1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anybody here done the Uber financing?

Discussion in 'Pay' started by RonL, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Jay2dresq

Jay2dresq Well-Known Member

I researched the pack longevity before I purchased my Escape Hybrid. The pack is designed to outlast the vehicle. The other issues that come up with most hybrids can be dealt with rather inexpensively if you know what you're looking for, and you're moderately handy.

Early on, Hybrid batteries died quick. Now, it is quite rare for a hybrid battery to die an untimely death. There's Ford Escape Hybrids out there in taxi fleets with over 300,000 miles, and one FEH owned by a security company has over 500,000 miles on the original battery pack. Low mileage used packs are available for about $1,200. The only late model hybrids that don't seem to last are the Hondas. They're having constant problems with packs dying before 100,000 miles. They had a firmware update that was supposed to fix this. After the update, the vehicle's mileage goes down, and the battery pack needs to get a lot worse before the trouble light comes on, so when a customer comes in with battery problems now, the dealer tells them that the light isn't on, its fine.

BostonTaxiDriver likes this.
  2. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Yeah, probably. But I hope to be out of this game long before the battery gives up. If not, I'll just drive it with a dead battery.

3. caspiy257

caspiy257 Active Member

Driving:
    Taxi
    Yes, of course, you can make these numbers, but be ready to be late everywere, hear the cars honking behind you and see the finger in the window of the car passing you

4. Worcester Sauce

Worcester Sauce Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Nobody with any functional brain waves.

5. Enovvy

Enovvy Member

Nice.Glad to see someone with a positive experience. I'm looking at the Prius V...I like Toyota anyway but the mileage savings is the biggest selling point for me.

6. painfreepc

painfreepc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    friday (10.24.14.) i picked up my lease to own Black on Black Ford Fusion Hybird SE, cost $173 per week,
    would have been about $165 per week for the S model.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  7. Enovvy

Enovvy Member

So, long was the process? Did you have to put anything down? Looked at the website and Santander wants $2K down

8. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    i put $1,000 down, you can pay back the $1,000 short fall in 52 week (one yr) payments,
    i was at dealer about 2 hours, i give dealer $1,000 cash, signed a lot of paper work,
    i got car in i week, friday to friday,
    i picked a Black on Black 2015 Ford Fusion Hybird SE,
    You can add Leather Seats for $8 more per week - will maybe add Leather later, easy to get after market.

santander will finance The Leather Seats, But not any other options,
    if you want the other options, you pay upfront out of picket,

why the SE and not the $8 per week cheaper S model,
    All things listed below are not included on the S model:

• SecuriCodeā„¢ keyless entry keypad (i would have paid $8 more per week, for this alone)
    • SiriusXM Satellite Radio
    • Heated exterior side mirrors w/Security approach lamps with puddle lamps and turn signal indicator
    • 10-way power driver's seat with power lumbar and 6-way power passenger seat with front 4-way adjustable head restraints
    • Rear A/C vents
    • Floor mats (1st row)
    • Rear floor mats
    • Rear center armrest
    • Compass
    • Rocker molding--body-color
    • Exterior temperature indicator

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
  9. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    @ Lead Foot "mattvuber"

I now have the 2015 Ford Fusion Hybird SE, i am doing 39 to 40 MPG easy and i am no ones grandma.

10. jeffdvargas

jeffdvargas New Member

Yes I so

11. Jay2dresq

Jay2dresq Well-Known Member

I'm sure you will like the Fusion Hybrid. A buddy of mine bought the Fusion Hybrid after riding in my Escape Hybrid. He traded in a Lexus for it, and loves the Fusion.

12. jeffdvargas

jeffdvargas New Member

Yeah I actually sold my car to put the 1000$ down and everything was fine waited a week got the car on Nov 7 took it home and got ready to go out and work on a Friday night and my account was deactivated. So I sent uber a couple emails and got no response which was a first, any other time I always got a response. So I couldn't work the whole weekend and a car that's costing 260 a week. I go down to their office on Monday and ask them how they expect me to pay for the car if I can't work. He looks up my info and I can tell something is not right but their playing it off really well. Another worker comes over and informs me that someone from the uber finance dept. Will contact me later. Never got the call so I shoot them an email asking y my account was deactivated. Now I've been driving for uber since May and the back ground check was performed in May and their were no issues until I sell my car finance thru them and now I'm ****ed. No car cause I sold it 1000 gone and the car I got thru them obviously is going back **** uber I want to kill someone

Jay2dresq likes this.
  13. LAuberX

LAuberX Moderator Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    260.00 a week, a $47,320.00 car to drive for $.72 net/mile.

Best to give it back now. This can't be a good plan.

Live and learn, please don't go postal!

Jay2dresq likes this.
  14. Justin H

Justin H Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Was your loan through Santander? What was the sticker price for you prius btw??

15. Lidman

Lidman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    SANTANDER = THE DEVIL!!! RUN FAST!!!! RUN FAR!!!!!!! I DON'T CARE REDUNANT THIS IS GETTTING BUT I HOPE MAYBE SOME LURKERS MIGHT THINK TWICE ABOUT FINANANCING FROM THESE WORSE THEN LOAN SHARKS.

DriverJ and YurFriendlyPirate like this.
  16. Justin H

Justin H Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Not looking at satander, this is for seattle

YurFriendlyPirate likes this.
  17. ATLrider

ATLrider Active Member

$260 a week is $1040 a month?

what kind of car did you get?

Avalon? Fusion? or Full (large) car?

and why did you get a larger car, why not a cheaper smaller car? (since the pay is the same).

18. Justin H

Justin H Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You could literally lease a Tesla for 260 a week lol
    A high interest subprime car loan trumps that easily.

19. YurFriendlyPirate

YurFriendlyPirate Member

You said it. That's a mortgage payment.

20. SCdave

SCdave Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Qualifications - CPA?