Uber Drivers Forum banner
  • If you have joined UberPeople.net because your Uber account was hacked, you've likely been taken in by a scam. Please read this before starting a thread on this subject.

Anyone else not getting their cancellation fees the past few weeks?

652 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Jack Tupp 
#1 ·
Hello all,

Been lurking here for a while but signed up just to post this, wondering if this is a widespread issue. Been doing Uber on the side for @ 1 1/2 yrs, 800+ rides, in good standing (I think, lol) with a 4.97 rating. Never had a problem getting tips left online (as far as I can tell). And never had a problem getting my fees for trips cancelled by riders after the 2 minute warning... up until just the past couple weeks.

But over the past few weeks... every time I get a cancellation where the rider cancels after the 2 minute grace period, I still get the message on the driver app that says "you will receive a cancellation fee for this trip", etc., but when I look in the "Earnings Activity", it continues to show $0.00 for ALL of those "trips" (at least 15 or 20 instances of this over the past couple weeks).

Again, this never used to happen to me prior to a couple weeks ago (that I can tell), but now it's happening constantly. The $ I missed out on for 15 or 20 cancellations isn't a huge deal, but if this is going to be a regular thing going forward, then that could be a problem.

I contacted Uber about this, but just got a generic canned reply that was 0% relevant to my issue (which seems to be the norm, judging from the handful of times I've had to contact them about various issues in the past).

So just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this lately? Don't know if this is a new software bug or what. I can tolerate most of the bugs in the Uber app, but not getting $ that is owed to me... especially when it starts happening on a regular basis... might be a deal-breaker going forward.

See less See more
#4 ·
I didn't realize they made that change, thanks for the heads up. I'll have to go back and compare the weekly statement to the earnings activity to see if there's any difference.

At any rate, just got a follow-up reply from Uber, stating that they are "aware of the issue", so it must be happening to some people, at least.

This is **** from Uber's Priority Support Team. We are really sorry for the inconvenience caused and for the delayed response.

We understand this may be upsetting for you. Please know, we are aware of this issue and appreciate your patience as we work to resolve this as quickly as possible.

Thank you for your understanding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.