Anyone drive for FARE?

Good or Bad?

• Good

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

KendoUBER

I don't drive for them yet, still waiting for the approval process (has been a while). I have heard really good things from a friend in Texas and they look good thus far.

SEAL Team 5

Anyone out there drive for that new company called FARE? Just curious what you all think?
I don't drive for them, but I can tell you what I think. About 6 months ago they started recruiting heavily from the UP Forum. They started operations around April. Within a month they dropped their prices almost 20%. It was a slow start, but like any new business that was to be expected. Then in mid May it seemed liked Fare just vanished. Fare drivers were still posting here about no pings, very poor support, wrong paid amounts and never getting a response. Come to find out that the entire Fare team packed up to go chase what Uber/Lyft left behind in Austin. Go back a couple months and read some of the Fare drivers posts. So in my opinion, just another company putting making money before caring about drivers. Time will tell. By the end of the year there's going to be another 20 TNCs all cutting pennies to get the customer. It's a race to the bottom. Every TNC will be the same, just a different name.

I probably shouldn't post this because we're all basically in competition with each other, but I've been with Fare for the last month and I must admit I'm getting spoiled. The trips are few and far between but well worth it (avg about 2/3 trips a day). You wouldn't believe the difference $.25 per minute can make on a ride. If you ever wanted to know what it was like before Uber cut its prices drive a few trips for Fare.
Quick example of the $ diff:
20 mile trip with Uber your cut is about $17 that same trip with Fare your cut is about $25. Plus they also have the tip option.
Believe me it's worth it!!

Let me know if anyone needs signup code

SEAL Team 5

If you ever wanted to know what it was like before Uber cut its prices drive a few trips for Fare.
Quick example of the $ diff:
20 mile trip with Uber your cut is about $17 that same trip with Fare your cut is about $25.
Actually before Uber X's first rate cut in April of '14 (from $2.25 to $1.35) that 20 mile ride would of been around $48. And do you really think that many people are going to pay 50% more for a Fare ride when they've been paying Uber a much lower rate for over 2 years now. You'll get your 1 or 2 rides here and there, but when people figure out its the same exact driver and vehicle then that's all you'll get is those 1 or 2 rides. Look at it this way. The QT across the street sells gas at $2.00 a gallon and the QT down the street sells gas for $3.00 a gallon, which QT are you buying your gas from? That's what a 50% difference in price is.

Actually before Uber X's first rate cut in April of '14 (from $2.25 to $1.35) that 20 mile ride would of been around $48. And do you really think that many people are going to pay 50% more for a Fare ride when they've been paying Uber a much lower rate for over 2 years now. You'll get your 1 or 2 rides here and there, but when people figure out its the same exact driver and vehicle then that's all you'll get is those 1 or 2 rides. Look at it this way. The QT across the street sells gas at $2.00 a gallon and the QT down the street sells gas for $3.00 a gallon, which QT are you buying your gas from? That's what a 50% difference in price is.
You're overthinking this… Bottom line is you can make more (right now) with fare then you can make with uber.

SEAL Team 5

You're overthinking this… Bottom line is you can make more (right now) with fare then you can make with uber.
You're under thinking this.... You can make more PER RIDE with Fare right now. The key phrase being "per ride". People will not switch to pay 50% more. From your original post I can tell you've only been in this game for about a year. Watch what happens in 6 months. People will never pay more unless they have too.

You're under thinking this.... You can make more PER RIDE with Fare right now. The key phrase being "per ride". People will not switch to pay 50% more. From your original post I can tell you've only been in this game for about a year. Watch what happens in 6 months. People will never pay more unless they have too.
So you're saying don't try to make more per ride right now because in the long run prices will come down...got it!

Kimster112

You also make 10% of miles and minutes for every ride a driver or rider you sign up do with Fare for life. So even if you're not driving you can still make money. Also, riders can have a preferred drivers list. If they reserve a ride in advance, up to 30 min and 7 days, those requests go to the rider's preferred drivers first. I believe if they make an on demand it goes to the closest driver. You can go to their office if you have any questions and talk to them in person. They also have a couple of threads on here. They are pushing for drivers right now, and plan on doing a big marketing push for riders in August.

KendoUBER

I see alot of negativity throughout this forum (about 99%). I have been doing it for a fairly short time and am really enjoying most (75%) of it. I wish I would have got into this line of work much earlier in my life. Is there any money to be made working for Discount/Yellow Taxi currently I wonder.

SEAL Team 5

So you're saying don't try to make more per ride right now because in the long run prices will come down...got it!
I'm not saying that at all. If you read my post again you'll see I'm saying that PEOPLE WON'T PAY THAT MUCH MORE FOR THE SAME SERVICE. I hope to God I'm wrong, but the history of Uber does not allow higher rates. And there's a post below about getting 10%. Maybe the first couple dozen or so Fare signups will get their $50-$100 a week commission, but you have to convince people to spend 50% more for the same service. I would love higher rates. I wish TNC was $3.00 a mile. Good luck.

NothingLeftToLose

I'm not saying that at all. If you read my post again you'll see I'm saying that PEOPLE WON'T PAY THAT MUCH MORE FOR THE SAME SERVICE. I hope to God I'm wrong, but the history of Uber does not allow higher rates. And there's a post below about getting 10%. Maybe the first couple dozen or so Fare signups will get their $50-$100 a week commission, but you have to convince people to spend 50% more for the same service. I would love higher rates. I wish TNC was $3.00 a mile. Good luck.
Yeah, I have to ask in all seriousness - why would a passenger pay more for a ride when it's just the same guy who does Uber and Lyft? Is there some added value for the passenger?

SEAL Team 5

I have been doing it for a fairly short time and am really enjoying most (75%) of it. I wish I would have got into this line of work much earlier in my life.
If your wish came true then you would be long gone from TNC. Do you know that you would be getting 250% more revenue now with the original Uber X rates. But because your only one of hundreds of thousands of Uber die hards you will never profit more than minimum wage

NothingLeftToLose

No surge
Scheduled rides
Can use the same driver
Thanks, JD. The no surge could be a big factor. I wonder if drivers will stay logged into Fare during surges? The scheduled rides are actually a turn off for me. But I can see the attraction if you've got a regular who goes a good distance every week.

Teksaz

The scheduled rides are actually a turn off for me. But I can see the attraction if you've got a regular who goes a good distance every week.
I kinda feel the same way about scheduled rides. It causes to much grief unless you have enough of them to plan your day around.

I had a pax that asked me to take her to work every morning so we swapped #'s. I needed to pick her up at 8:00am so I would text her when I arrived and log on. She would then ping me while in my car. It was cool at first and it was a 17 mile trip and it was before the last three or four rate cuts so the fare was definitely worth it but after awhile she started texting saying she's not going in or she was going to the doctor blah blah blah so I just ended it. Just to much BS trying to plan around a few scheduled rides unless the monies right.

AllenChicago

Naturally, the vast majority of current FARE passengers are relatively new subscribers. Are they using some sort of "Free Ride Credits"? I'm trying to get my head around why a consumer would pay quite a bit more money, for the same quality of ride they'd get from Uber or Lyft. My best conclusion is that they're in the process of using up "New To Fare" passenger ride credits.