• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anyone been driving the Sidecar guarantees?

Ichie

Sidecar has been offering a lot of guarantees lately in the Chicago area. Around here it is realtively easy to get the required one ride an hour since it has a decent crop of riders. Also most of the guarantees are $30 hour (especially the weekend ones).

Anyone here been taking advantage of them?

I'm about to pick them up here in Boston. Guarantees may be worth it, since there are enough Pax here to probably get at least one ride an hour, but not so much that I'll have to work hard.

Sweet Ping

I did only 1 sidecar ride this year, but for $30 per hour, i would give them a try.
Still, 1 trip per hour is too optimistic with sidecar

Last edited:

joy4ron

Is sidecar still offering guarantees in Chicago? And if so, is the demand high enough on the weekends to actually make the requirements?

Chicago-uber

Is sidecar still offering guarantees in Chicago? And if so, is the demand high enough on the weekends to actually make the requirements?
Yes, they still offer guarantees .. $18-20 and then deduct 20%. You're better off working 2-3 platforms. You'll make more $$

I split my time between uber and sidecar. And I do ok. Lyft is garbage in my opinion. Not knowing the prime time rate beforehand kills it for me.

joy4ron

Yes, they still offer guarantees .. $18-20 and then deduct 20%. You're better off working 2-3 platforms. You'll make more $$

I split my time between uber and sidecar. And I do ok. Lyft is garbage in my opinion. Not knowing the prime time rate beforehand kills it for me.
Ichie's post said $30/hr... That had me interested, but I agree with you, it seems that working multiple platforms would be very helpful on slower nights...

Nick Starr

I've done Sidecar hybrid delivery / rideshare the past 3 weeks now and they have shifts 11:30 - 2:30; noon - 2; 5:30-10:30pm; 6:30-9:30pm. The early shifts started off at $25 and are now $20/hour. The late shits started at $25-30/hour and are now $25.

Every Friday they add to your account the guarantees. Here in Seattle they partner with Eat24 and you do food runs and passenger pickups, but the amount of people who use Eat24 and Sidecar is so small that most shifts I only have 2 food deliveries and zero to 1 person pickup... I just sit at home and watch tv the rest of the time. The first week I worked 25 hours and made $687.6. I only had 1 rideshare and 18 deliveries in total. They paid out $499 in guarantees on top of the amount I made.

I'm personally riding this wave as long as they continue to offer the guarantees... easiest thing I've done since starting this type of work... and I'm putting VERY little miles on my car ....

Chicago-uber

I've done Sidecar hybrid delivery / rideshare the past 3 weeks now and they have shifts 11:30 - 2:30; noon - 2; 5:30-10:30pm; 6:30-9:30pm. The early shifts started off at $25 and are now $20/hour. The late shits started at $25-30/hour and are now $25.

Every Friday they add to your account the guarantees. Here in Seattle they partner with Eat24 and you do food runs and passenger pickups, but the amount of people who use Eat24 and Sidecar is so small that most shifts I only have 2 food deliveries and zero to 1 person pickup... I just sit at home and watch tv the rest of the time. The first week I worked 25 hours and made $687.6. I only had 1 rideshare and 18 deliveries in total. They paid out $499 in guarantees on top of the amount I made.

I'm personally riding this wave as long as they continue to offer the guarantees... easiest thing I've done since starting this type of work... and I'm putting VERY little miles on my car ....
Quick question regarding deliveries..

It's not yet available in Chicago, but do you have to front the cost of the food, or is it already paid for? Also do you get tipped on food deliveries?

Nick Starr

Quick question regarding deliveries..

It's not yet available in Chicago, but do you have to front the cost of the food, or is it already paid for? Also do you get tipped on food deliveries?
The food is already paid for. Walk in, grab the food and go... Very quick and easy. If the person tips in the Eat24 app you don't get the tip...if they tip cash you can keep that, but they rarely tip cash b/c they can do it in the app at the time they place the order.

There has not been a single hour where I've made even close to $20/hour with deliveries and rides... I've gotten paid the guaranteed money every one of the 80+ hours I've been doing this over the past 4 weeks.

Treetrunk

The food is already paid for. Walk in, grab the food and go... Very quick and easy. If the person tips in the Eat24 app you don't get the tip...if they tip cash you can keep that, but they rarely tip cash b/c they can do it in the app at the time they place the order.

There has not been a single hour where I've made even close to $20/hour with deliveries and rides... I've gotten paid the guaranteed money every one of the 80+ hours I've been doing this over the past 4 weeks.
I signed up but haven't been able to get any hours.
Dof you use the apps when I work and Jive? If you do use Jive what is url it ask for at login?

Nick Starr

Just got an email from Sidecar with some updates on Deliveries. Here in Seattle they are only using Eat24 right now it seems. I've driven the deliveries since they started here and have NEVER once hit enough business to hit my hourly guarantee. I've only had 9 total riders in the 4+ weeks I've been doing it and barely get 1 delivery an hour. I had a 2 hour shift the other day where I had nothing come in until the last 15 minutes.

Now apparently if you don't get at least 1 delivery or ride per hour, you aren't paid for that hour? I can't help that no one in Seattle knows about or uses Sidecar for deliveries, but I can't afford not to be paid for the time I could spend on other platforms actually earning money. Not happy about the change and I hope they either partner up with other services so there are actual deliveries to be had or start marketing Sidecar as a ridesharing service here.

Below is the snippet from the email:

Also, if you are on an hourly guarantee period and have not received a request for 20 minutes, please contact Delivery Support by email at deliverysupport@side.cr with the subject, "On Hourly Guarantee - No Requests".

Policy update: If you are on an hourly guarantee period and do not complete at least one ride or one delivery per hour, you will not be paid the hourly guarantee.

Casuale Haberdasher

The only guarantee we have in Los Angeles is 100% if we run at 0.95
POST# 3/@Treetrunk:"Ahoy!"& Welcome
to the UP.Net Forums
from 88°F, Overcast and Balmy Marco
Island on Florida's Wild SSW Coast.

Please use the Conversation Function
to PM Beur as You have Unintention-
ally Duplicated an Existing Avatar.
I'm sure that You Two can "Work it
Out" in mature fashion.

BTW: It's LOs Angeles. (Avatar surround)

Mentoring Bison, over and out.

DriverG

Yeah some of these updates for guarantee were because to many people started milking the system and weren't following requirements when being on shift. Sad that the few start to ruin it for the rest. But given time and no supervision that is always how it seems to go down.

Treetrunk

I got an email saying we don't have to Email support if we don't get any delivery or rides in an hour. What I don't know is if they still require for us to complete one ride or delivery per hour. Does anyone know?