Anybody doing Amazon Flex?

Any of you TC folks doin Flex? I signed up about a week ago, and waiting to be approved. I haven't done any Ubering recently after I figured out I couldn't make enough to pay for burning out the car. (Not really able to drive at surge times.)

BurgerTiime

I stopped doing Uber also. Please keep us informed with progress. I start school again and need something "flexible" lol

timothyj

Any of you TC folks doin Flex? I signed up about a week ago, and waiting to be approved. I haven't done any Ubering recently after I figured out I couldn't make enough to pay for burning out the car. (Not really able to drive at surge times.)
Waiting for approval also.....
I stopped doing Uber also. Please keep us informed with progress. I start school again and need something "flexible" lol
I also signed up, if/when any of us get a response please post it on here so we are all in the loop

Curmudg

I did it for a while - it takes a while after you sign up - I made about the same as Uber, but always felt constrained by being scheduled - you make $17 an hour, plus tips- and tips are very good - made about 30+ an hour with tips... I'm still active on the platform - but haven't scheduled for a shift in a long time (if you request limited hours, you won't get any - you have to schedule availability for large blocks of time or you wont get any blocks. I found many weeks I wouldn't get any blocks at all (and then I'd end up cancelling the ones I got because of conflicts in personal life so... Uber, for me was better - but its a great gig if it works for ya..

Uzcaliber

The dist center was over by the U of M - between 280 and the U on Como.
That's Amazon Prime Now distribution center. I wonder it's different in Eagan and whether you are assigned based on your location. I would like to know more. I live in the southern suburb and don't want to go to up north to pick up packages.

Curmudg

That's Amazon Prime Now distribution center. I wonder it's different in Eagan and whether you are assigned based on your location. I would like to know more. I live in the southern suburb and don't want to go to up north to pick up packages.
When I started I believe it was the only dist center - I think they've recently added Eagan (I haven't driven for several months) .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Still waiting for approval. It's been a couple weeks. I know they did a background check because I got the copy in the mail several days ago. Good to see there's nothing on it!

BurgerTiime

I did it for a while - it takes a while after you sign up - I made about the same as Uber, but always felt constrained by being scheduled - you make $17 an hour, plus tips- and tips are very good - made about 30+ an hour with tips... I'm still active on the platform - but haven't scheduled for a shift in a long time (if you request limited hours, you won't get any - you have to schedule availability for large blocks of time or you wont get any blocks. I found many weeks I wouldn't get any blocks at all (and then I'd end up cancelling the ones I got because of conflicts in personal life so... Uber, for me was better - but its a great gig if it works for ya..
Did you have any insurance issues? My insurance told me any transporting goods or passengers is commercial and needs to have an endorsement (geiko)

Diamond_Vision

still waiting on my background check also. It's been 2.5 weeks... They sure are slow, but I'm not in a hurry. I am happy with the money from Uber/Lyft.

Curmudg

You can use I-Phones now. Used to be just Android.