Anybody else experiencing this?

Yankee

Last week during SXSW, I experienced a statistically significant amount of cancellations. That was sorta new for me, but I figured it was the longer wait times, surges, traffic, and other variables associated with the festival. But I went out last night, and out of 21 pings I got EIGHT cancellations. That's an unusually high percentage. Most of my cancellations come during surges. Is this pax way of undermining the surge (ordering rides and then when the surge drops they cancel the original ride)? Is anyone else having this experience, or is this a fluke?

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
Last week during SXSW, I experienced a statistically significant amount of cancellations. That was sorta new for me, but I figured it was the longer wait times, surges, traffic, and other variables associated with the festival. But I went out last night, and out of 21 pings I got EIGHT cancellations. That's an unusually high percentage. Most of my cancellations come during surges. Is this pax way of undermining the surge (ordering rides and then when the surge drops they cancel the original ride)? Is anyone else having this experience, or is this a fluke?
I would bet that its a cab driver, another Uber driver or kid with parents phone playing games. If its an Uber or cab driver they might be curious to see who is out there driving. Now they got your pic, license plate and make of car. With the pax app you can order a cab and then cancel right away without any repercussions.

Yankee

I would bet that its a cab driver, another Uber driver or kid with parents phone playing games. If its an Uber or cab driver they might be curious to see who is out there driving. Now they got your pic, license plate and make of car. With the pax app you can order a cab and then cancel right away without any repercussions.
Thanks UberTaxPro, but these all came from different pax locations. Some came in clusters of 3, but not anywhere near each other. Are you saying there are other drivers taking us out of the game by calling for a car and then canceling? Is there evidence of that happening?

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
Thanks UberTaxPro, but these all came from different pax locations. Some came in clusters of 3, but not anywhere near each other. Are you saying there are other drivers taking us out of the game by calling for a car and then canceling? Is there evidence of that happening?
Pax can place pick up location anywhere! You can be sitting in your living room and send a ping for a pick up location at least 50 miles away. Parents around here do it all the time to have their kids picked up. Do you have the pax app? If not get it and try it for yourself.

chi1cabby

Most of my cancellations come during surges. I
That's the simple explanation. Many riders who request during surge pricing have a change of heart.
And if a ETA shown after a ride request is significantly more than what was shown prior to ride request, it is more likely to get cancelled as well.

UberTaxPro

Sponsor
If it happens again pay attention to the customer name when it pings. You'll be able to identify the first name of the culprit!

flyingdingo

They don't like your haircut.

Oh My

They were probably fishing for cars to something they like. This is why Uber needs to do away with that 5 minute policy.
Yes, they "car shop" all the time. I have a smaller SUV and arrive way too many times to find 5 or 6 passengers waiting. I drive off.