1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Anybody here done the Uber financing?

Discussion in 'Pay' started by RonL, Oct 9, 2014.

1. good4life

good4life Active Member

I believe debts on your credit report have a 7 year life if no activity. So, your credit score will steadily deteriorate over 7 years if no effort is made to repay your debts. At the end of 7 years, your report is washed assuming no additional credit activity. I am speaking of unsecured debt (credit cards, etc) not secured debt like mortgages.

2. painfreepc

painfreepc Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    am not going to pay off $29k medical bills, not even going to try, from this point on i will make sure all things reported is good, i have two credit cards i pay off each month.

3. DriverJ

DriverJ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I hear you brother - been there, done that. Oh, yeah, I'm actually doing it now on a 2005 Ford Escape that I bought from a Buy Here/Pay Here/I Wanna Give'em Away, but My Wife won't Let Me car lot.

The bad thing is, I'll still be upside-down on it badly next year when I can no longer use it for Uber. It'll probably be worn out by then, so I guess it doesn't really matter.

4. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    I like that, may i use it, that's one of my options, many car lots like that here in fontane, i'm not going anywhere near a Buy Here/Pay Here lot, did it one time in my life, had a total pic-o-**** car.

DriverJ likes this.
  5. CONDIA

CONDIA Member

This is my experience:
    I leased a 2014 Toyota Prius 3 with navigation system: Put 1000 down. Get 2000 from Uber and Toyota in rebates.
    My weekly payment is 179.00 for 3 and a half years. Then I will pay 1 dollar to purchase the car.
    The miles allow are 40,000 per year, but if you keep the car are really unlimited.
    I still pay the same amount of money in insurance that I use to pay.
    As I get around 55 mpg I'm saving around 100.00 in gas every week if compare with what I was espending before.
    Usually my car payment money is all set by Tuesday 7: 30am. After that
    UBER is extra money for me.
    I usually work between 4:30am and 7:30am week days.
    I only do my local airport. (Rhode Island).
    I have 3 months with my brand new car that I also use in my primary job. NO more expenses on mecanics.
    Happy. No complaints!
    Again, this is my experience.

anexfanatic, Enovvy and uberdriver101 like this.

6. Jay2dresq

Jay2dresq Well-Known Member

I get over 32 on a regular basis in my Escape Hybrid 4wd. The Escape and the Fusion Hybrid share the same powertrain. Only time my mileage really dips below 30 is either the middle of summer when I'm using the a/c a lot, or the middle of winter when its really cold out. Certainly a Fusion would get better than an Escape, the Fusion is lighter and more aerodynamic. Plus, the Fusion Hybrid doesn't have 4wd.

A quick look on Fuelly shows the Fusion S Hybrids there are getting between 39 and 51 MPG. http://www.fuelly.com/car/ford/fusion?engineconfig_id=&bodystyleconfig_id=&submodel_id=1451

Even looking at the EPA's website, many users are reporting average mileage in the 40's, and some in the 50's. http://www.fueleconomy.gov/mpg/MPG.do?action=mpgData&vehicleID=34312&browser=true&details=on

7. where's the beef?

where's the beef? Well-Known Member

If you can gross roughly $250 in about 6 hours, good for you...
    You should be happy...
    What else can I say...

DriverJ and Former Yellow Driver like this.
  8. DriverJ

DriverJ Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Sure you can use it, I stole it too. :) Actually, I love this little Ford Escape I got, just not enough to pay what I did for it, and not enough for the 18% interest. I can't believe I actually admitted that in public.

9. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    thank you for the link to www.fuelly.com i have been picked up by three 2014 toyota camry hybirds car dashboard shows about the same mps (38.9) as shown by www.fuelly.com, so i am going to believe the mpg (44.4) for the fusion hybird as show by www.fuelly.com, if i only get a max 36 - 38 mpg i will be happy.

Jay2dresq likes this.
  10. Jay2dresq

Fusion Hybrids are nice. I considered buying one when I bought my Escape Hybrid. At the time though, I owned a business that required me to come in and run maintenance on equipment, no matter what the weather was. I therefore needed a 4wd with great mileage. That was the deciding factor. If I could have bought a Fusion Hybrid with AWD, I probably would have.

11. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Maybe you're right. Maybe I don't drive one. Maybe I'm not even real. Maybe nothing is.

12. mattvuberx

mattvuberx Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I've attempted to drive as conservatively as humanly possible on multiple occasions. Getting 44mpg is simply not realistic, and especially unrealistic in a paid transportation scenario.

13. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    i think you need to have the dealer check your hybird battery.

14. Jay2dresq

For a primer on the Ford Fusion Hybrid, I recommend reading this: http://www.cleanmpg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22050

I also must admit, I'm an experienced hypermiler. Last fall I was one of the drivers selected for Audi's Truth in 48 mileage run. (Check Twitter for #TruthIn48). We were given 3 cars in in LA, and told to drive them to NYC in less than 48 hours, and exceed the EPA ratings by as much as possible. We had a Q5 TDI Quattro, A6TDI Quattro, and an A7 TDI Quattro. I was on team Q5, and we got the Q5 from LA to NYC in a little over 46 hours, and we came in at 38 MPG, about 25% over the official EPA estimate. 1235439_10151545828087294_820626528_n.jpg

15. millertimex86

millertimex86 Member

So I've been reading here on this and decided to look into myself, found a 2015 Ford Focus, after rebates and such price is 15,590, I'm in Phoenix so uber partnered with Exeter financing. My offer was 1080 down and 13.7% on interest (talking purchase here not lease). Payments were to be I think 403 or 393 one or the other. Doesn't sound too bad for me although my credits not great it's not in the crapper either. May look into it more to see how it holds up. Oh and financing term was only 48 months.

16. painfreepc

Driving:
    UberX
    will you please inbox me the name and phone number of the ford dealer in Phoenix,
    i need to see if any way i can get the ford focus - thanks

17. uberdriver101

uberdriver101 Active Member

I would say no only bc you don't have job security. You're literally one complaint away from being deactivated.

Former Yellow Driver likes this.
  18. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

I read that the Focus only gets 27 mpg around town. Go for a Hybrid if you can. The Camry hybrid I use gets 42 in town and 45 on the highway. Prius gets more.

19. millertimex86

millertimex86 Member

Yeah I was told that too about the hybrid, kinda why I'm taking my time on this, get the best car I can in my affordability selection, but yeah as pointed out before unless you have job security it's not recommended. I do uber on the side and not full time.

20. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

One of the terms of the lease is that the vehicle can only be used to carry out Uber work in, and for nothing else. That excludes personal use. So I'm thinking if you get canned by Uber it would be possible to get out of the lease. You can't be expected to pay for a vehicle which, if you're fired, you are prohibited from using at all.