• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else not getting ping?

For some reason, every so often my app will go silent, and not ping when a get a ride request. This morning I had a 90% acceptance rate, but by missing pings, at the end of 8 hours my % is 74...…
This is bullturds as I apparently missed more than 1 or 2 rides.....
Once I realized the issue, I restarted app and it worked, for about 3 rides, then silent again....
Are you guys getting this problem or am I the lucky one?

BigRedDriver

For some reason, every so often my app will go silent, and not ping when a get a ride request. This morning I had a 90% acceptance rate, but by missing pings, at the end of 8 hours my % is 74...…
Once I realized the issue, I restarted app and it worked, for about 3 rides, then silent again....
Maybe. I’ve only been on lyft a week. Never turned down a ping, and my acceptance rate shows 94%. Not sure how that happened.

disp350

Just a long shot, but do you have an iPhone with a Do Not Disturb time? I had a similar issue 2 years ago and found that when my DND went on at 11PM, I was missing pings as well. I ended up setting a reminder for 10:59 on nights I drive to disable it.

kcdrvr15

h1b visa tech's, they fix one issue in the app, and introduce 2 more, kind of like long hauling a pax. it's to be expected, most of these tech's are working on fake credentials, had to deal with some h1b visa tech's at my gov job before I retired, they are worthless, uber would do better at hiring high school students to fix their app.

Ping.Me.More

For some reason, every so often my app will go silent, and not ping when a get a ride request.
Happens to me several times a week on Lyft, but hasn't happened yet on Uber. (Once I found
that it was because I had my volume muted, but, other times no.) I missed a couple of $6 Lyft
consecutive ride bonuses because of no pings, and began wondering if it was deliberate by Lyft.

When I get the "missed ride" acceptance message, first thing I always check is to make sure
the volume was previously set on max level. It was! No Ping! No acceptance chance till after the fact,
when I'm told I missed an opportunity and therefore lost my bonus chance.

Another Uber Driver

I have not been getting pings. This is because it has been LYFT OFF for me for the past two days, as Uber is paying better bonuses. Gryft just announced a copy cat pay cut in my market, so, as I am a late sign up, thus a twenty-five per-center, I am really losing money on Lyft rides. It is back to one or two trips per month just to keep the account open.

KK2929

Try uninstalling the app. Restart your phone and then reinstall the app. Been having to do this for a while now.
-------------------

Actually, I was getting ready to suggest the same thing. This procedure should be done weekly. Lyft is constantly making changes. It affects the performance of the app. I starts with turning my phone off and back on. If still a problem, I uninstall.

mbd

Uninstall app, also restart phone.
I would restart phone every day.