Anyone drive for Lyft?

yef2017

Quick question. How would you compare the ping rate compared to uber. I live in the Gaithersburg area. Lyft is pretty much dead up here.

New2This

Quick question. How would you compare the ping rate compared to uber. I live in the Gaithersburg area. Lyft is pretty much dead up here.

Generally if I turn on Uber I will get a ping in a relatively short time.

Lyft... well put it this way: there have been multiple times where I will be somewhere (say FedEx) and will turn on both apps. Usually within a minute I get a ping to my liking on uber. I roll to the rider and start trip. I'll forget I have Lyft on. Maybe 5-10 minutes after I get the Uber rider and start that trip I get startled by Lyft going off, usually with a base rate Line. I let it expire and close Lyft.

Don't get me started on Lyft DF...

Screenshot_20170911-154751.png

Jo3030

There are certain spots where Lyft has been gaining ground.
Think of wherever people are ticked off at Uber's shenanigans and that's where Lyft has been rakin'
Anyways, in the suburbs, I have seen Lyft increase calls about 100% since last year.
In MY particular neck of the woods, the Lyft pings outnumber the Uber pings about 3 to 1.

yef2017

Generally if I turn on Uber I will get a ping in a relatively short time.

Lyft... well put it this way: there have been multiple times where I will be somewhere (say FedEx) and will turn on both apps. Usually within a minute I get a ping to my liking on uber. I roll to the rider and start trip. I'll forget I have Lyft on. Maybe 5-10 minutes after I get the Uber rider and start that trip I get startled by Lyft going off, usually with a base rate Line. I let it expire and close Lyft.

Don't get me started on Lyft DF...

View attachment 157147

Same here I forgot to turn Lyft off Saturday. I was 10 minutes into a pool. Forgot I had Lyft on with a destination to Reagan. Got a Lyft line ping. Oh well

Last edited:

DCNewbie17

I'm still waiting for a generous recruitment offer for signing up with them. No, I won't join your team for $ 300 for 225 rides in 45 days.

Make it $500 for 50 rides in 30 days and I'll be your happy ant for the next 4 weeks.

I prefer Lyft as a rider but this is exactly why I haven't been in a rush to apply. I was sent one for $1000 to complete 490 trips in 60 days. And I bet it's really a guarantee and not an actual bonus. Uber got me that way.

New2This

I prefer Lyft as a rider but this is exactly why I haven't been in a rush to apply. I was sent one for $1000 to complete 490 trips in 60 days. And I bet it's really a guarantee and not an actual bonus. Uber got me that way.

It actually is a bonus, similar to Quest. It works out to a few dollars per ride. It's said in the fine print (as I recall) $2.18 per ride up to 460 rides/$1000 in 60 days.

I laughed since I haven't done 460 rides in a year and a half.

Bluecrab

It actually is a bonus, similar to Quest. It works out to a few dollars per ride. It's said in the fine print (as I recall) $2.18 per ride up to 460 rides/$1000 in 60 days.

I laughed since I haven't done 460 rides in a year and a half.

That's actually not too bad. Annapolis is mostly short trips. When I signed on w/uber the person who referred me got $300 ($100 back to me) and I got $300 plus $6 a ride minimum. It's pretty easy to do 4 rides an hour around here, so that $6 min was nice.

If Lyft is offering a $2.18 bonus for each ride over the next 60 days I'd be tempted. There would have to be no minimum ride level and no AR requirement.

If anyone has a Lyft offer worth considering, send me a PM.

loulou18

Lyft isn't bad, I do only Lyft. Is true that I get a lot of Lyft L. However, I feel like Lyft pays better than Uber. The busiest areas with Lyft are as follow: Arlington, DC downtown, Georgetown, Crystal C, and Old Town.I live in Springfield and when I turn on my app, I only get short rides. I'm just so f tired of a Lyft L because people f abuse it. One piece of advice never do Lyft in SE DC after you cross the bridge, @@@@ed up area.

tee hee

Too dangerous to drive there. My safety comes before the money.

Horrible place, you must be either an idiot or a suicidal person to drive there for a living.

if i get shot driving for lyft in SE, at least I have the satisfaction of knowing I was able to help a few riders around. If they shoot, i tell them they don't have the guts to shoot.

roadman

i drive anywhere. everyone needs rides. haven't had any problems in any particular areas but then again I give off a pretty chill vibe. For me it becomes annoying when I stay out too late in any area, drunks are so annoying especially because I haven't been drinking.