Any unemployment benefits for WA drivers during corona virus outbreak?

dimwit_driver

So, I have determined that I wish I had stopped working a few weeks ago. LOL

By my calculations, I may not hit the $1 owed to get the $600 (read the fine print, if your adjusted regular unemployment amount is less than $1 NO $600 for you that week!) as I was making too much from my combo of Uber/Lyft and delivery stuff. This will probably be even after they adjust the $235 to whatever my real amount is based on 2019 income.

For you guys who have been paid out, are they literally getting things sent out within a few days or a week after you file a given weeks info? Just from a cash flow perspective, I don't want to not have anything coming through the door for weeks on end. Maybe I'll go to 1-2 days a week for a week so I can not lie on the form, still have a couple bucks coming in just in case things get delayed, while still putting an amount that their automated system will show means I am owed a positive amount. $835 is more than a sane person can make right now anyway, and it should only be adjusted up from there when they look at real numbers.

So frustrating all of this nonsense.
Yes, I was paid - including back weeks - within 48-72 hours of filing for PUA last Sunday.

I stopped driving as soon as I knew the CARES act would cover gig workers. At that point I filed a regular unemployment claim. I knew this would be rejected, but I wanted it documented that I was in line, so to speak. The state listed me as ineligible because I didn't work for an employer. Duh.

When the system reopened last weekend it was so slow Saturday night, even after midnight, I gave up. Tried again Sunday. Completed. Filed. For the weekly claim portion it went back to the original date and asked how much I had made. I told them down to the penny. The system claimed I earned too much that week for any benefit. It wasn't a huge amount, so I think it's possible I may get something for that week after my actual benefit is determined. Other than that week the minimum $835 for every other week was deposited into my account by the time I checked on Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a nice deposit. Based on their calculation tool I will get substantially more than that $235/week (+$600) minimum, so I hope they hurry up and make that determination soon. Since that amount will also be backdated that will be a good deposit.

aspacepig

My weekly claim just showed up as PROCESSING. Should change to PAID later tonight or tomorrow.

If you still haven't seen any money, I suggest you call.

K-Pax did you answer the Able and Available question correctly (with a YES)?

AnfieldRiot

I won the PUA lottery by being stuck with an "Adjudication in progress" for the past two weeks. If I see this $$ before August, I'd be shocked.

So far I've been denied the Bailout, PPP & it looks to be the PUA as well. 2020 is Dope AF.

K-pax

My weekly claim just showed up as PROCESSING. Should change to PAID later tonight or tomorrow.

If you still haven't seen any money, I suggest you call.

K-Pax did you answer the Able and Available question correctly (with a YES)?
Answered it with a yes. It says pending, but there is nothing under 'pending issues'.

Phill

Calling in is highly recommended if you've been waiting a while and stuck. But is obviously a pain in the ass.

There are two ways to call in to ESD

The easyier way: 833-572-8400 - If you hear "We're sorry" hang up and call back. Once you get through press 1 for English. And listen for the prompt that most relates to your question. Once you're on hold and someone answers they will likely have to transfer you over to an actual representative for anything that is account specific. What they are trying to do is prevent noobs and question askers from overwhelming actual reps that can look at your account. This number may be easier to get through on just because if you get past "We're sorry" you're in. No additional dialing just to get "we're sorry" later. I called 26 times and got through.

The hard way: 800-318-6022 - Wait until he says "For English" and then you can press 1. After that you will have to listen to a lady on the recording talk about the other phone number. Once she finishes it will ask you to put in your SSN. Press 1 to confirm you entered it correctly (you don't have to wait for the full confirmation). Then press 7 then press 9 (again you don't have to wait for the full prompts on these). You'll hear please hold and you'll get hold music OR you'll get "We're sorry." If you get "We're sorry" than hang up and do it again. I was able to get this process down to 45 seconds dialed in 40-50 times and I finally got through. Once you're on hold be prepared for an hour wait probably more.

One final note they are open 7am-4pm and I found that calling in right at 7am was the way to go for two reasons. First, obviously there are also people with the early morning strategy but a lot of people are sleeping in. Trying at 10-11 I never got through. Second you get better representatives that are more patient. They haven't been dealing with bull $hit all day and are more likely to get to the root of the problem ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE CALM AND REASONABLE AND NICE. Usually the first thing that I say to them is "Thank you for being at work today and working hard to get people the help they need. I know you deal with a lot of people that are upset and scared and haven't been treating you well but I just want you to know how much I appreciate you being here for me today." The walls come down and now I have someone that will bend over backwards to help. With both my issues that popped up (unrelated to rideshare shenanigans) the reps I talked with were extremely professional and helpful once they realized I wasn't gonna treat them like $hit.

All that is to say if you have been waiting for anything more than a week since you filed for the PUA then you should call in to get paid faster. If getting my payment means even 4 hours on the phone it's worth it.

aspacepig

Calling in is highly recommended if you've been waiting a while and stuck. But is obviously a pain in the ass.

There are two ways to call in to ESD

The easyier way: 833-572-8400 - If you hear "We're sorry" hang up and call back. Once you get through press 1 for English. And listen for the prompt that most relates to your question. Once you're on hold and someone answers they will likely have to transfer you over to an actual representative for anything that is account specific. What they are trying to do is prevent noobs and question askers from overwhelming actual reps that can look at your account. This number may be easier to get through on just because if you get past "We're sorry" you're in. No additional dialing just to get "we're sorry" later. I called 26 times and got through.

