Any unemployment benefits for WA drivers during corona virus outbreak?

LDJames

With ESD admitting today to losing 100s of millions to fraud, those of us who are still PENDING are going to be waiting quite a while for additional payments.
Received this week's payment yesterday, so two days later than normal. But on the positive, their recalculation gives me a little extra each week.

This is from an AP article today about the fraud: 'LeVine said that in addition to other measures the agency has already taken, they will continue to delay payments — a step they first took last week — to all applicants in order to take extra steps to verify claims. Previously, applicants set up for direct deposit receive their money within 24 to 48 hours. Now, they will need to wait an additional two days."

aspacepig

It seems that those with longer active accounts that have been paid regularly are still in Pending while longer accounts that haven't had any payments are being paid this week.

Most are in PENDING waiting for ID verification by an adjudicator.

DexNex

Stopping by to say thanks to all for this thread. I applied for benefits on the 15th, and received over $5K on the 21st. Looking at $835/week as I wait for income adjustment.

I waited to apply until the systems/processes were in place. Less than a week from online application to actual direct deposit.

Thanks again!

tipster98122

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Stopping by to say thanks to all for this thread. I applied for benefits on the 15th, and received over $5K on the 21st. Looking at $835/week as I wait for income adjustment.

I waited to apply until the systems/processes were in place. Less than a week from online application to actual direct deposit.

Thanks again!
You seemed so against the idea of unemployment benefits for us at the beginning of this thread. Glad to see the work and contributions of others, and some cash, helped you see the value.

DexNex

You seemed so against the idea of unemployment benefits for us at the beginning of this thread. Glad to see the work and contributions of others, and some cash, helped you see the value.
I was not against it. I was weary of if benefits would be extended to gig workers and the time it would take to actually receive those benefits. In many states they are still waiting for their first payout.

NiteRake

So what's the point of filing taxes if you make less than 12000 as a single?
Because people with w-2 jobs have withholding taken from their check throughout the year. They file to get it back. Most people who file get refunds. Otherwise it is not necessary to file if you made less than the standard deduction. In the rideshare world should you receive more than 12 you would need to file a Schedule C listing your expenses to prove you netted less than 12. Otherwise, if you receive a 1099 at years end, the same 1099 goes to the federal government and they would send you an audit letter, DONT ignore those.

Phill

Thanks again!
You're welcome

tipster98122

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was not against it. I was weary of if benefits would be extended to gig workers and the time it would take to actually receive those benefits. In many states they are still waiting for their first payout.
Walk it back.
BTW, it's wary.

K-pax

Because people with w-2 jobs have withholding taken from their check throughout the year. They file to get it back. Most people who file get refunds. Otherwise it is not necessary to file if you made less than the standard deduction. In the rideshare world should you receive more than 12 you would need to file a Schedule C listing your expenses to prove you netted less than 12. Otherwise, if you receive a 1099 at years end, the same 1099 goes to the federal government and they would send you an audit letter, DONT ignore those.
Scientologists have a lot of auditors. Never pass up the personality tests, or Xenu will destroy you.

Received mail from ESD saying I need doctor to fill out paperwork stating reason why I need medical leave from work. When i filled out application I assumed covid was a medical reason to receive unemployment so i checked the medical box or whatever. What should I do now?
You can't claim the "medical" reason for being unemployed, without providing either your physician's statement documenting WHY you shouldn't be working, or from a public health agency.

Here's the deal... there are numerous underlying health issues that place some individuals into higher risk categories, relating to the likelihood of them developing SERIOUS complications if they were to become infected with COVID-19. Those persons have a MUCH higher risk of hospitalization and subsequently dying if infected. My wife and I both fall into those categories. I have a clinic letterhead statement from my doctor explaining why I shouldn't drive during the current health crisis. It is one of the documents I submitted online when I uploaded my 1099's.