Anyone else feel as if us drivers are left out to dry constantly???

Nate b

I ask questions and give suggestions in emails and get stupid generic responses back and they don't actually answer anything i ask/say.

I just wrote this email because i am beyond frustrated with everything they have promised before i started driving and i have basically not gotten anything in return

I have been emailing back and forth for a while now and the people just keep giving me generic responses that have nothing to do with what I'm asking. Argggggg i am starting to get pissed off with these people

---------------------
You didn't answer anything i have asked. Are you just copy-pasting responses or do you actually read my emails and respond through your own words? This is ridiculous. You guys do realize that your drivers are the ones slaving away making you guys all the money right? You realize you guys would be absolutely nothing without your drivers right? I hope so. Since that is the case, i would suggest taking my advice and questions/concerns a little more serious.

I have asked VERY specific questions and given VERY specific suggestions towards creating a better experience for drivers and riders and you guys essentially just ignored everything i said and copy-pasted a generic response that has nothing to do with what i am saying. You guys clearly don't care about your drivers at all, which is sad because we are the ones who run your company. I like Uber and i like driving for Uber, but the help and assistance provided to us is absolute crap.

And why don't we have a phone line we can call in to speak with someone? This is ridiculous. Please respond to my actual questions/concerns/suggestions when i ask them. I don't think that is too much to ask. Since i have started driving here, all i have been told is lie after lie after lie.

>> I was promised a sign on bonus after a certain amount of rides - got NOTHING.
>> I was promised a minimum hourly rate in my city (Boston) - I have seen absolutely nothing about a guaranteed hourly rate since i have started driving.
>> I was promised 80% of the ride fee - I am getting only 75% of the ride fees now.

What the heck is going on? This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous and i am not happy about any of this. When is someone going to step up and actually answer my questions and respond to the suggestions i have given to provide a better service for both riders and drivers.

Last but not least, Uber POOL is absolute crap for drivers and i should absolutely not be getting my acceptance rate knocked down for denying POOL rides. POOL was created to screw drivers and make Uber even MORE money then they are making now. Have you guys seen the uber drivers forums with hundreds of drivers complaining about how badly POOL screws us drivers? Its a joke. We should be able to opt out of POOL. Riders are COMPLETELY taking advantage of the POOL system, knowing full well that 90% of the time they won't get matched with another rider and will get a ride at about 70% of the price they would normally pay with UberX. The problem is, you guys don't care because you actually make MORE money with POOL. "Uber POOL - Drivers make less and Uber makes more." Nice slogan for POOL rides for you guys.

And where can i actually check how many rides i have given during the peak hours this week? I am trying to get 100 rides during peak hours this week for the $550 bonus. The text message i received said i was already accepted into this promotion. Is this even true? Knowing how Uber management works, i will get my 100 rides, and then will be told that i wasn't opted into the promotion. It seems that everything you guys do is to screw us drivers, when you should be doing everything you can to make us happy considering Uber is nothing without happy drivers. Also, where can i check my acceptance rate for this promotion? We are told we have to keep it above 80% to qualify, yet those numbers are NOWHERE to be seen. You want to know what this makes me think? That you guys purposely hide these acceptance rate numbers so that you can fudge them later on when you are looking to see if we have qualified for the promotion.

This would be alot easier if we had a phone number to call and talk to someone when we have an issue/complaint/suggestion/question. Uber is a huge company and i think it is time you guys start providing us drivers with a little more respect.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you actually touched upon my questions and concerns rather than copy-pasting some generic answer in hopes that it may answer what i have actually asked.

Thank you

Kevin Ng

Uber bonus have lot of requirements, one is the 80% acceptance rate and cancellation rate WITHIN THOSE BLOCK OF HOURS.

For example: if you get PING 100 MIX rides per week so you can technically ignore 20 MIX rides and still meet the 80%, pool calls still count so is really sucks, Uber knows drivers hate and ignore pool calls, that's why they put that as requirement.

