Any unemployment benefits for WA drivers during corona virus outbreak?

tipster98122

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
My PUA claim for previous weeks still in adjudication process.
Last week no issues. Money in bank today after inputting info on Sunday.

coco888park

I applied PUA claim a week ago. The system says I am ineligible. I called the number to speak with someone. After 100 attempts since 7AM, they put me on hold for one and a half hours. They couldn't even tell why my claim is rejected. Maybe the lady who answered doesn't know anything how to handle independent contractor's claims. I was told to wait someone calls me until June 3rd. They are extremely under-staffed. No one will be able to help me. I am frustrated. I wasted all morning for this and did not get any help.

aspacepig

Washington may not be a perfect state (really, not going out on a limb here), but at least our unemployment system is more functional than Florida's. Or New York's. Or Arizona's. Etcetera. Etcetera. Etcetera.
Yeah. I even went on to Twitter to find the commissioner and thanked her there.

She's done a great job, for a bureaucrat that is. :wink:

tipster98122

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I applied PUA claim a week ago. The system says I am ineligible. I called the number to speak with someone. After 100 attempts since 7AM, they put me on hold for one and a half hours. They couldn't even tell why my claim is rejected. Maybe the lady who answered doesn't know anything how to handle independent contractor's claims. I was told to wait someone calls me until June 3rd. They are extremely under-staffed. No one will be able to help me. I am frustrated. I wasted all morning for this and did not get any help.
I can't tell you why you are ineligible but I will encourage you to look through all the posts on this thread? There's good info here from folks who have done this already.

There are other links above on how to avoid some pitfalls when doing your claim. Check them out.
With nearly 1 million claims to be filed this week expect things to be backed up.

K-pax

Well that's sweet. That means, in THEORY, if I don't do squat this week and file, hopefully I'd get paid within a week or so after the end of the week. I can deal with that.

That would be whack if it is delaying you even if it is a positive amount after automatic system correction for the amount. Maybe I shouldn't work at all this week :smiles:
I got my deposit for last week today. First week still says pending.

Phill

I can't tell you how relieved I am to hear you finally got paid. Feels good right?

Now we just need to get that second payment to you.

CALL ALREADY BUDDY! :biggrin:

Ballard_Driver

Sweet. Well it's good to know the turn around time isn't too bad if the unadjusted $235 still means you're owed something. Will be interesting to see if I get paid out on the earlier weeks as I must be right on the edge of getting zero payout, and since I don't even know what amount they'll consider my income I have no way of figuring any of it out.

Spresko

I got up at 7 a.m and started making calls. After a hundred calls I managed to get through the menu and few seconds later I got disconnected. I tried for 30 mins make that over 200 calls and I gave up because I was sleepy.

Will try again though.

LDJames

I don't know if this helps anyone else - I just had a phone call from ESD (scheduled it about a month ago) and I'm glad they are fulfilling the callbacks. My questions to them had to do with standby and retirement. My request for standby was denied. Today, I was told that due to the pandemic, no job search is required, thus there is no benefit from being approved for standby. Regarding retirement, monthly retirement annuities are not reportable unless one retires during the base year for calculations. I had assumed that getting this income would reduce the unemployment benefit. In my case, since I retired prior to the base year, it does not.

Phill

I got up at 7 a.m and started making calls. After a hundred calls I managed to get through the menu and few seconds later I got disconnected. I tried for 30 mins make that over 200 calls and I gave up because I was sleepy.

Will try again though.
Which number are you trying?

Captainfantasitc SG8

Will try again though.
I had atleast 300 tries. But to no luck at all. I finally gave up after an hour.

AnfieldRiot

For what it's worth....

If you need to talk to someone :

- 1 (800) 318-6022 <----- Call this number
- 1 (833) 572-8400 <----- Do not call this number

*The #833 number is overloaded and basically a digital switchboard, the #800 is a more direct line.
*Call after 2/3pm, less demand and your wait time & likelihood of talking to someone is MUCH better

Waiting :

Unemployment is overloaded and many of the employee's are new, the process is going to be slow. Our accounts are being looked at in the order we filed. If you filed for UI prior to the PUA, you're ahead of most others.

We've all made mistakes in filling this stuff out, unemployment is fixing our mistakes but keep an eye on your online account, twice a day, am/pm. Some of these folks will make mistakes too, they are new, so keep an eye on your account and make sure it hasn't been denied.

Weekly File :

Keep filing each week, don't skip a week or stop filing. If you stop, you don't get paid, if you file weekly, you'll be paid.

DO NOT accept the warnings/alerts to file a new claim, this will cancel your original claim and place you at the back of the line and most likely getting denied as the alert is for UI and we are getting paid via the PUA.

Lastly... Remain calm, most of you who are full time, will get paid...part timer's, that's all about the other end of your income and another discussion entirely.

...and just my own advice, opt in for the automatic tax deduction from your weekly cheeks. Give yourself a little certainty that what hits your bank account is 100% yours. Don't gamble on next tax season being kind to you.

I hope some of the above helps.

AdoonAlle

I am really impressed the Washington unemployment website and agency. I am not qualified to apply UI or PUA but helped few friends apply and they processed their UI and PUA within a week. ESD is doing a great job when you see what is happening in other states.

K-pax

I am really impressed the Washington unemployment website and agency. I am not qualified to apply UI or PUA but helped few friends apply and they processed their UI and PUA within a week. ESD is doing a great job when you see what is happening in other states.
My big thing is that the federal $600 expires July 31st. What if Inslee doesn’t lift the stay at home order by then? We will be stuck at half our income.