Inshur

Anybody here with Enterprise Insurance company?

Hogster

Just heard that Enterprise Insurance Company have gone into administration on Friday

They cover minicabs & black cabs as far as I'm aware

As of now drivers are still covered but keep check with your brokers, or the Enterprise Insurance website

Cover may depend on if the company is fully closed down, be careful guys

Hogster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Enterprise Insurance Company (not broker) and are accepted by poober. So Enterprise provide the coverage

Many ph insurance brokers use them but they only did Annual policies
This may exclude lots of drivers here, but some do go the annual route

Now they've been told not to accept new or renewal business

Swifty126

That makes no difference if enterprise insurance goes bankrupt,because they are just brokers you will still be covered by the underwriter

Hogster

That makes no difference if enterprise insurance goes bankrupt,because they are just brokers you will still be covered by the underwriter
Really? Enterprise are an insurance company

Insure Taxi are one of their brokers along with many others

Hogster

This is the Enterprise Insurance Company website
https://www.eigplc.com/index.php with the administration details

Swifty126 there is a large insurance broker in Wales called Enterprise Insurance Brokers
Maybe that's who you're thinking of?

Hogster

If it's a broker it just means they are agents,not underwriters,they are the ones that insure you
I do know the difference between an insurance broker, an insurance company and an underwriter, been owning vehicles for 42 years

My first post did mention Enterprise Insurance Company

Hogster

Did some googling, there is one based in Gibraltar?

Is that the correct one Hogster?
Yes that's it, a lot of brokers know about them but they only do Annual policies so are not favoured by many drivers

But as they were quoting about 30% less than other firms and claims are increasing, I suppose it was only a matter of time before they got into financial trouble

I'm on the way out of this game anyway but problem is that if competition is reduced, then insurance cost will keep on rising for existing drivers