• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else having trouble with their uber driver app?

spelawi

It keeps loading and shit. This has happened for the past 2 days. is it just me or what? it has been happening since the last update.

malbi

Yes. It's been happening to me too. I just turn the screen off and on. That seems to stop the loading.

Prodgers

did you manage to solve the issue? Sat night i had the same issue (first time i have been out since January) - it gets stuck on the loading screen. I have sent a support request to Uber but no confirmation that they got my message so not expecting a reply.

Uber Driver App Version: 3.163.10003 (latest in app store)
Device: Samsung Galaxy S8
Android Version: 7.0

Things i tried to solve the issue:
- reboot device
- clear app cache
- uninstall app, reboot device, install app
- turn gps off and on again
- turn data off and on (other apps work fine eg: facebook, web browser)
- turn bluetooth and wifi on/off (getting desperate by this stage)
- turn off phone for 10 minutes, then boot up again (as suggested by another Uber driver who doesn't have this issue)
- turning screen off and on when stuck on the loading screen (as suggested above)
- force stop app, reboot device (as suggested above)

Both the Uber and UberEats apps work perfectly fine as do all the other apps on the device. I have just tried to load the Uber Driver app now and still have the same problem. Is there a way to install older versions of an app on Android?

Cornuto

Not showing badges or comment ( not too fussed)
Not allowING me to stop New requests ( icon missing)
App takes at least 30secs- 1 min to start up
Amount of lifetime trips hasn’t budged

cujodu

Mine is hanging up after I end trip and rate passenger. It just says “calculating” in the totals section until I restart the app. I’ve tried reinstalling the app but no luck. For about a week now. iOS.

lilstevie

Was working fine for me on Saturday night, but I’m not logging in again until Friday so no idea if it’s something introduced since

Grizzly

Try clicking on earnings Tab and then going back to home page. Seems to fix this problem for me.

Prodgers

Cannot click on the earnings tab as the app doesn't load. It's like it freezes on the loading screen (see screenshot)

Actually had a response from Uber. They say I need to do a criminal history check again. I'm not convinced it's the issue but i have just done the history check again online so we will see what happens when that clears. My theory is if it is the problem the app would load and give me a message saying i need to do a criminal history check and wouldn't let me go online whereas all i am getting is a frozen loading screen. I hate to imagine that's what happens if your account isn't active but we'll see.

Attachments

Immoralized

Cannot click on the earnings tab as the app doesn't load. It's like it freezes on the loading screen (see screenshot)

Actually had a response from Uber. They say I need to do a criminal history check again. I'm not convinced it's the issue but i have just done the history check again online so we will see what happens when that clears. My theory is if it is the problem the app would load and give me a message saying i need to do a criminal history check and wouldn't let me go online whereas all i am getting is a frozen loading screen. I hate to imagine that's what happens if your account isn't active but we'll see.
sell that phone and get two samsung s5. uber app have trouble with new phones but legacy crappo phones work fine. I use two S5. One for Uber and one for Ola. You can find out if it your phone or not just order an Uber. pay the driver 5 or 10 bucks for his trouble and ask him if you can use his phone and just login to his driver app.

You can do this on any phone your friend have too by downloading the driver app and logging in. But the thing with the Uber driver is that you know it was working on his phone and if you can't login on his phone it mean ur account is suspended or deactivated.

Spending time on here isn't going to help with anything :wink: Up to you to be proactive. Anyone that can login before but can't login now it usually always the case that the account is suspended by Uber usually because of documents/deactivations rarely because of "phone".

Last edited:

NeilWhite

2 months now no momentum card... Muppets tell me to reinstall app, no difference. Stuff em, I have given up....

Immoralized

type in the link. they removed it from the app. losing too much money on discounts. I better stop typing out the link too... They'll remove that as well soon. :p

t.uber.com/my-momentum