Anyone else getting pool requests without surge in surge zones

yucklyftline

Don't drive TOWARDS the surge if you're the only driver there. Drive away slowly, giving the pax the impression you're about to leave them with an even longer wait time. Once they see your car going the opposite way, panic sets in and they request the ride. Some pax are smart, you need to outsmart em.

If I'm sitting in a surge zone and see a driver headed towards me, I'll wait until he gets closer so there's a chance surge goes down in that time.

How many times have you seen a 2.7x surge zone turn into a 2.2, or 1.4 request?

And not receiving a ping from the surge zone doesn't necessarily mean a pax was able to successfully request a ride from another driver. They could all be waiting out the surge, like at train stations. Happens all the time. I certainly wouldn't want to pay surge getting to/from work, 5 days a week. And in that time they're all waiting, you get a ping from a non surge area. That's the breaks

UberHaterSJ

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I get that but I was actually in the surge zone and so were the pool rides that were non surge ..

yucklyftline

I get that but I was actually in the surge zone and so were the pool rides that were non surge ..
You need to verify that with the pax app. There's a lag time between the pax and driver app when it comes to surge. You may see it, but they may not, vice versa

Ignoranamous

Don't drive TOWARDS the surge if you're the only driver there. Drive away slowly, giving the pax the impression you're about to leave them with an even longer wait time. Once they see your car going the opposite way, panic sets in and they request the ride. Some pax are smart, you need to outsmart em.

If I'm sitting in a surge zone and see a driver headed towards me, I'll wait until he gets closer so there's a chance surge goes down in that time.

How many times have you seen a 2.7x surge zone turn into a 2.2, or 1.4 request?

And not receiving a ping from the surge zone doesn't necessarily mean a pax was able to successfully request a ride from another driver. They could all be waiting out the surge, like at train stations. Happens all the time. I certainly wouldn't want to pay surge getting to/from work, 5 days a week. And in that time they're all waiting, you get a ping from a non surge area. That's the breaks
Or don't flip it on until you're in the middle of the zone. That tends to work for me.

Euius

Pool displays the price in rider app, never the surge, but pool surges at the same time and value as X

X shows the surge rate in the rider app, always.

UberHaterSJ

I have always showed surge for pool when my requests come in until yesterday. Today same thing .

Ignoranamous

Happened to me just now. In offline mode the driver app shows surge, but as soon as I go online it disappears and gives me a Pool right right in the middle of what should be the heat zone with no surge! Closed out the app, restarted phone...same thing again.

Attachments

UberHaterSJ

Yeah I'm guessing either pools don't surge or they stopped showing drivers surge for pool..

UberHaterSJ

Pool is now the default , plus uber sends a message saying are you sure you want to take this ride , it will be cheaper to use pool and shows the two rates side by side

UberHaterSJ

In a 1.7× and pool is 7.57 to sjc from Googleplex. And if you have 2 riders it's 8.57.. it will take a hour to get there lol.

Ignoranamous

Ok fam, so I took that trip I posted above for the team. Obviously in a surge zone, you can see the Orange background. I declined another trip along the way to make sure this was a controlled experiment. Guess what...no surge applied. Contacted support, so we'll see what they say. As of now surge seems to be broken so I'm logging off for tonight. I think others are having the same problem as the surge zone has continued for about an hour. I'm thinking drivers are logging off tonight too.

UberHaterSJ

Yeah I'm done for the day also .. it's such B.s. thanks for the support message . Will love to see the answer