Anybody have any ideas what UBER will anounce today for 180 days of change?

Driver88

Anybody have any ideas what UBER will announce today for 180 days of change? I am guessing its uber pool prices will be better or something like that, like lyft did.

dimwit_driver

We'll find out in 7.5 hours. If I recall correctly one of the texts or email specifically referred to Pool, so my personal speculation is matching Lyft's Line pay, iow paying X rates with the initial high surge for all riders. I'm sure they'll go over the new airport lot stuff, too. If they really wanted to make me happy they would give me my dfs back. Oh, and raise rates, but that ain't gonna happen.

heynow321

i'm guessing either raising stool rates ala lyft or something stupid like giving you an extra buck or two if you pick up matched riders. i suspect, given the way stool incentivizes people, that they have a problem with matched riders not being picked up.

personally that's what I do if, on the extremely rare occasion, i accept stool (usually b/c of a DF). i don't pick up the added people. same with line (unless it's surged).

LazyDayz

i'm guessing either raising stool rates ala lyft or something stupid like giving you an extra buck or two if you pick up matched riders. i suspect, given the way stool incentivizes people, that they have a problem with matched riders not being picked up.

personally that's what I do if, on the extremely rare occasion, i accept stool (usually b/c of a DF). i don't pick up the added people. same with line (unless it's surged).

How do you not pick up matched riders? Uber automatically adds riders while I'm driving. Also, I'm guessing it is more economical to not pick up additional riders if you are not doing the pickups. I don't do Pool much, so I've never looked into the fare structure, but when I accept pool on my way to work, I don't mind adding the additional riders.

heynow321

How do you not pick up matched riders? Uber automatically adds riders while I'm driving. Also, I'm guessing it is more economical to not pick up additional riders if you are not doing the pickups. I don't do Pool much, so I've never looked into the fare structure, but when I accept pool on my way to work, I don't mind adding the additional riders.
you just continue driving to the original destination. the added passengers will eventually cancel.

Smashup

I'm going to laugh so hard if this is the case. swing and a miss boober....

This is the case!

Uber, you are such f*****g morons, your BS is matched only by how even the uber-critical press will cover this in positive terms.

Smashup

"with Uber shouldering much of the cost" LMAO. So they give you seventy cents of the six dollars they just charged that second rider, and they are shouldering the cost? Are we really that bad at math, collectively?

No, but this is what's truly tragic, the press IS that bad at math.

Even the members of the press that claim to be uber watch dogs often write ridiculously complimentary articles about uber.

I spoke with a journalist this week regarding Uber's removal of the 6 destination filters, and she wrote it up as "180 days of Change, Uber gives 6 destination filters to drivers", that Uber had reneged never made it into her piece. And she is absolutely considered an Uber watchdog in the press.

So expect to see the message "Uber is paying drivers MORE! And it's coming from Uber's fees!"

aspacepig

Screenshot_20170926-180235.png

Well, there you have it folks. A fraction more per mile and half the time versus X, and a whopping 0.80 per extra pick up.

Surgeless in Seattle

Surgeless, did you go? what was the atmosphere like?
Mostly Uber schills with about 20% cynics sprinkled throughout.

The preselected questions really, really chapped my hide. It makes it completely pointless to go to their Rah! Rah! propaganda meetings.

After the meeting they rolled out the 6 destination filters I really was changing my mind about them ... then last night's meeting... just steamrolling past the fact they TOOK away their gift and stating the decision was made locally when we know that San Francisco, Chicago, and New York lost theirs as well. Then a slap in the face of an extra 80¢ per additional pax on a Pool ride?!?!? That 80¢ will not make up for the slower routes, constant stops, lower ratings, meaner passengers that Pool really is.

Hey Uber - if you REALLY care about your drivers and relieving congestion, here's a plan: keep paying your drivers a lower rate but pay them for EVERY group in the car. (This means when you're getting paid double you pay US double, too.) Just imagine how many extra pax your drivers are going to want to pick up! You'll achieve those altruistic goals you claim are your motivation.

Skinny1

It's simple never pool....this will catch on.
My neighbor just joined and he already is in that page...

So desperate ...

Smashup

I'm rather stunned that after Lyft matched rates, which is the minimal choice, Pool rates should be higher, that Uber only coughed up 80 cents per rider.

That seems to say either Uber is cash strapped, or that they have so many drivers taking Pool they mostly don't care.

I can't imagine 80 cents is going to change anyone's mind.

heynow321

I'm rather stunned that after Lyft matched rates, which is the minimal choice, Pool rates should be higher, that Uber only coughed up 80 cents per rider.

That seems to say either Uber is cash strapped, or that they have so many drivers taking Pool they mostly don't care.

I can't imagine 80 cents is going to change anyone's mind.

boober was hoping that drivers would be too stupid to notice how badly they were being ripped off with stool. remember, when stool first started, we used to keep some of the fare of added passengers. i remember taking two people from DT to kirkland one time and getting like $18 for the first rider and $11 for the 2nd (which i thought was egregious at the time as the riders pickups and dropoffs were very close). i don't remember when it was changed (or if they publically even announced it) but they keep 100% of the fare of any added riders.

that is simply unacceptable for me as a driver. obviously though, stool presents boober with the greatest profit margin. instead of receiving 25-50% of an X fare, they're getting 100% of 2 fares or more. this is the only hope they had of ever turning a profit without raising fares significantly.

of course, in typical boober arrogance, they forgot that while many many drivers are stupid, they'll still be able to catch on to the scam after enough time. they also forgot that the general public is a bunch of animals these days and not everyone wants to share a ride with some creep gropey middle aged dude or some drunk sorority @@@@@ who stinks of booze, weed, semen, cheap perfume, and shame who might puke at any time.