Anyone else calling 911 when you see drunks on the road?

Suburban LV

Just wondering if anybody else calls 911 when you see the drunks on the road? When I do drive, I tend to drive late or very early morning and see them all the time. On my way home this morning after completing my 5 rides for $50 incentive (Yay! - most rides I've done for Uber in one night in about 6 months!) I came across one tonight in a truck that failed to yield and if I didn't see it coming, would have slammed into me. (It was about 4 in the morning.)

So I stick behind the guy and he's weaving all over the place, even hitting the curb more than once. I do the 911 call and stick behind giving information and directions to the dispatcher -- BAM!! -- Metro Patrol Officer on the scene within minutes and follows him for about 1 minute, sees the same and pulls him over.

Of course you got to do the full circle once or twice to see the perp doing the test and he ends up getting cuffed and stuffed. AWESOME!!

Future Uber / Lyft passenger in the making!

I mean geez... it's so damn cheap to take an Uber or Lyft, why in the hell are people still drinking and driving?

Only wish Metro / NHP gave us incentives for calling these in and getting these drunks off of the road.

I'm sure I'm not the only one that sees plenty of drunk drivers on the road when driving the late hours. Do you just ignore them and go on your way or do you call them in?

elelegido

I've done it - saw a driver pulled over on the freeway sitting in his car, leaning out of the open door puking his guts up. The guy was still sitting there 15 minutes later, and then both he and car were gone a short while later. It was a weekend night, and because of call prioritization this guy got away with it.

I've also had someone do a drunk driver report on me while I was driving on the highway. I had one of these dooshbags behind me; the ones in the jacked up trucks with blinding headlights, who was riding 10 feet behind my bumper. I was in the second lane from the right; he could have overtaken me in either of the lanes to my left, but he did not. So I pulled over sharply to the far right lane and slowed to let him pass. He shadowed the move and tucked right in behind me. So I accelerated, changed lanes etc to get this guy off my ass. A few miles later he's still there and then a cop appears out of nowhere and pulls me over for suspected DUI. Total waste of my time and the cops'.

kojeislandincha

I've done it - saw a driver pulled over on the freeway sitting in his car, leaning out of the open door puking his guts up. The guy was still sitting there 15 minutes later, and then both he and car were gone a short while later. It was a weekend night, and because of call prioritization this guy got away with it.

I've also had someone do a drunk driver report on me while I was driving on the highway. I had one of these dooshbags behind me; the ones in the jacked up trucks with blinding headlights, who was riding 10 feet behind my bumper. I was in the second lane from the right; he could have overtaken me in either of the lanes to my left, but he did not. So I pulled over sharply to the far right lane and slowed to let him pass. He shadowed the move and tucked right in behind me. So I accelerated, changed lanes etc to get this guy off my ass. A few miles later he's still there and then a cop appears out of nowhere and pulls me over for suspected DUI. Total waste of my time and the cops'.
Very good that you posted this. Not everybody is drunk

mrlasvegas

I am just highly impressed that Metro showed up at all. I would buy some lottery tickets if I were the original poster. In my 8 years of investigating commercial vehicle accidents, primarily buses, I have rarely been able to get Metro to respond even when the other party displays every sign of reasonable suspicion. Including plowing into a stationary bus going at least 30 miles an hour in the opposite lane of travel. And discovering open containers in the vehicle during the on scene interview.Always the same response from Metro, "Not considered a priority". Thank goodness Henderson and NLV police are not nearly as bad\useless. I hate to even count how many intoxicated \impaired drivers returned to their vehicles and drove away after the information exchange.

Suburban LV

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Very good that you posted this. Not everybody is drunk
Of course not... but as I stated:

1) The guy almost hit me failing to yield
2) He couldn't stay in his lane (I wouldn't dare try to pass him.)
3) He rolled up and hit the curb more than once before I called it in.

It was more than obvious he was impaired.

Mike Jones

There is definitely an incentive to reporting drunk folks to 911. The incentive is saving my life, my child's life, my wife's life, my whole friends and family's life. I say that's a bigger incentive than any kickbacks :smiles: