Inshur

Anyone can work in London

Dubs666

I heard that any driver registered to Uber, can work in London. Well the Uber app lets them work there.

Can anyone confirm?
Best way to confirm is if u have any relative or know a driver in London, get them to install driver app and then log in with ur details, if they can log in then yes u can get job

Last edited:

Phil4369

I heard that any driver registered to Uber, can work in London. Well the Uber app lets them work there.

Can anyone confirm?
From what I understand, uber London ONLY give jobs out to TFL licensed drivers and cars within the TFL licensing area. its covered by the Private Hire (London) Act 1998.

However outside of London, and the London PH legislation, it seems to be a free for all with drivers getting cars licensed in one area to work another as the neighboring area has cheaper / less stringent conditions.

This has been in the news recently with some area's refusing uber an ph operators license, so uber just tell local drivers to get a TFL license and a TFL licensed car, and because they dispatch the work from within the TFL licensed area to anywhere in the UK, its all above board and legit.

Quite how TFL plan to enforce their conditions on TFL drivers working in say Bristol, is anyone's guess.

The whole set up seems to need reeling in and legislation introduced to allow national enforcement by all the local licensing depts.

Xvandriver.nowuberX

Well I've been to Birmingham, Leeds, Bournemouth and malta, could not log on from those locations but managed to get logged on in Portsmouth but not worth waiting around for a job there.

Attachments

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My Uber works in Leeds, Leicester, Birmingham, Coventry.

I will check this weekend if it works in London.

I think I will be using uber as a pax in London last weekend.

Last time I used uber, a 15 plate viano turned up to take us. It was a very posh Viano.
Black cabs are quite expensive in London, I guess the same journey would have cost me triple.
Euston Ibis to Macclesfield street W1D.
Cost us £5 on pool! A bargain during rush hour.

babasanfur

Last time I used uber, a 15 plate viano turned up to take us. It was a very posh Viano.
Black cabs are quite expensive in London, I guess the same journey would have cost me triple.
I wish you a very nice stay in London sir
You you have accidentally planted a mine bomb in this thread I suggest you keep watching this thread as very soon the bc's will arrive and crap on all the walls of this post

BTW if you need and transfers in or out of London inbox me

Mr. Mister

I wish you a very nice stay in London sir
You you have accidentally planted a mine bomb in this thread I suggest you keep watching this thread as very soon the bc's will arrive and crap on all the walls of this post

BTW if you need and transfers in or out of London inbox me
Begging for work on here pmsl

Addleeme

Not a bargain for the driver who after commission is left with £3.75 b4 fuel and other expenses.Obviously you gave your comrade a good tip.

real taxi bod

Makes you wonder how they clear £1300 a week on those rates, but they do.