Anyone else get sore legs

GeorgeSteele

After working all day at my regular desk job, and then driving the past few nights until 1am, my legs feel tight. Anyone else ever feel that, and what do you do to prevent it from happening?

E30addixt

Hydration is key. On Fridays I'll work a desk job and then go drive all night. It's a pain timing bathroom stops sometimes but overall worth it.

I'll typically go through two bottles per "shift".

UberMor

Drink Water! Lots of it. I do the same. Get out of the car and stretch. I found that my shins would cramp up in my sleep. Sending me flying out of bed. It's from the workout they get from the constant foot pedal work from driving long hours. Hydration and stretching has stop the cramping.

Also change your seated position. I'm 6'5" so after 2 hours of driving my tailbone starts to hurt.

ubermaster5000

I used to play the drums and I find that almost the same exact muscle groups in my legs I use to drive were also used and built up by drumming so as far as I am concerned you need to just tough it out and build those muscles up so they can preform for a while with out getting fatigued. If the issue is poor blood circulation then definetlely get out and walk every now and then.

My issue is arthritis in my right knee. I can tell when a low pressure system is coming purely by how much my kneee aches. Getting old sucks...

Mims Athome

My legs don't hurt at the end of my shift. I do get out and walk around my car when possible. However, I get another weird phenomenon. After I get home and get out of my car for the day, I have what feels like vibrations going through my legs. It's as if I'm still in the car and I'm feeling the vibes from the car. But I'm out of the car and relaxing at home. Strange. Does anyone else get that too?

Liberty89

I used to play the drums and I find that almost the same exact muscle groups in my legs I use to drive were also used and built up by drumming so as far as I am concerned you need to just tough it out and build those muscles up so they can preform for a while with out getting fatigued. If the issue is poor blood circulation then definetlely get out and walk every now and then.

My issue is arthritis in my right knee. I can tell when a low pressure system is coming purely by how much my kneee aches. Getting old sucks...
You can't be too old lol, right? You look pretty young. I play the drums too (actively).

E30addixt

Aren't you like 25? Life hasn't even begun to @@@@ you with the tip of its dick yet :rolleyes:

ubermaster5000

You can't be too old lol, right? You look pretty young. I play the drums too (actively).
Nice man do you jam with friends, band, or just for fun?

I had a brand new Roland electric set for years and eventually sold it. I miss it so much!

I am 30 btw amd everyone says I look younger than I am

Aren't you like 25? Life hasn't even begun to &%[email protected]!* you with the tip of its &%[email protected]!* yet :rolleyes:
Yeah I know but the long slow decline has already begun for me. I am past my prime. I am 30 btw

Liberty89

Nice man do you jam with friends, band, or just for fun?

I had a brand new Roland electric set for years and eventually sold it. I miss it so much!

I am 30 btw amd everyone says I look younger than I am

Yeah I know but the long slow decline has already begun for me. I am past my prime. I am 30 btw
You definitely look younger than 30. I honestly would have put you at 25. I'm told I look younger than I am too.

And I play in my church, nothing more outside of that. But if a band were to contact me & ask for a drummer, I would consider it. I like beatboxing more though. I play sax as well and a little guitar. Looking to get into violin soon.

Stupendousman87

You definitely look younger than 30. I honestly would have put you at 25. I'm told I look younger than I am too.

And I play in my church, nothing more outside of that. But if a band were to contact me & ask for a drummer, I would consider it. I like beatboxing more though. I play sax as well and a little guitar. Looking to get into violin soon.

Very nice. I play guitar and bass at my church. Uber band?

I_Like_Spam

After working all day at my regular desk job, and then driving the past few nights until 1am, my legs feel tight. Anyone else ever feel that, and what do you do to prevent it from happening?

You really have to be driving the proper car to be able to stand staying in it for 6 or 7 hours or more.

When I was driving Yellow Cab, it was all full sized Chevrolet Caprices. You could stretch your legs all the way out, drive 3 or 4 hours straight no problem.

ubermaster5000

The pic I used to use here was me at 29.

I beatbox too. Especially in between rides while looking for my next pax. I wouldn't say I am amazing at it but I have been doing it since I sold my drumset. That is great that you play for church. I used to play at college parties a lot and jam with my friends. Can't say I would play for a church or anything being an athiest and all (technically half Jewish and half Catholic)

Liberty89

The pic I used to use here was me at 29.

I beatbox too. Especially in between rides while looking for my next pax. I wouldn't say I am amazing at it but I have been doing it since I sold my drumset. That is great that you play for church. I used to play at college parties a lot and jam with my friends. Can't say I would play for a church or anything being an athiest and all (technically half Jewish and half Catholic)
This is going to sound somewhat cocky, but it's not. I'm very good at beatboxing, very very good. I've done it for charities, churches, and a political national organization which some on this thread have probably heard of. But outside of that, my skills have not taken me as far as I hope to... yet. I'm not great at marketing myself, which is my problem. But I'm changing that now.

That's cool that you play drums too!

ubermaster5000

This is going to sound somewhat cocky, but it's not. I'm very good at beatboxing, very very good. I've done it for charities, churches, and a political national organization which some on this thread have probably heard of. But outside of that, my skills have not taken me as far as I hope to... yet. I'm not great at marketing myself, which is my problem. But I'm changing that now.

That's cool that you play drums too!
Very cool man!

South Shore Driver

I used to get that even when I was in college. All the other people made good points, let me make just one more.

Of all things, it turns out bananas can help with this. Something about eating bananas gives you more potassium which help with leg cramps. I know
my legs feel better when I add bananas to my diet.

BostonTaxiDriver

Anybody with an upcoming physical, ask your doctor or nurse about the best remedy for sore legs, then report back to the thread.

Last edited: