Inshur

anyone convicted!!!

exec123

Hi,

Anyone got any experience of caught by Police of entering wrong side on one way street.

What will court give the decision? penalty point, fine or do some 1 or 2 day course.

What this will cause the effects on the Driving licence and PCO.

Can anyone share his experience.

Thanks in advance.

voodooman

you minicab drivers .......how many more of you are going to drive the wrong way down one way streets?

I dont blame you I blame TFL for handing out these licenses.

exec123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I blame uber and the people like voodooman who think they will not commit any mistake and on top no 1 taxi man!!!!!oops no professional driver......

eric_london

Its normally no points only £65 fine if paid within 14 days but if camera snaps you I am not sure about the police. They could the give u fine on the spot but if they refer you to court then they have just been @@@@s like some of the black cabbiesss

johndoe2015

Unlucky for being nicked, the old bill who got you must be getting fed up (or on the K), as I'm guessing it's more hassle to nick you than warn you. On the plus side, and I don't mean to sound patronising, but it's a very dangerous thing to do and hopefully you'll be more alert for the big red signs whilst you work!

KenXL

you minicab drivers .......how many more of you are going to drive the wrong way down one way streets?

I've seen quite a few cabs go the wrong way on one way streets. What makes that worse is that you probably know you're doing it.

Also why do you always do a u-turn without any indication?

London UberExec Driver

Only the police can issue points, the council with their CCTV evidence can't (though I expect, they could pass it on to the police).

If you get caught (if by accident, and you genuinely didn't know), may be worth going onto pepipoo.com and seek advice in there. Sometimes, if the signs just spring up, there could be a traffic management order outstanding or the signs don't comform to regulations.

As an example, there is a no right turn from Piccadilly into Stratton Street, which I'm sure is non enforceable. There is only one no right turn sign on a lamppost on the left, which is usually obscured by a bus/tourist bus usually parked up opposite Green Park station. There is no way you can see the sign.

pingpongman

A few years ago I was in swiss cottage on my way to a pick up in kensal green, I decided to go down hill grove Rd and then did a dogleg right into fair hazel gdns and then left into lyncroft gdns which was nice and clear and then this police transit van coming towards me at speed!, I stopped and they drove right up to my nose I sat there in disbelief, it's an impasse , the knobheads finally realised and backed up some 30 yards to let me thru, I didn't get far when a second car came towards me, this time I backed up for the old lady, as she went passed she said thank you and commented about how narrow these ONE Way streets are!!!!!! oops, I told her I was only driving wrong way up just to park the car, by now I reversed the car fully into someone's drive plotting my next move, you see by now the police van would've made it to the top with fairhazel guns and realize it's one way and come after me by doing a loop, so I turned the car around and went back behind the police van, just in case, and then legged it from the area at warp speed

D1991

they wont pass it on to the police if the police catches you most likely its dangerous driving

pingpongman

The police were there themselves, but they reversed back up to let me carry on driving wrong way up a one way street! I can only think that they, like me, were unaware that it was a one way street

Ubend R.S.

The police were there themselves, but they reversed back up to let me carry on driving wrong way up a one way street! I can only think that they, like me, were unaware that it was a one way street
when you see someone coming at you the wrong way it can make you question it especially on a road you don't use every week. police aren't interested with driving misdemeanors anymore. i've seen the police turn a minicab back around on baker st and the slip at station ap rd/leake st. both times they drove off afterwards. when i was a kid it would have been a thorough going over and a producer.

exec123

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
thanks guys for helpful comments.

It was Kingston towncentre. There is a private taxi car stand. when I exit there are no signs in front and on the road. Only the lamp post on the right which I didn't see and my brain was working with the rider to pick. After turning wrong way after few yards police stopped me and after everything checked told me they will not issue any tickets anymore and I have to go to court. Its the court has to decide either give points, fine or some sort of course. I have a clean driving licence since 8 years driving when I got the licence. This is first time happened and worried about the licence and the PCO!!!!

Thanks

Burrels

You sad prick, black cab drivers always on the phone texting.

I dont think they can do points probably fine.

Be careful next time as people like voodooman are watching you.

uberak

Of course it's three points if u enter one way Street on wrong side... that's if the police catch u but u only pay fine if it's a camera