Anybody kill it from 8PM to 3AM last night?

DriverPsycho

I started around 8:30 n got home at 2:30 after the surge n was super slow for me, ridiculous slow, only completed 5 n cancelled a few pools, I feel there were a lot of drivers last nite, went to Petco after the game hoping for surge but nothing, got a short ride to mission valley, sucked for me

Ubernic

DriverPsycho you only completed 5 rides in 6 hours? Were you canceling pings?
Yesterday was pretty brutal. I checked Uber X on the rider app in Hillcrest, there were maybe 50 cars between North Park & Hillcrest, all along El Cajon Blvd or University. Same thing in PB on Garnet and Grand. Select had like 10-15 cars at all the hotspots which is equally as bad. Then Black & SUV was pretty saturated as well. Hard to position because everywhere I would go I had drivers in every direction.

It actually might be worth it to work so slower east county areas just so you can be the only available car. Longer rides too.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

What the heck is goin on seriously are there really so many cars out there whats up with this over saturation? How can we make a decent buck do we really have to push 10-12 hour long days to make some ends?

Ubernic

10-12 hours might not even cut it, I'm watching a set of 8 premium Ubers, Select, Black, and SUV. Not one of us has budged in 3 hours according to the rider app. Hopefully X is doing well.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Well this so super sad I wish it was like the good old days like last year at this time before the price cut in winter. Im thinking of driving again in an X FT just want to make ends meet cause my current job is a dead end street and need a change, just dont know what to do with this situation on hand.

Ubernic

Well the person I know who drives X does it part time and has a tough time making anything decent. However other guys on X have showed me their phones and how they are making $1300ish weekly pumping out 100+ rides a week. The guy last night was at $900 with Sunday left to go then add on the incentives.

It looks like grinding 100+ rides is the only way to make a decent dent, but you will be wearing yourself out doing 100+ rides a week.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Thanks guys! Yeah before expenses thats the ballpark I was aiming at grinding all day long no problem for me. Atleast the commision dropped back to the original 20 from the 30 of the winter which is atleast positive except for poo, which I have never done before so Im still skeptical.

Ubernic

The premium services are slow at least for me right now so I'm just trying endure through it. I make enough for weekly bills and operating expenses, but the extra money isn't there the last two weeks.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Thanks, well its good to hear that atleast there's opportunity out there just gotta go and grab it. Too bad for all the ants and saturation, but Im hoping that come September/October a lot if them will be back at school or just finish with the summer clownin their doin.

JoeChargersfan

Thanks, well its good to hear that atleast there's opportunity out there just gotta go and grab it. Too bad for all the ants and saturation, but Im hoping that come September/October a lot if them will be back at school or just finish with the summer clownin their doin.
I know a lot of students driving while on break. End of September school starts up which im looking forward too. The constant uber and lyft advertising that makes it sound like you will be swimming in money doesn't help either.

Frankcity Hooligans 1899

Yeah totally agree it can be misleading, but Im really looking forward to September when school starts up again, hope it will be good for all of us once again!

Tidballa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Drove 5am to 9:30am his morning: very busy
Uber: 11 rides - 2 surges - $93
Luft: 2 rides - $17
Gas: ~$10
4.5 hours and $100 net = $22/hour

Mornings are the way to go.

Ubernic

Same here, only made about $50 from 9am-8pm, was super depressed because I have never missed like that on a weekend. Then out of nowhere from 10pm on, after I already had gone home, it started getting busy, I went back out and ended the day at nearly $400. Basically I was fighting for scraps during the day because there were drivers everywhere, as soon as it thinned out, I was able to corner entire sections of two cities with my position and just clean up any ride requested in those areas because all the other cars had gone home.

bigBobby

I think that its wishful thinking. I was driving by and stop by the Pyramid to pick up those new emblems. There must of been 15-20 lining out the door waiting to get processed and there are now 3-4 auto inspectors with their new mechanics logo. They appear to be mostly older middle age men and women with a few younger folks. And this is with a lower bonus incentives

Poolepit

I was going to say that I think a lot of the new drivers aren't students and teachers as well. I do believe all the older people won't be able to make it and fade out faster though. Some of the worst drivers I have had have all been older and not even capable of working their phone, let alone multi-tasking the gps and app.