Anyone attempt April Fools Day fun?

Halfmybrain

I know that attempted humor CAN backfire. Nevertheless on Monday after dawn, I played a bit.

I tried this line on a handful of riders: "I need to stop at (a street a few blocks ahead) to pick up some campaign signs. I should just be 5-10 minutes." I didn't ham it up, and said "Happy April Fools Day" as soon as they reacted. Riders mostly seemed grateful to be on the lookout for the rest of thier day.

One lady, though, was very agreeable. She just said, "okay." After telling her I was not serious, I teased her, "You didn't even ask whose signs!" We turned out to have a non-partisan conversation about issues and personalities.

I have the best riders!

u_no_me

Just before midnight of the 1st, a car in front of me had a gas nozzle with part of the hose sticking out of his gas door. Get close enough and you could read the sign over it, April Fool's!

Sher Singh

I would give it a shot but most pax are snowflakes and would 1 star you for literally anything at the drop of a hat.

Halfmybrain

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would give it a shot but most pax are snowflakes and would 1 star you for literally anything at the drop of a hat.
I certainly acknowledge that many (not "most" of my) riders are snowflakes. I have a Best of Foreigner CD with lots of testosterone driven lyrics, and I'm aware how rapey Lou Gramm songs would sound to fresh new ears. I don't try to force it on them any more than I want their music or morals forced on me.
Post automatically merged:

Just before midnight of the 1st, a car in front of me had a gas nozzle with part of the hose sticking out of his gas door. Get close enough and you could read the sign over it, April Fool's!
LOVVVE IT