1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anybody preorder XS Max overnight

Discussion in 'Stories' started by jgiun1, Sep 14, 2018.

1. jgiun1

jgiun1

I bet Uber and Lyft going to look sweet on that screen.....can't wait to see the Google maps on the big boy.

I quit driving early and took me 2 hours from 3:01 am till now 5:00(EDT) to get through with Sprint and pre-order for the earliest next Friday's delivery ship date.

I'm Happy Happy!!!
    Until I get the bill for me and the Daughter's upgrade.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    Cableguynoe likes this.
  2. Haha. Cases and screen protectors for 2 new phones.

You’re gonna be down hundreds before the phones even arrive.

jgiun1 and MHR like this.
  3. jgiun1

jgiun1

I'm a sick sick phone-aholic Noe

I paid $30 per phone to end the two 8+s a month early and 10 dollars shipped to my house next Friday. But went from $29 a month per phone to $44.....yikes.

And your right, probably another $150 in two screen protectors with case....time to hustle up tips and be Xtra nice fake to support my phone aholic tendency.

Cableguynoe likes this.
  4. backcountryrez

backcountryrez

Driving:
    Lyft
    I'm a little hesitant to pull the trigger on the XS Max. Got the X, large screen would be nice, but is it worth the incremental upgrade? Should I just wait for the eleven?

jgiun1 likes this.
  5. jgiun1

jgiun1

I didn't wait the extra month last year and got the 8 plus a month before X launch. I was afraid I wouldn't like the home button gone.

That's one good thing, your the home button missing experienced user. I have a feeling It'll take me months to get used to the digital stuff.

6. henrygates

henrygates

Driving:
    UberXL
    You could probably sell your old phone and recoup half the cost.

Cheap old guys like me always buy old used phones when we need to upgrade.

jgiun1 and Cableguynoe like this.
  7. My phone works fine and I've had it for 3 years. Why would I spend hundreds on something I don't need, or something that does exactly what a much cheaper phone does.

Where's monkey man when you need him.

jgiun1 likes this.
  8. Ubericator

Ubericator

Driving:
    UberX
    Waiting on XR! Seems like a great deal... My current 6 plus is lagging tremendously....

jgiun1 likes this.
  9. jgiun1

jgiun1

My Max is coming Friday....have the cover and screen protectors coming Thursday. I bought a sheet of stick magnets to replace the one that's inside my galaxy 8 plus case that attaches the phone to the mount.

I'll post pics of the beautiful piece of art when it comes Friday.

10. Only the 64gb that’s low, will that be enough,

My current 6s plus is 128gb and over half full, I’ve also got the xs max on preorder, didn’t bother with the 8plus, it wasn’t a new phone, jsut a iPhone 6,

iPhones screens cannot be scratched, screen protectors are the biggest scam, and people buy them, thinking it helps, 10years with iPhones, not one scratch,
    But yea case is a good idea, I get mine off eBay, a couple bucks each, silicone flexi

jgiun1 likes this.
  11. jgiun1

jgiun1

I have the 8 plus now and passed on the X during upgrade last year.

The 64 is just right for me.....no complaints and I keep every picture and video backed up to cloud and secondary I have an Amazon drive account.....my cover is the full version with screen protector included.

There is no way I would run my phones without a case....mine now would of been toast with two kinda major drops in driveway on the cement.....phone not only didn't get damaged, but phone is literally flawless.

Attached Files:

Classified likes this.
  12. jgiun1

jgiun1

Attached Files:

13. 6DFA634B-9BFC-4B6D-95A5-DA1E8A0675DA.png FB1EFDE9-0FD2-41F2-99B9-8868A8E2596B.jpeg

Go big or go home

Classified and jgiun1 like this.
  14. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    I have up on Apple years ago. #TeamAndroid

Gilby and jgiun1 like this.
  15. jgiun1

jgiun1

I'm the opposite Steve....had every note they ever made. When the Note 7 failed and exploded, switched to Apple. Was on a waiting list years back, while I had a brand new edge 7 was on a waiting list for the Note 7 (when the second set of batteries exploded, got the Apple 7 plus and never looked at android again) They actually added live screen wallpaper with these new phones.

Holy crap Batman.....2 T.....that's what my daughters Playstation has....lol

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Cableguynoe likes this.
  16. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    So much room for... Photos huh?

Haha ive got as much space and beautiful thing is that it's on an expandable miniSD that I can remove and use directly on the PC.

jgiun1 likes this.
  17. PC?
    What's that?

jgiun1 likes this.
  18. jgiun1

jgiun1

Is that the thing that looks like a tower.

The thing that always cracked me up are the people that pay 5-8 grand to buy or build a gaming PC, when you can get killer graphics and no lag from a PS4 for $350. (Only lag on ps4 is online servers from certain games when crowded)

Last edited: Sep 20, 2018
    Cableguynoe likes this.
  19. I’m a big gamer, and use my cheap laptop, and it keeps up with these big end gamer machines, some people get caught up in Hearsay and believe what they hear or read

Wow your iCloud is massive, I’ve never used iCloud, and have never used iTunes, and been with Apple since 4s days, you can upload music/videos and Picts via usb cable, no need for iTunes

jgiun1 likes this.
  20. steveK2016

steveK2016

Driving:
    UberXL
    PC Master Race > Console Peasant

My Gaming Rig is also a decoration piece. I built it piece by piece and definitely didnt spend 5-8k on it but it aint a cheap rig.

jgiun1 likes this.