Anybody into stocks?

HiDuuken

Maybe this has something to do with it:

Post automatically merged:

It seems like somebody just gets to pull a number out of their a$$ and say, this is the value:

"Damodaran’s criticism of ride-hailing extended to Uber as well, but the company’s valuation is expected to dwarf Lyft’s, with Reuters reporting it will seek between $90 billion and $100 billion. "

Kodyhead

Not am expert but IPOs tend to be volatile.

Question is uber a transportation company or a data collection company like the other giants.

ElSapoLoco

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Not am expert but IPOs tend to be volatile.

Question is uber a transportation company or a data collection company like the other giants.
Last I heard, they consider themselves a “payment processing” company.

FLKeys

I prefer inexpensive dividend stocks, last year I made 6.3% return in dividends from my initial investment. Some of the stocks are up, some are down, they are all still paying dividends. As far as the stock price being down, you only lose money if you sell while it is down so I have not really lost any money on those. They always come back up so I am not worried.

HiDuuken

I prefer inexpensive dividend stocks, last year I made 6.3% return in dividends from my initial investment. Some of the stocks are up, some are down, they are all still paying dividends. As far as the stock price being down, you only lose money if you sell while it is down so I have not really lost any money on those. They always come back up so I am not worried.
I have been watching YouTube videos about this and have been wondering if anyone has been able to do it in real life. Thanks for the testimonial