1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone do lyft instead of Uber?

Discussion in 'Lyft' started by DRider85, Jan 8, 2017.

1. DRider85

DRider85 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    if anyone does just lyft I'm wondering why.

luvgurl22 and JTR like this.
  2. JTR

JTR Active Member

Why uber? Im wondering why... try for little and see why keep driving for uber instead lyft:)

3. luvgurl22

luvgurl22 Well-Known Member

I make A lot and have very little drama with pax

lyftuberandhopefullyjuno and JTR like this.
  4. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Uber is my background for XL-only on the truck and Select-only on the bimmer

5. NC252

NC252 Active Member

I do both, it's surprising how lyft is a better company, with better people using it...but Uber just have more volume..... I tried lyft full-time, and couldn't get pass $70 a day, with Uber it alway $150-200+....

6. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Huh

Last 7 hours, Lyft $107 uber $26

7. lyftuberandhopefullyjuno

lyftuberandhopefullyjuno Well-Known Member

I favor lyft in my market

Less commission and fees
    Less drama from pax
    Better culture and support
    More money per ride
    Get paid bonuses, when offered and completed
    Better driver app(google navigation)
    Power driver bonus(lowers commission)
    No $3.00 fares

Just to name some of my reason

I still use Uber to fill the gaps,when lyft is slow

Maksim likes this.
  8. unPat

unPat Well-Known Member

I drive both lyft and uber. I do uber mostly because uber is more busier and I get occasional uber select rides. But lyft passengers are horrible in my area.

9. kcdrvr15

kcdrvr15 Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    I did uber over 18 months, only do lyft now. earnings are less than half, but not as much grief dealing with fubar support. Plus I average 20% tips, which cover lyfts commission.

JTR likes this.
  10. JoeyA

JoeyA Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    So you would say it's a different caliber of riders? I imagine if they tip, they are automatically a different caliber, but would you say Lyft attracts different ridership? When I first started Uber, I wasn't getting the best riders. Then I shifted areas and I often love the riders I get. Different intelligence levels, etc. Totally different characters, that I could be broke and wouldn't go back to where I was when I started, and i'm not talking Newark. Don't get me wrong, never horrible or disrespectful riders, but just different level, that I could relate to well. Is that what you would say Lyft brings you?

luvgurl22 and JTR like this.
  11. luvgurl22

luvgurl22 Well-Known Member

They are just more respectful and not stuck up.I tried really hard to be accommodating in both scenarios but Uber passengers are near impossible to please.I am much happier with Lyft sanity wise as well as financially

LEAFdriver and JTR like this.
  12. ND379

ND379 Well-Known Member

In my market Lyft is pretty busy. I'm able to get 20% back with the PDB bonus and the passengers are a much higher quality.

JTR likes this.
  13. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

My market I make a murdering with Lyft
    I discovered I was just working for my gas with Uber, but with Lyft I get bonus and frequent heavy surges so I stay well fed. I even have a backup plan for another car if this one goes down.

JTR likes this.
  14. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    It's actually +28% (or +25% for the 20%-commissioners)

Ozzyoz likes this.
  15. Ozzyoz

Ozzyoz Well-Known Member

I had a low quality Lyft passenger the other day. She light up a smoke in my car as she was exiting. She wanted to smoke badly because she thinks smoking in a moving platform makes her cool like JOE CAMEL.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
    Danny3xd likes this.
  16. Danny3xd

Danny3xd Well-Known Member

LoL, OzzMan.

I have been wondering about this. I am beginning, or considering that my preconceived thoughts, Better people, platform are affecting the outcomes. Like I assume this passenger is going to be more fun, pleasant or what ever due to which app they used to get me to give them a ride.

Don't think I have enough time to really have an educated opinion but is shaping up that way for me, me thinks.

Ozzyoz likes this.
  17. Sgt_PaxHauler

Sgt_PaxHauler Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Rider demographics for Uber & Lyft in the Austin 'burbs, purely anecdotal:
    Uber - 60% male, 20s to late 40s, melting pot of ethnic groups.
    Lyft - 60% female, 20s to 40s, occasional older guys, primarily white & Hispanic. (This made me wonder if the news articles on creepy male Uber drivers pushed female pax to other TNCs.)
    Lyft passengers tend to be somewhat more talkative, and are definitely more inclined to sit up front. I don't get truly *bad* pax on any of the TNCs I'm on like some of the horror stories on here, but I am never online after 9:30pm either.

The good about Lyft:
    -In app tips, option to add commentary on rider ratings.
    -Operates well in background when running multiple TNC apps (an absolute necessity in Austin,TX)
    -Generally friendlier passenger population.
    -You can click manually to arrive instead of having it triggered by proximity. This can sometimes make things easier when trying to find the pax in an apartment complex.

The bad:
    -Express Pay is far pickier on which debit cards it will accept than Uber's Instant Pay. (In fact, none of my cards work on it. :( )
    -Interface feels clunkier than Uber's.
    -Fewer pings, frequently further out.
    -Rider cancellations are far higher than on Uber.

I can't comment on PDB or the other promotions as Lyft simply isn't busy enough for me to unlock the bonuses + promotions. If I'm working in the 'burbs, Lyft is a good secondary TNC to run with Uber in the foreground. If I got simultaneous pings from pax with ratings over 4.7 that were, say, 8 minutes away, I'd take the Lyft ping and let the Uber one time out. The fares would end up about the same, but the Lyft pax generally is going to be a more pleasant person to have in my car for the same fare.

Danny3xd likes this.
  18. BurgandyUberVan

BurgandyUberVan Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    I only do lyft because I have a minivan and the difference in commission is LYFT 20% and UBER 28%. That 8% is hugh! Plus in the LA market I avg $800 after gas working 25-30 per week.

19. Adieu

Adieu Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Huh? Lyft Plus has same commission structure as fuber

20. BurgandyUberVan

BurgandyUberVan Member

Driving:
    Lyft
    Nope! When I started with Lyft and Uber, Lyft was 20% and Uber was 28% still is today.