1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anyone been accused of this its BS!

Discussion in 'Notifications' started by Edward209, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Mears Troll Number 4

Mears Troll Number 4 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    This is getting to be known as one of the 2 ways that riders can rip us off.
    I've heard of this happening from Former Uber Drivers.

They don't even have to give you cash, all they have to do is SAY they gave you cash and if the CSR beleives them, they get the ride for free and you get cheated out of it.

The other method is for the passenger to cancel the trip after they get into your car. This one is infinitely worse because they can simply say you have the wrong passenger, and if ANYTHING happens on this trip... James rivers insurance doesn't cover ANYTHING at all, because you arn't on a trip.

2. Tim In Cleveland

Tim In Cleveland Well-Known Member

and that's why you immediately pull over and kick them out. Do not let them re-ping you. Too bad if the neighborhood sucks.

3. Dammit Mazzacane

Dammit Mazzacane Well-Known Member

If they cancel while in the car, can't you tell the cancellation happened pretty easily??

4. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    This! In spades!

5. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Actually, they can. It's both in the TOS and local regulations. Not to mention you have contracted to pay them a percentage of all fares.

6. Rat

Rat Well-Known Member

Throwing it away is a good way to launder money?

phillipzx3 likes this.
  7. phillipzx3

phillipzx3 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of the coke head "investing" his money, but snorting/smoking it all up.

8. AuxCordBoston

AuxCordBoston Well-Known Member

Forget the tip. Give me 5 stars

9. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Just thank them for reaching out but unfortunately due to customer privacy considerations you are unable to discuss details of any individual trips with them at this time, but if they have any other questions they should feel to reach out again. Uber on!

10. Sueron

Sueron Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I have received tips as large as $20.00, for a 20 mile trip. Riders are not stupid, they know what a TIP is. Those that tip, are accustomed to tip. (when services are rendered to me should a tip be in order, I double the tax, 8% and move on.), although in Alabama, we only tax items, not labor (then I go by the charges). I never tell a customer that a tip is not required, unless they ask, at which time I tell the PAX the answer is, no mam/sir, not required . I graciously tell the PAX when they hand me the money, that I really appreciate it, and thank you very much....end of story.

Working in the service area, you become a better tipper!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2016