Anyone else have this happen driving Lyft?

UberMurphy

Hey everyone, I usually drive Uber but this week I got a text from Lyft saying that if I drive 25 trips this week, with a 90% acceptance rate. I would make $300. as an incentive bonus. I only drive part time because I have a windshield repair business So I usually only drive about 3 trips a day. Well this week I thought I would drive Lyft only and try to get that bonus. So I am 15 trips in and I get a ping and after I accept it I got a text from Lyft saying that I was picking up a One Call VIP, anyone know what that means? The guy I picked up lived in a small house and barely spoke English and didn't say much of anything but hi and bye. One more thing I find odd, since I have decided to take this bonus challenge 85% of my trips are 20 mile or more drop offs and I have had a couple pings where the pick up was about 25 miles away. Are they f*"kin with me?

Yozee

Had the same message last month, almost canceled, pax was no V.I.P, spoke no English, but it was a $28 trip, so no problemas. Still have no clue, neither did the pax, go figure! But be careful of scamers, plenty of threads here.

Edited*

Just called the number they had listed, it is an organization that connects non English speakers with rideshare, usually worker compensation, so mostly going to medical appointments. It is legit! BUT ping 25 miles away is NOT :wink:

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-09-08-15-52-56.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-08-15-52-56.png
    20.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

ShinyAndChrome

Man lyft hardly hits in my area. I am currently still in the 30 days getting $4 bonusnoer ride and I am only 13 in. I just don't get pings and when I do some of them are far too far to take seriously.

Lyft must be burning through incentive money faster than uber. Too had because they pay more too but riders just don't use it enough.

UberMurphy

Had the same message last month, almost canceled, pax was no V.I.P, spoke no English, but it was a $28 trip, so no problemas. Still have no clue, neither did the pax, go figure! But be careful of scamers, plenty of threads here.

Edited*

Just called the number they had listed, it is an organization that connects non English speakers with rideshare, usually worker compensation, so mostly going to medical appointments. It is legit! BUT ping 25 miles away is NOT :wink:

Yeah, that makes sense now, the drop off was at a doctors office, funny thing is.. I got the ping to take him back home and it turned out that the driver he had, ran out of gas!! Lyft called me and told me that the driver ran out of gas and thanked me for accepting the request.

Man lyft hardly hits in my area. I am currently still in the 30 days getting $4 bonusnoer ride and I am only 13 in. I just don't get pings and when I do some of them are far too far to take seriously.
Lyft must be burning through incentive money faster than uber. Too had because they pay more too but riders just don't use it enough.

I used to think that too about Lyft and had long distance pick ups ..but this week I have gotten just as many pings maybe even more than Uber