Any updates on LAX pick ups?

Cascas

I saw a bunch of uber drivers being written up at the terminals. Dunno if it's a permit issue or a pickup zone issue though, won't be trying to find out.

2MsBandT

They were redirecting you to pick up at the Rideshare signs. Trying to pick up at terminal 1 doors was a nightmare.

I saw a guy yelling at Uber drivers to pick up at the sign.

See, with my attitude I don't take kindly to people yelling like a maniac for no good reason. I just waited until the guy stopped yelling, and explained to him about what we were told by Uber/Lyft at the same time I was holding up traffic.:rolleyes::biggrin:

He better be glad my pax was waiting. I told him they need a better solution to picking up travelers and drove off.

Uhh, don't take it out on the drivers because LAX/Uber/Lyft cannot get their acts together.:rolleyes:

mandreyka

Why the hell did they put up rideshare signs if they are going to let us pick up anywhere? Make them go to the signs or tell them to cancel, don't move your car until they agree and don't have an attitude.

XUberMike

Just what tourist need to see when they come to visit our fine City, cops @@@@@ing out Rideshare drivers for no apparent reason. All we're doing is trying to pick up people, it's really quite simple.

RacerX

I didn't get any emails about this from Uber or Lyft. I never get emails from Uber for some reason. I'll continue redirecting PAX to signs as long as LAX has them posted. it's much easier this way. After I get the ping I sit in lot/area until I make contact with Pax and ensure that they know where to go and are on there way. Then I leave lot. If they don't pick up phone or answer text. I cancel after 5min and take next rider. the airport is really a sh*t show. more often than not it's a Complete waste of the time for us X drivers. not sure why so many drivers post up especially when there is no/little surge.

UberIsAllFubared

Yesterday was a complete cluster&#$&. The airport, the cops, and uber/lyft need to figure their shit out. One tells you one thing, while the other tells you the other. I like directing them to the rideshare signs, especially to get slightly away from the congestion of the terminals, problem is, half the drivers don't do this, and when I call the passenger he gives me attitude and says everyone else is waiting for their uber at the door numbers. Told one guy yesterday, "fine, I'll pick you up at the door, but if I get stopped, I will let the police know you demanded to get picked up at the door". All of a sudden he changed his tune when he thought he might be the one getting the ticket.

Last edited:

UberIsAllFubared

I didn't get any emails about this from Uber or Lyft. I never get emails from Uber for some reason. I'll continue redirecting PAX to signs as long as LAX has them posted. it's much easier this way. After I get the ping I sit in lot/area until I make contact with Pax and ensure that they know where to go and are on there way. Then I leave lot. If they don't pick up phone or answer text. I cancel after 5min and take next rider. the airport is really a sh*t show. more often than not it's a Complete waste of the time for us X drivers. not sure why so many drivers post up especially when there is no/little surge.
The reason there are so many drivers at LAX lately is because so many are on Platinum or Gold incentives which range from 1.6x to 2.2x. When you get a nice long airport run at those rates, then its golden.

Yesterday was a complete disaster for me. I usually make a killing at LAX, but yesterday, 6 airport runs were shorter than Venice, with two of them (BOTH at 1.9x surge) going to El Segundo and a BBQ place down the street in Inglewood. I wanted to kill both of those passengers. I think I said two words to both of those rides.

UberLaLa

Uber sends passenger a message that tells them to meet the Driver at Door L2-04 (or such) on the Departures Level.
I call every passenger and ask them if they know to go up to the 2nd Level and if they prefer to meet at the Rideshare Sign or the Door Uber gave them.

Anybody yells at me from LAX I'm showing them this shite:

Screen Shot 2016-08-01 at 9.56.31 AM.png

http://losangeles.ubermovement.com/airports/

RacerX

The reason there are so many drivers at LAX lately is because so many are on Platinum or Gold incentives which range from 1.6x to 2.2x. When you get a nice long airport run at those rates, then its golden.
Yeah, I understand that. I've been gold every week since metals inception. It still a sh*tshow and There are still too many drivers out there during the time periods that there are no/very low incentives. That's what I was mainly talking about. I'm guilty of gambling at times and taking rides at 1.8X in search of the pot of gold.

Taipan

LAX rides are just like gambling. You win some, you lose some. At 2.0X or 1.8X, it's worth the risk. But Sunday traffic at LAX yesterday was horrendous! I didn't even attempt the 2nd time (got one earlier to Woodland Hills) around 10 PM, even when Uber broadcasted that there was no waiting in queue.

Cascas

I got two inglewood and one Venice on 1.9 surge. I felt like all bs cheapasses travel ob Sunday nights. Will stay away on Sundays from now.

uberray25

Was about to pick up at the door and got approached by traffick guy yelling that I should move to letter A to pick up. By the way my pax was already approaching the door. He said if I let him in he will write me 400 dollar ticket. I said but new regulations allow to pick up at the door. He said he doesn't give a shite.

tsboy69

Was about to pick up at the door and got approached by traffick guy yelling that I should move to letter A to pick up. By the way my pax was already approaching the door. He said if I let him in he will write me 400 dollar ticket. I said but new regulations allow to pick up at the door. He said he doesn't give a shite.
So shitty - those guys are the worst. Have not had the bad luck of getting a a-hole noticing your car. You'd think they might mention it to them about the rule change.

Deric

Power Trip