• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Any tips picking up at Fair Park after concert?

nighthawk398

I see that tomorrow there is a Def Leopard concert so maybe a surge after the show? any tips on where to wait? where you tell your passengers you will pick them up?

ExpendableAsset

If you want to work an event, its important that you immediately contact the rider and set up a meet point. You will want them to at least get across the street from the venue, or even better at another place like a fast food joint up the street. If they are not willing to do this, do not pick them up. In my opinion it is generally more trouble than its worth, but I have gotten some good fares after events.

Cary Grant

If you want to work an event, its important that you immediately contact the rider and set up a meet point. You will want them to at least get across the street from the venue, or even better at another place like a fast food joint up the street. If they are not willing to do this, do not pick them up. In my opinion it is generally more trouble than its worth, but I have gotten some good fares after events.
Excellent advice.

UberMeansSuper

Thanks for the advise, I suppose I may have some state fair pick ups in Oct
I tried picking up after the Nicki Minaj concert at the Gexa Energy Pavilion.

Never again.

I dropped some PAX off for the Incubus thing recently and went the back way from Haskell to Fitzhugh, no traffic there.

Ask PAX to meet you at Walgreens or Minyard on MLK. It is way easier for them and you.