1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else unemployable besides me?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by FormerTaxiDriver♧, Dec 31, 2018.

Tags:
  1. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    I feel stuck driving my car, and I know that it's not gonna hold out forever. I pray and hope that I won't end up back in a cab, where I was forced to pay a lease everyday.

2. theMezz

theMezz

Driving:
    UberX
    I'm too old- no one will hire me I bet

3. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    I worked at Walmart when I was 41. Wish I was 41!

4. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL

what he said

Wally and tohunt4me like this.
  5. How old are you people? What you mean by unemployable? I find it hard to believe that none of you have any qualifications.

6. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    52 y/o, k?

My interviews turn into wasted time!

1974toyota likes this.
  7. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    What's too old? I am 73 and still get recruiters contacting me frequently. I just don't want a full time job anymore.

8. FormerTaxiDriver♧

FormerTaxiDriver♧

Driving:
    Lyft
    You probably get a check every month.

9. Once you hit 50 you are disposable in this society, even if you’re highly skilled your opportunities diminishes proportional to your age, that’s a fact.

The only jobs available to those over 50 are Walmart slaves, Uber drivers or politicians.

10. 911 Guy

911 Guy

I'm 47 and feel the same way. Highly qualified, zero motivation.

300Miles, Umut, 1974toyota and 3 others like this.
  11. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    Pretty sure that if I wanted to find another job that I could get one, but I really enjoy being able to make my own schedule and travel as I please without professional (or social) encumbrances. That said, being disabled, 60+, and out of the job market for several years pretty much puts me into the "unemployable" category.

1974toyota and HotUberMess like this.
  12. I really don’t want a job, that’s why I fiddle around all day Ubering aholes

Ping.Me.More, ElUbre, GT500KR and 2 others like this.
  13. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    I have an AA, AS, BA, BS and MBA. I have (had) a Series 7, Real Estate and Insurance licenses, decades of verifiable senior management experience, and among the highest government security clearances one can possibly receive. It's not that we don't have qualifications, but rather because many businesses just don't want "outdated" employees that are less likely to take **** from "management."

Duber12, uberwalt, Umut and 19 others like this.
  14. Gilby

Gilby

Driving:
    UberX
    I get social security and a small VA disability payment, plus the mandatory withdrawals from my IRA because of my age. I have a small pension, less than $400 a month, from a company I worked for long ago. Add in Uber/Lyft and my part time job at the airport, and I am getting about as much as when I worked full time. Life is good.

15. You are so right, that’s why we older people sell prescription drugs lol, more profitable and repeat business.

sheridens and Iann like this.
  16. Fozzie

Fozzie

Driving:
    UberX
    LOL. I wish I could find someone to buy my prescription drugs. I'd make a fortune! This is just one of the dozen meds I take. (This is a ONE MONTH SUPPLY)
    upload_2018-12-31_14-12-26.jpeg upload_2018-12-31_14-12-26.jpeg

I'm still too young to grab social security and mandatory withdrawals from my IRAs. Yay! I live off of my retirement pension, a small VA disability check, rental property income and Uber/Lyft.

17. If you have to do Uber/Lyft your rental properties can’t be doing that well lol

1974toyota likes this.
  18. Do U Know how I find tenants for my rental properties?

Uber.
    I profile the passenger
    Then give them an online link to one of my available properties
    Either the pax or someone they know will be interested.

No Craigslist, roll of the dice
    No realtor and commissions

19. oldfart

oldfart

Driving:
    UberXL
    72 years old, also have been series 7 license and real estate and insurance licenses

Maybe I could find a sales job, but I gotta say, I’m not really interested in a 9 to 5 with a boss

20. My son has rental properties and he has nightmares with some of the people he rents to, whiners and deadbeats, but they have professional jobs a good incomes and still behave like hood rats.