I only take POOL calls if they are SURGE at like 1.5x and higher, hope this can help you

romik12

Last week i had guarantes hours thu-sun, i did work 3 hours of it at night, last monday nothing in pay stub about it
I send email asking, sorry, i send 5 emails asking about it and all i get was Sorry, looks lovely ie you didnt meet the requirements, f$&-&: what requirements???
Emailing back and forth with that useless support i got an email about my acceptance rate was 79%)))
And i do exept 100% of that rides
So dont ever think that you will get some kind of bonus, it is only chances, you van get or can not, and nothing you can do about it))
Posting a reply from support , about some "new" requirment)))

Attachments

Djc

Last week i had guarantes hours thu-sun, i did work 3 hours of it at night, last monday nothing in pay stub about it
I send email asking, sorry, i send 5 emails asking about it and all i get was Sorry, looks lovely ie you didnt meet the requirements, f$&-&: what requirements???
Emailing back and forth with that useless support i got an email about my acceptance rate was 79%)))
So dont ever think that you will get some kind of bonus, it is only chances, you van get or can not, and nothing you can do about it))
Do u guys read the requirements for these incentives? It clearly says how these incentives work in the help section about guarantees and incentive requirements with examples. The gurantee invite also clearly says requirements for hourly guarantees -
1 trip per hour
Majority (50% or more) of trips acceptrd in eligible area (and provides a link to the map)
80% acceptance rate during guarantee period
At least one hour online during the period.

Based on the screenshot you failed at least 2 of those.

Kevin Ng

you will need complete 1 ride per clock hour so if you are online for 3 hours and 10 minutes then i will think you need to do 4 rides to qualify

tohunt4me

I ask questions and give suggestions in emails and get stupid generic responses back and they don't actually answer anything i ask/say.

I just wrote this email because i am beyond frustrated with everything they have promised before i started driving and i have basically not gotten anything in return

I have been emailing back and forth for a while now and the people just keep giving me generic responses that have nothing to do with what I'm asking. Argggggg i am starting to get pissed off with these people

---------------------
You didn't answer anything i have asked. Are you just copy-pasting responses or do you actually read my emails and respond through your own words? This is ridiculous. You guys do realize that your drivers are the ones slaving away making you guys all the money right? You realize you guys would be absolutely nothing without your drivers right? I hope so. Since that is the case, i would suggest taking my advice and questions/concerns a little more serious.

I have asked VERY specific questions and given VERY specific suggestions towards creating a better experience for drivers and riders and you guys essentially just ignored everything i said and copy-pasted a generic response that has nothing to do with what i am saying. You guys clearly don't care about your drivers at all, which is sad because we are the ones who run your company. I like Uber and i like driving for Uber, but the help and assistance provided to us is absolute crap.

And why don't we have a phone line we can call in to speak with someone? This is ridiculous. Please respond to my actual questions/concerns/suggestions when i ask them. I don't think that is too much to ask. Since i have started driving here, all i have been told is lie after lie after lie.

>> I was promised a sign on bonus after a certain amount of rides - got NOTHING.
>> I was promised a minimum hourly rate in my city (Boston) - I have seen absolutely nothing about a guaranteed hourly rate since i have started driving.
>> I was promised 80% of the ride fee - I am getting only 75% of the ride fees now.

What the heck is going on? This is starting to get absolutely ridiculous and i am not happy about any of this. When is someone going to step up and actually answer my questions and respond to the suggestions i have given to provide a better service for both riders and drivers.

Last but not least, Uber POOL is absolute crap for drivers and i should absolutely not be getting my acceptance rate knocked down for denying POOL rides. POOL was created to screw drivers and make Uber even MORE money then they are making now. Have you guys seen the uber drivers forums with hundreds of drivers complaining about how badly POOL screws us drivers? Its a joke. We should be able to opt out of POOL. Riders are COMPLETELY taking advantage of the POOL system, knowing full well that 90% of the time they won't get matched with another rider and will get a ride at about 70% of the price they would normally pay with UberX. The problem is, you guys don't care because you actually make MORE money with POOL. "Uber POOL - Drivers make less and Uber makes more." Nice slogan for POOL rides for you guys.

