Any suggestions for Select Drivers in OC?

BoneJovi

I waited 3 hours for a Select fair at John Wayne. Then another UberX driver said he stopped using Select when coming home from the airport because the drives would call him to ask where he was going. When he told them 5 miles, they would decline the ride. He said sometimes he would have to wait 20 mins to finally get an Uber!

I do both UberX and Select. I get maybe one or two Select rides a night.

LoveBC

Like nearly all rides at SNA (and any other airport) 5 miles is a waste of time. I don't do select but ask yourself would you be happy getting that 5 mile ride. If I were rolling in a Lexus/BMW/Benz I wouldn't want that ride.

mandreyka

I waited 3 hours for a Select fair at John Wayne. Then another UberX driver said he stopped using Select when coming home from the airport because the drives would call him to ask where he was going. When he told them 5 miles, they would decline the ride. He said sometimes he would have to wait 20 mins to finally get an Uber!

Don't waste your time there on select unless you know there are a lot of biz pax coming in and there aren't many select cars there.

Personally I don't wast my time there, but ended up there yesterday and got a surge XL to dana point then dana to LAX

Too Many Miles

You can go for many hours without a Select ride.
Not enough demand and too many drivers, but even if you are the only car in a 3 mile radius, you might not get anything. Keep in mind that Uber Black also logs in as Select and a lots of riders know that so they will request Select then cancel and request again until they get a Suburban for the price of Select.

BoneJovi

I did that in the first week driving, just to see how it is...don't do that to yourself or your Vehicle.
the -X crowd doesn't deserve to ride in a Select Car.
How is Newport Beach, Laguna?

Newport, Laguna, Dana Point seems to keep you busy. Lot's of short trips and tip are decent. Average about 15% in tips because 1 in 6 will tip you well. I guess the short trips help to hit your weekend promotion.

Adieu

Back when I did Select last year, my conclusion was that SNA was only ever useful for one thing....

IF and ONLY IF:
1. you worked a long night shift but still dont wanna go home,

2. but are feeling kinda tired and hangry,

3. the weather is nice and chilly outside,

4.AND you have an UberEats freebie coupon -

THEN:
order some free food straight to the lot, set your alarm for a hair under 4 hours, eat your brunch and take a 3-hour nap.....

ELSE:
...don't bother

mandreyka

Back when I did Select last year, my conclusion was that SNA was only ever useful for one thing....

IF and ONLY IF:
1. you worked a long night shift but still dont wanna go home,

2. but are feeling kinda tired and hangry,

3. the weather is nice and chilly outside,

4.AND you have an UberEats freebie coupon -

THEN:
order some free food straight to the lot, set your alarm for a hair under 4 hours, eat your brunch and take a 3-hour nap.....

ELSE:
...don't bother
Lots of good food in the JWA queue area and even more now that they expanded it.

Those Cheap A Newporters don't roll Select. They don't even tip the X they book after dealing with their luggage and guard gate. They are the cheapest F's around.
True story , but I used to get tons of select shorties from the wanta be ballers on weekends. $10 min instead of $5 with never any surge. Win win for cheapo newport pax

Yellowmamba24

Newport, Laguna, Dana Point seems to keep you busy. Lot's of short trips and tip are decent. Average about 15% in tips because 1 in 6 will tip you well. I guess the short trips help to hit your weekend promotion.

Select rides does not count toward your quest...
Idk why...Its harder than X...We have a long dead time waiting period and we have to service the entitled people

mandreyka

Haha seriously? What a masochist
Kobe is an a hole. Our company worked on both of his houses up there

Way back on his first house he was cool and I met him, his wife is a total @@@@@.

When he sold and bought his second house on 3 lots all the workers were told not to talk to him or even look him in the eye.

One guy got fired for saying good morning to him... true story.

Adieu

Wow.... how newport of him.

Oh well, if he is such a tool, its just the place for him... Too bad so sad that Newport is sooooo incorrigibly prejudiced even his biggest fans there will never ever see him as a person, much less one of their own, and he'll always be a has-been jock putting on airs and throwing around money in vain attempts to buy status as far as they're concerned

Gotta love rich masochists

mandreyka

Wow.... how newport of him.

Oh well, if he is such a tool, its just the place for him... Too bad so sad that Newport is sooooo incorrigibly prejudiced even his biggest fans there will never ever see him as a person, much less one of their own, and he'll always be a has-been jock putting on airs and throwing around money in vain attempts to buy status as far as they're concerned

Gotta love rich masochists
They still beat out the CM pax by a long shot and SOME do tip cash

Yellowmamba24

Kobe is an a hole. Our company worked on both of his houses up there

Way back on his first house he was cool and I met him, his wife is a total *****.

When he sold and bought his second house on 3 lots all the workers were told not to talk to him or even look him in the eye.

One guy got fired for saying good morning to him... true story.

If instructions were given, and can't even follow easy instructions of not talking to them, they should get fired