• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Anybody else ever try this?

dfs3317

I was home last weekend and decided to use Uber Eats for dinner for my daughter and I and we chose a TexMex restaurant that I get as many as 5 orders a day from when I'm online so just to see if it would happen I logged in after placing the order and sure as defecation I get a ping from that establishment with my name as the customer. So I went and picked up my order and delivered it to my house and got paid for the delivery..........not bad saved me about $5

Disgusted Driver

Unless you had some kind of customer promo for free or cheap delivery, I don't see the point. Don't you pay more for the delivery as a customer than you make for the delivery as a driver?
Way back in the day I did that with an Uber X ride, it was 50% off and I got 80% so I basically made 30% on the ride (I had 2 separate accounts). As someone posted above, they now consider that fraud.

kiltedcameraman

I tried to do this once about a year ago. I was actually in the restaurant parking lot, and it told me that I didn't live in that places delivery area even though I had ordered from there before. I have not been able to order from that place since.

dfs3317

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I hope you tipped the driver well! 😂

But wouldn't it cost more to do this since you still have to pay for the delivery, which includes Ubers cut that you dont make?
It actually evened out. The delivery was a $4.00 delivery and so I ended up paying $1.00 for the delivery and I used my wife's email address and phone number to place the order so they can feel free to conduct an investigation if they choose to

OneRideOneVomit

It actually evened out. The delivery was a $4.00 delivery and so I ended up paying $1.00 for the delivery and I used my wife's email address and phone number to place the order so they can feel free to conduct an investigation if they choose to
Yeah, you'll be fine then.

My wife did this as a joke when I first started and I picked up her order. I haven't heard anything from UE about it.