And where can i actually check how many rides i have given during the peak hours this week? I am trying to get 100 rides during peak hours this week for the $550 bonus. The text message i received said i was already accepted into this promotion. Is this even true? Knowing how Uber management works, i will get my 100 rides, and then will be told that i wasn't opted into the promotion. It seems that everything you guys do is to screw us drivers, when you should be doing everything you can to make us happy considering Uber is nothing without happy drivers. Also, where can i check my acceptance rate for this promotion? We are told we have to keep it above 80% to qualify, yet those numbers are NOWHERE to be seen. You want to know what this makes me think? That you guys purposely hide these acceptance rate numbers so that you can fudge them later on when you are looking to see if we have qualified for the promotion.

This would be alot easier if we had a phone number to call and talk to someone when we have an issue/complaint/suggestion/question. Uber is a huge company and i think it is time you guys start providing us drivers with a little more respect.

I would sincerely appreciate it if you actually touched upon my questions and concerns rather than copy-pasting some generic answer in hopes that it may answer what i have actually asked.

Thank you
Uber does not care.
They will wash away complaints and suggestions with a flood of new drivers.

They are running commercials 24/7 on Ion & F.X. networks for NEW DRIVERS NOT NEW RIDERS.

YOU are designed to be replaced.

tohunt4me

ORGANISED ROBBERY

Kevin Ng

100% True, make whatever you can on Uber per ride. In Boston market, we are getting double our July pay for bring in 4 new drivers on board and also $400 referral to me and $400 to the new guy, they are so in need of drivers, so don't feed them with drivers then losing drivers, more surge out there

I bring them nothing ! I rather see more surge price everyday than making the $400, every new driver cut down the surge pricing

CapeCodDriver

On the responsiveness of CSRs...they get treated pretty horribly too and have high turnover because they essetially can only give us scripted responses written by lawyers to cover Uber's ass. They don't actually work for Uber, but rather, a contractor. There were some pretty enlightening posts by a burnt-out CSR on here about a year ago, but I can't remember their name. Anyway, my point is, they're probably feeling shitty about giving you the runaround, but they want to keep their job.

On the guarantees...all drivers would be better if we all just said "screw it, I'm not taking any guarantees." It's more headaches than it's worth, and if Uber couldn't get enough drivers out, then they'd be forced to actually raise our rates. *GASP!*

Bostonken

Drivers are force behind uber growth but as Soon as one driver leave ten others are already signed up to replace him. There is no wining for drivers. Only uber and pax profit from uber X service. As long as drivers transport pax for $2 pool ride there is never going to be any gain or relief for drivers. Life is sucks for no have and the drivers are no have. there was report today that uber X pool in New York and Boston is cheaper than subway. Pax go 3 or 4 mile for $3. How can you beat this price ? But of course at expense of drivers

Last edited:

Nate b

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i have actually been accepting pool rides and they arent seeming to be as bad as people are saying. they even seem to be relatively close to an uberx ride. i wouldnt be accepting the if they didnt seem very close.

anyways, i emailed asking for my # of rides and acceptance rate for this weeks promotion and they answer me and say that my lifetime acceptance rate is 75% and say nothing about the number of rides i have given this week during the prime hours.

i swear these people who answer emails are freaking borderline clueless. they are ZERO help whatsoever. its unreal.

jack badly

Drivers are force behind uber growth but as Soon as one driver leave ten others are already signed up to replace him. There is no wining for drivers. Only uber and pax profit from uber X service. As long as drivers transport pax for $2 pool ride there is never going to be any gain or relief for drivers. Life is sucks for no have and the drivers are no have. there was report today that uber X pool in New York and Boston is cheaper than subway. Pax go 3 or 4 mile for $3. How can you beat this price ? But of course at expense of drivers
When I am planning to travel aboard, I will just do that-take advantage of the low cost rides.. maybe it or not, i will be paying .30 cents per km in another countries.