• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else having serious problems with McDonald's?

Jal

Long waits, things missing, cold food, etc. I can easily say that 50% of all of my McDonald's orders have been,...well....not worth my time and effort as a driver. They pay the lowest, often have the longest drive times, and no one tips on a Mc'Ds order. No body. I'm new to driving for Uber Eats, and was wondering...how can I know the order they want me to pick up is from M'cDonald's...so I can simply not accept the request?

Driver 42

If you have to do Eats, there are probably about 25 McD's in the Albuquerque region. Learn where they are located and then avoid them, or cancel the orders.

Uber lowered pay for Eats drivers recently by restructuring the driver pay, eliminating time pay, etc.

Many drivers all around the world are finding Uber Eats, especially McDonald's and other fast food, is not worth doing any longer without boost/extra pay. Many restaurants are dropping Uber Eats too, because it can ruin their reputation, and destroy their business. Uber Eats only makes money for Uber. It often hurts drivers and restaurants, which seems to be okay with Uber.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/annals-of-gastronomy/are-delivery-apps-killing-restaurants

DownByTheRiver

Long waits, things missing, cold food, etc. I can easily say that 50% of all of my McDonald's orders have been,...well....not worth my time and effort as a driver. They pay the lowest, often have the longest drive times, and no one tips on a Mc'Ds order. No body. I'm new to driving for Uber Eats, and was wondering...how can I know the order they want me to pick up is from M'cDonald's...so I can simply not accept the request?
If I were you I'd add GrubHub and DoorDash. You'll have more options that way.

Jal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
If I were you I'd add GrubHub and DoorDash. You'll have more options that way.
I'd like to, but GrubHub hires their drivers, and Alb is full, and PostMates and DoorDash have no bussiness in this city yet. I waited almost 45 minutes for a single job on the PostMates App. Plus, I suspect that when you run another delivery app at the same time as Uber Eats, you get (secretly) penalized. When I am only running UE, I wait no more than 5 minutes between deliveries. But on the same day, if I run both UE and Postmates, UE gives me nothing....for up to a half hour or longer. But if I close out PostMates and hard restart UE, it goes right back to an order every 5 minutes. Can't be a coincindence.