Anybody else have this problem with airport trips while on destination?

ryan137

In the past month or so with all the changes to the Uber Driver app, I'm finding that when I get an airport trip while having a destination set, the usual warning that says something like please remove your destination or you will not be entered in the queue, does not go away, no matter how far off of airport property I drive. I seriously drove to QEW & 427 and it still showed that warning, even though the app showed my correct location. So basically if I go to the airport on a destination now I have to cancel that destination and start a new one, or I can't get any trips.

Are others experiencing this? Using Android BTW.

ED Wallace

Set your destination to an address just east or west of YYZ (depending on your location) so you don't have any airport warning issues - turn off your app when you arrive as it will never ping while inside the airport (unless you are select or black I believe). It is illigal for uberx drivers to pick up at the airport - a trick some pax will use is place their location just outside the airport and once an Uberx accepts they will call u to say they are actually at arrivals - if that happens don't pick up this pax cause it is still illigal and your uber sticker will make you a marked man at YYZ, lastly good luck claiming insurance if u crash.

ryan137

Set your destination to an address just east or west of YYZ (depending on your location) so you don't have any airport warning issues - turn off your app when you arrive as it will never ping while inside the airport (unless you are select or black I believe). It is illigal for uberx drivers to pick up at the airport - a trick some pax will use is place their location just outside the airport and once an Uberx accepts they will call u to say they are actually at arrivals - if that happens don't pick up this pax cause it is still illigal and your uber sticker will make you a marked man at YYZ, lastly good luck claiming insurance if u crash.

Thanks but I didn't just join uber last week, I know all of these things.

TdotUber

In the past month or so with all the changes to the Uber Driver app, I'm finding that when I get an airport trip while having a destination set, the usual warning that says something like please remove your destination or you will not be entered in the queue, does not go away, no matter how far off of airport property I drive. I seriously drove to QEW & 427 and it still showed that warning, even though the app showed my correct location. So basically if I go to the airport on a destination now I have to cancel that destination and start a new one, or I can't get any trips.

As soon as you are off the airport area, shut down your app all the way and then open it back up... this will get rid of that warning and get you back online with the destination... you don't need to go offline or anything...

PapaPaul

I face that issue all the time. The only it works for me is to clear the destination and set it again. It was frustrating when there were only two destination available. But now that there are six, I don't mind it. I use android.

UberxGTA

Yes that is normal now. Either cancel and go back online or don't set the airport as your destination. The app thinks you have reached your destination. ...so you must enter another or go offline.

ryan137

Yes that is normal now. Either cancel and go back online or don't set the airport as your destination. The app thinks you have reached your destination. ...so you must enter another or go offline.

The thing is, the airport isn't my destination. Destination can for instance be set for North York with a drop off at yyz on the way, and this still happens. Frustrating but at least I can afford to burn an extra destination now with 6.

UberMotard

Close app without touching destination
Get out of airport zone.
Reboot phone
Make sure you are now out of airport zone.
Start app
Good to go.
App maintains state so upon reboot your destination is still available.