Anybody See This Legal Ad?

mizzrock

Saw on Facebook is this true?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-01-28-21-01-42.png
    Screenshot_2015-01-28-21-01-42.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 104

eloso

Some companies walk a fin line between Independence contractors and employees. In Ubers case I do not think so.

Ram

read it good, It say can be ieli\gal
read it again it say can be illegal, that means first give me your info so we can put a tracking spy for advertising or any thing else after you and then give us your info and pay this amount so we might check and give you some info that you might can not sue the illegal company well after they take your money

anOzzieUber

Different part of the world here in Australia, but this raises an interesting point.

I previously had my own business as a contractor, and the Australian Securities & Investment Commission did the head contractor for trying to call us "independent contractors". Their reasoning I think was if 80% (I think was the number) of your income was derived from jobs allocated to you by the one company, then you were not independent contractors, you were either employees or franchisees.

If Uber does get the green light legally here in Australia, I think ASIC might be knocking on their door and telling them that their drivers are not independent at all, since over 80% (well for UberX it is 100%) of their income is derived from jobs allocated by Uber.

The previous company I worked for tried to argue that each customer engaged the independent contractor, i.e. Uber would argue the PAX is engaging the driver, and unless one PAX made up 80% of the drivers income then they were independent contractors. In the previous case, ASIC didn't have a bar of this, and the company was forced to move everyone onto franchisee status.

I can't see Uber classing drivers in Australia as franchisees, but having them as employee's will create a million and one headaches for them.

mizzrock

Different part of the world here in Australia, but this raises an interesting point.

I previously had my own business as a contractor, and the Australian Securities & Investment Commission did the head contractor for trying to call us "independent contractors". Their reasoning I think was if 80% (I think was the number) of your income was derived from jobs allocated to you by the one company, then you were not independent contractors, you were either employees or franchisees.

If Uber does get the green light legally here in Australia, I think ASIC might be knocking on their door and telling them that their drivers are not independent at all, since over 80% (well for UberX it is 100%) of their income is derived from jobs allocated by Uber.

The previous company I worked for tried to argue that each customer engaged the independent contractor, i.e. Uber would argue the PAX is engaging the driver, and unless one PAX made up 80% of the drivers income then they were independent contractors. In the previous case, ASIC didn't have a bar of this, and the company was forced to move everyone onto franchisee status.

I can't see Uber classing drivers in Australia as franchisees, but having them as employee's will create a million and one headaches for them.
And serves them right! I haven't done taxes yet have over $3,000.00 saved incase I owe which I know I will and if it's ALL that I have saved I seriously quit.

mizzrock

read it good, It say can be ieli\gal

read it again it say can be illegal, that means first give me your info so we can put a tracking spy for advertising or any thing else after you and then give us your info and pay this amount so we might check and give you some info that you might can not sue the illegal company well after they take your money
You can watch if others sign up with this service.