab you pay it all to one place, and it might be a flat rate. With Uber you're paying it to the car dealer, mechanic, tire company etc etc, and it's variable.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

We're all paying a lease. The only difference is that with a cab you pay it all to one place, and it might be a flat rate. With Uber you're paying it to the car dealer, mechanic, tire company etc etc, and it's variable.
Also with taxis usually the lease/gas was 99% of my expenses, no massive cut to the cab company for fares...

NOXDriver

LOL. I wish I could find someone to buy my prescription drugs. I'd make a fortune! This is just one of the dozen meds I take. (This is a ONE MONTH SUPPLY)
View attachment 286230View attachment 286230

I'm still too young to grab social security and mandatory withdrawals from my IRAs. Yay! I live off of my retirement pension, a small VA disability check, rental property income and Uber/Lyft.

They sell that as an abortion pill in China. Costs less than $15 a pill, over the counter. Book a flight to Shanghai or Beijing, load up on a few bottles and profit. Paying US prices for meds is for suckers.

Christinebitg

The only jobs available to those over 50 are Walmart slaves, Uber drivers or politicians.
Got any more excuses?

Last May, I retired from a full time job that paid a great salary and had good benefits. Now they put pension money in my checking account every month. I turned 66 last year.

tjuber

I don't need to drive for Uber and Lyft, I do so because despite how much they often piss me off, it gets me out of the house and all of the money I make with rideshare goes towards my "fun fund." Rideshare runs add up, and allows me to vacation several times a year.
That’s exactly my situation as well! Several vacations a year including at least 1 cruise. I love my Uber vacation fund!

JohnnyBravo836

You know, I live one mile from a lake. I always thought I would fish after retirement from full time work, but so far no luck.
Before you eat anything that came out of there, be sure to get a water sample and have a chemical analysis done first. :wink:

Driver1984

Like hotubermess said above, I also agree that a lot of you would be good truck driver like me. I drive for uber on some weekends when I feel bored. I have been driving class A semi-trucks for almost 5 years and I love it! In 2018 I grossed believe or not $99000 plus some dust income from uber totaling over six figures for the first time in my life at 34 years old and only high school diploma.
I know a lot of you will ask why are you driving for uber with that kind of income? My answer Is: I drive my truck at night and sleep during the day, when I am off from my main job on the weekends sometimes I try to keep the same sleep schedule that is when I drive for uber sometimes just to keep my mind busy, Also I am trying to pay all my consumer debt as fast as possible.
I will tell you this... the truck industry is desperate for drivers! The turn over rate is very high a lot higher then rideshare I think! expect to start making $50000 your first year. Good luck!

Last edited:

FormerTaxiDriver♧

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You know, I live one mile from a lake. I always thought I would fish after retirement from full time work, but so far no luck.
You need to be out there early, Pappy. It's not like waiting on a plane to land in the afternoon. Noontime is the wrong time. Try it again.

peteyvavs

Got any more excuses?

Last May, I retired from a full time job that paid a great salary and had good benefits. Now they put pension money in my checking account every month. I turned 66 last year.
Trying to get hired at what you made before retirement, lol good luck with that.