The hard way: 800-318-6022 - Wait until he says "For English" and then you can press 1. After that you will have to listen to a lady on the recording talk about the other phone number. Once she finishes it will ask you to put in your SSN. Press 1 to confirm you entered it correctly (you don't have to wait for the full confirmation). Then press 7 then press 9 (again you don't have to wait for the full prompts on these). You'll hear please hold and you'll get hold music OR you'll get "We're sorry." If you get "We're sorry" than hang up and do it again. I was able to get this process down to 45 seconds dialed in 40-50 times and I finally got through. Once you're on hold be prepared for an hour wait probably more.

One final note they are open 7am-4pm and I found that calling in right at 7am was the way to go for two reasons. First, obviously there are also people with the early morning strategy but a lot of people are sleeping in. Trying at 10-11 I never got through. Second you get better representatives that are more patient. They haven't been dealing with bull $hit all day and are more likely to get to the root of the problem ESPECIALLY IF YOU ARE CALM AND REASONABLE AND NICE. Usually the first thing that I say to them is "Thank you for being at work today and working hard to get people the help they need. I know you deal with a lot of people that are upset and scared and haven't been treating you well but I just want you to know how much I appreciate you being here for me today." The walls come down and now I have someone that will bend over backwards to help. With both my issues that popped up (unrelated to rideshare shenanigans) the reps I talked with were extremely professional and helpful once they realized I wasn't gonna treat them like $hit.

All that is to say if you have been waiting for anything more than a week since you filed for the PUA then you should call in to get paid faster. If getting my payment means even 4 hours on the phone it's worth it.
Great post.

Ballard_Driver

Mine still says pending. I filed for week two early this morning.
Ugh. This doesn't make me optimistic. I guess I can suck it up the few weeks if need be, but it would be a lot nicer to have the income flowing a little more smoothly. I don't like seeing my bank accounts dwindling...

Yes, I was paid - including back weeks - within 48-72 hours of filing for PUA last Sunday.

I stopped driving as soon as I knew the CARES act would cover gig workers. At that point I filed a regular unemployment claim. I knew this would be rejected, but I wanted it documented that I was in line, so to speak. The state listed me as ineligible because I didn't work for an employer. Duh.

When the system reopened last weekend it was so slow Saturday night, even after midnight, I gave up. Tried again Sunday. Completed. Filed. For the weekly claim portion it went back to the original date and asked how much I had made. I told them down to the penny. The system claimed I earned too much that week for any benefit. It wasn't a huge amount, so I think it's possible I may get something for that week after my actual benefit is determined. Other than that week the minimum $835 for every other week was deposited into my account by the time I checked on Tuesday or Wednesday. It was a nice deposit. Based on their calculation tool I will get substantially more than that $235/week (+$600) minimum, so I hope they hurry up and make that determination soon. Since that amount will also be backdated that will be a good deposit.
Well, this next week I'm going to not work too much so that I KNOW I'll be owed even at the $235 amount, and hopefully I'll actually get paid within a reasonable period of time... It really worries me how varied things seem to be between how different people on here are being handled. If one simply knew for sure "Do X, and it'll go through automatically" it would be a lot more reassuring.

K-pax

Ugh. This doesn't make me optimistic. I guess I can suck it up the few weeks if need be, but it would be a lot nicer to have the income flowing a little more smoothly. I don't like seeing my bank accounts dwindling...

Well, this next week I'm going to not work too much so that I KNOW I'll be owed even at the $235 amount, and hopefully I'll actually get paid within a reasonable period of time... It really worries me how varied things seem to be between how different people on here are being handled. If one simply knew for sure "Do X, and it'll go through automatically" it would be a lot more reassuring.
Second week says paid, first week says pending. Haven’t gotten the deposit yet but I imagine it takes a couple days.

Phill

Second week says paid, first week says pending. Haven’t gotten the deposit yet but I imagine it takes a couple days.
PAID IS GREAT!! What was the date of paid? For my bank it two business days from that date. @aspacepig is correct! I'd still call them if both payments haven't made it to you by the end of the week.

K-pax

PAID IS GREAT!! What was the date of paid? For my bank it two business days from that date. @aspacepig is correct! I'd still call them if both payments haven't made it to you by the end of the week.
The first week still says pending, even though the second says paid. Hmm. Weird.

K-pax

Did you claim you worked the first week but not the second?
Yes. I did work a tiny bit the first week I claimed, and I was 100% honest down to the penny. I only made about $200 for the week. It shows money deducted corresponding to the self-employment income I had, but says pending. I click on pending issues, and there are no pending issues. Does it take a long time if there was some income reported?

Phill

Yes. I did work a tiny bit the first week I claimed, and I was 100% honest down to the penny. I only made about $200 for the week. It shows money deducted corresponding to the self-employment income I had, but says pending. I click on pending issues, and there are no pending issues. Does it take a long time if there was some income reported?
That could be the hold up. They have to calculate the correct amount probably by hand or something. Again, call if you're not paid by Friday for that week or if it doesn't change from Pending.

Amos69

No Idea, just thinking out loud.

aspacepig

No Idea, just thinking out loud.
It seems it is an issue from other examples I've seen over on Facebook. That said, I worked one day of my last week before stopping. It paid me for that week though. But I did have an inelligble normal application hanging when I applied for PUA.

Amos69

It is something. Lots of reports of people getting $$$ from PUA. Anyone who has applied and doesn't have $$$ by wed should be calling and taking it personally. My homies are all getting paid now.

Ballard_Driver

Well that's sweet. That means, in THEORY, if I don't do squat this week and file, hopefully I'd get paid within a week or so after the end of the week. I can deal with that.

That would be whack if it is delaying you even if it is a positive amount after automatic system correction for the amount. Maybe I shouldn't work at all this week :smiles: