• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone else contacted about the Uber lawsuit?

Uberdoggy

I was just contacted because I opted out. I doubt I'll see money, but I'm so ready to send them anything they want to squeeze Uber for cheating us drivers.

KingOfDc

I was contacted too and I don't want anything to do with them , I've been involved in class action lawsuits before . The one and only beneficiaries are the lawyers who walk away with one third of the total payout settlement . As a plaintiff , if you're lucky you might get a $5 check in the mail . Enough to buy a slurpy and car freshener I guess .

yankdog

I was contacted too and I don't want anything to do with them , I've been involved in class action lawsuits before . The one and only beneficiaries are the lawyers who walk away with one third of the total payout settlement . As a plaintiff , if you're lucky you might get a $5 check in the mail . Enough to buy a slurpy and car freshener I guess .
I would join nearly any class action law suit against a company that needs a spanking. The lawyers always get paid and we rarely do. But if Uber gets a good judgement against it, it hastens the day the asteroid hits and sends then the way of the dinosaurs.

KingOfDc

I would join nearly any class action law suit against a company that needs a spanking. The lawyers always get paid and we rarely do. But if Uber gets a good judgement against it, it hastens the day the asteroid hits and sends then the way of the dinosaurs.
That's another way to look at it I guess

roadman

I will just take what is owed to me, plus interest, directly from uber's self driving vehicles. I have no problem stealing from someone who has already stolen from me.

Uberfunitis

I will just take what is owed to me, plus interest, directly from uber's self driving vehicles. I have no problem stealing from someone who has already stolen from me.
Wanting to spend more time away I can hear it now. "Your Honor, they stole from me first"

roadman

Wanting to spend more time away I can hear it now. "Your Honor, they stole from me first"
Uber doesn't stand a chance. Get real.

yeah I got a text and email today>
The only question I have is how much can I get out of this
I would think it would depend on exactly how much Uber stole from you for the period of Jan 2016 (when upfront pricing started) until June 2016 (when Uber updated TOS). I would estimate about 10-15% of your gross for that time frame less 1/3 cut for lawyers is my best guess.

When upfront was first introduced they were not stealing 50% of the fare like they do now.

Uberfunitis

Uber doesn't stand a chance. Get real.

I would think it would depend on exactly how much Uber stole from you for the period of Jan 2016 (when upfront pricing started) until June 2016 (when Uber updated TOS). I would estimate about 10-15% of your gross for that time frame less 1/3 cut for lawyers is my best guess.

When upfront was first introduced they were not stealing 50% of the fare like they do now.
Just looked at the fare details today and I grossed 79.44 and Uber all said and done was negative 10.02 for the day and that does not account for quest.

roadman

Just looked at the fare details today and I grossed 79.44 and Uber all said and done was negative 10.02 for the day and that does not account for quest.
feel free to back up your outrageous claims with actual screenshots any time.

I know. You refuse to post screenshots. Gee I wonder why.

This whole thing must just be another frivolous lawsuit against uber and these lawyers are all working for free.

Uberfunitis

You grossed $79.44 today in a rental car?
Don't use a rental any longer..... however even if I had that would not have changed what I grossed though I would have anted longer to make it more worth the fixed price of the vehicle.

feel free to back up your outrageous claims with actual screenshots any time.

I know. You refuse to post screenshots. Gee I wonder why.

This whole thing must just be another frivolous lawsuit against uber and these lawyers are all working for free.
It is a real lawsuit as far as I can tell, but that has nothing to do with Uber hemorrhaging money. I had some trips where Uber received over 100% of what I got paid and others where Uber got hosed with boost and consecutive trip bonus and rider promotions whatever those are.