• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else declared a "no-go zone" for Richmond?

Johnny Mnemonic

After picking up several ratchet hood-rats and taking Uber Poo rides (before I knew better), Richmond is now a no-go zone as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else doing the same?

If you get a drop there, do you just dead mile it out and cut your losses, or do you have some other form of damage control?

Initial D

I've had some trips from Oakland Airport & other places heading to Richmond before. Whenever I reach the pax destination (Richmond), I get UberFool and ShartLyft rides forced into the queue. I remember reading a recent news article online about a rideshare ant getting robbed in Richmond.

I usually deadmile to parts of Richmond closer to El Cerrito/Albany such as the El Cerrito Shopping Plaza to the Barnes and Noble & Daiso for water/snack break, San Pablo Ave closer to Berkeley to wait for rides. I prefer to stay around the East Bay such as El Cerrito, Berkeley, Alameda, Oakland, down to Union City (my home) and nowhere further.

Johnny Mnemonic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've had some trips from Oakland Airport & other places heading to Richmond before. Whenever I reach the pax destination (Richmond), I get UberFool and ShartLyft rides forced into the queue. I remember reading a recent news article online about a rideshare ant getting robbed in Richmond.

I usually deadmile to parts of Richmond closer to El Cerrito/Albany such as the El Cerrito Shopping Plaza to the Barnes and Noble & Daiso for water/snack break, San Pablo Ave closer to Berkeley to wait for rides. I prefer to stay around the East Bay such as El Cerrito, Berkeley, Alameda, Oakland, down to Union City (my home) and nowhere further.
Post automatically merged:

Great tip, thanks for that. I didn't even realize El Cerrito had a Barnes & Noble, which is always a great spot for a break.

Mole

I only drop off in the east bay but I never ever pick up people from the east bay because it pays less and I’m white.

Initial D

But then I've had pax who finished shopping at the El Cerrito Shopping Plaza headed to Richmond (fml) so beware.

Uber_X

After picking up several ratchet hood-rats and taking Uber Poo rides (before I knew better), Richmond is now a no-go zone as far as I'm concerned. Anyone else doing the same?

If you get a drop there, do you just dead mile it out and cut your losses, or do you have some other form of damage control?
I usually when i get a ride there i turned off my app and dead mile back till i arrived to emeryville or berkeley then i put my destination to the city.

Mustafuoco

Hi there , I drove almost 2 years in east bay and sf never had any problems nice people but avoid silver ave in Richmond that’s all .

Johnny Mnemonic

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I will say that the one area of Richmond that is decent enough to work in is Point Richmond. Great place to get lunch as well. Rest of the city is toxic waste.