• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else unemployable besides me?

Jaredgeorge29

How old are you people? What you mean by unemployable? I find it hard to believe that none of you have any qualifications.

Fozzie

Pretty sure that if I wanted to find another job that I could get one, but I really enjoy being able to make my own schedule and travel as I please without professional (or social) encumbrances. That said, being disabled, 60+, and out of the job market for several years pretty much puts me into the "unemployable" category.

Fozzie

How old are you people? What you mean by unemployable? I find it hard to believe that none of you have any qualifications.
I have an AA, AS, BA, BS and MBA. I have (had) a Series 7, Real Estate and Insurance licenses, decades of verifiable senior management experience, and among the highest government security clearances one can possibly receive. It's not that we don't have qualifications, but rather because many businesses just don't want "outdated" employees that are less likely to take shit from "management."

Gilby

You probably get a check every month.
I get social security and a small VA disability payment, plus the mandatory withdrawals from my IRA because of my age. I have a small pension, less than $400 a month, from a company I worked for long ago. Add in Uber/Lyft and my part time job at the airport, and I am getting about as much as when I worked full time. Life is good.

peteyvavs

I have an AA, AS, BA, BS and MBA. I have (had) a Series 7, Real Estate and Insurance licenses, decades of verifiable senior management experience, and among the highest government security clearances one can possibly receive. It's not that we don't have qualifications, but rather because many businesses just don't want "outdated" employees that are less likely to take shit from "management."
You are so right, that’s why we older people sell prescription drugs lol, more profitable and repeat business.

Fozzie

You are so right, that’s why we older people sell prescription drugs lol, more profitable and repeat business.
LOL. I wish I could find someone to buy my prescription drugs. I'd make a fortune! This is just one of the dozen meds I take. (This is a ONE MONTH SUPPLY)
upload_2018-12-31_14-12-26.jpeg
upload_2018-12-31_14-12-26.jpeg

I get social security and a small VA disability payment, plus the mandatory withdrawals from my IRA because of my age. I have a small pension, less than $400 a month, from a company I worked for long ago. Add in Uber/Lyft and my part time job at the airport, and I am getting about as much as when I worked full time. Life is good.
I'm still too young to grab social security and mandatory withdrawals from my IRAs. Yay! I live off of my retirement pension, a small VA disability check, rental property income and Uber/Lyft.

UberLyftFlexWhatever

If you have to do Uber/Lyft your rental properties can’t be doing that well lol
Do U Know how I find tenants for my rental properties?

Uber.
I profile the passenger
Then give them an online link to one of my available properties
Either the pax or someone they know will be interested.

No Craigslist, roll of the dice
No realtor and commissions

peteyvavs

Do U Know how I find tenants for my rental properties?

Uber.
I profile the passenger
Then give them an online link to one of my available properties
Either the pax or someone they know will be interested.

No Craigslist, roll of the dice
No realtor and commissions
My son has rental properties and he has nightmares with some of the people he rents to, whiners and deadbeats, but they have professional jobs a good incomes and still behave like hood rats.