Any suggestions?

UberNWATL

I am not in your area but I can tell you what I do... We are in a slow period so don't expect to keep really busy until schools go back.

I live in Acworth so I am looking for Airport runs first thing in the morning. I only drive during the day and early evening, so someone else my be better to tell you the best late night areas.
  • Busy time for me is 4:00 am to 8:00 am
  • Just start from your house if you live in and around large neighborhoods
  • If not find some close by. I wouldn't waste a lot of gas driving so just pick a residential area close by.
  • Your first ride will determine where your next one is. I don't do airport pickups so I start heading back towards my home area and turn it back on when I get to Powder Springs in Cobb County. If you try to keep driving back home to find the next one you will waste a lot of gas.
  • For all other rides I just find a place to park near the last drop off and wait for the next one. If you try to drive to what you think is a better area you will just have to do a U-turn and go back to where you where. You will be an expert at U-turns after the first week or so.
  • Next good time is in the early evenings from 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm anywhere around Sandy Springs or the Cumberland area. Again, that is just me, I'm sure there are many others.
  • Some days I am never below the Perimeter after 9:00 AM, other days I am always down there.
  • I try not to stay down town Atlanta during the day, only because you have to many short rides in a lot of traffic. It's also the area I am the least familiar with other than the main places. If I do end up down in the city, which is often, for drop offs, I will head out on 75 and turn it on around Buckhead and get off and sit near the OK Cafe area.
I have only been driving for 2 months, but that is what I do.

Good luck !

ATLUberDriver1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you UberNWATL.
Great advice! I don't do late nights either.
I work best in the am.
I've only been driving 3 weeks.
The week before and week of the July 4th holiday were extremely busy.
This week was extremely slow so I'm trying to come up with a plan.
I will try early morning in Alpharetta since that is where I have received the majority of my airport pick ups.
Thanks again!

Jonathan B

If you Want to work ITP on the weekend Evenings, Stick with Virginia Highlands, Little Five Points, and Decatur. Surge will usually take place intermittently during the hours of 11PM and 3AM. It will be lots of short runs but you usually will be only 10 minutes between each ride. If Surge is active, be ready to hit the road.

Once you have some good amount of experience, I would also sign up with LYFT as well. Sit in a parking lot and have both Apps on. You will double your chances of getting a Ping. If a Ping occurs on one then just simply turn the other off.

ATLUberDriver1

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Jonathan B wanted to give you an update.
Your advice was the best!
I was out at 5:15 am today. My 3rd pickup was an airport run! I also got a chance to take advantage of the surge.
I set a daily goal for myself and it was met by 10am. My day was complete by 11am.
Kudos to you Jonathan!

jean marc

what i can say to UBER is to make customer pay for the time and mileage if pick up is more than 2 miles away or 10 mn away and up,I would cancel those request

Harleyfxdx1

what i can say to UBER is to make customer pay for the time and mileage if pick up is more than 2 miles away or 10 mn away and up,I would cancel those request
I believe the further OTP you are, you have to expand the miles and time for pickups. I've had numerous pickups that were 15 - 20 minutes away. Most of the time it turns out to be an airport run

Angel3333

I believe they do pay for that, also If you get a ping that is more than 10 min away. I guarantee you that area is an area that needs lots of Uber's, you may even get a surge out of it. Uber does not like to go outside of a 10 min wait time period. It shouldn't pull you out from that far if it wasn't worth it.