Any smokers here ?

William1964

Take the ashtray out of your car. My car doesn't have an ashtray the windows are always open.

I still get the french fry grease smell comes from the back seat from all these food service workers who wear their uniform 24/7 and don't wash.

It's also very similar to the smell of someone who is been sleeping on sheets that have not been changed in months

twinwillow

This is your best friend, http://www.walmart.com/ip/16879756?...78152552&wl4=&wl5=pla&wl6=81470420312&veh=sem

I smoke a pack a day (in the car) front windows down I have a 2010 prius that still smells like brand new. I have a rating of 4.9 and have over than 500 rides under my belt. Never had a complaint unlike when I spray it before they get in the car some of them go like nice car is it brand new it smells very new lol.

You will thank me buddy.

Have a good one

Thanks for the info. Ordered a few from Walmart today with free shipping to my local W/M.

Hunt to Eat

Thanks for the info. Ordered a few from Walmart today with free shipping to my local W/M.
But remember, nothing will actually remove or cover the smell of smoking in a car. A smoker cannot detect the odor, but a non-smoker with an intact olfactory will every time.

Smokers tips:

Smoke outside with back to wind. Car windows closed so none waifs inside.
Ozium is your friend, google it.
Positive airflow. If you do smoke in your car, put the fan on medium high, and crack the drivers window 2 inches (all other windows closed). Exhale out the window, and hold the cig in your left hand near the crack . Watch all the smoke go outside because of positive airflow. Also turn off or close the one vent on the left so it doesn't blow smoke thru the car. Make sure AC is off so smoke does not flow thru ac coils.
Leather seats help.
When done smoking turn vents on high and crack back windows for a few minutes. Fresh air always helps, let it blow on you. Then close up, spray a bit of ozium, and turn the AC on if necessary.
Never had a smoke complaint. But don't really care. As long as it doesn't smell like an ashtray (and it wont if you don't have one in the car), I cannot control the smells of the city, and a public use vehicle.

If you are offended, that is your problem to deal with, not mine.

Coachman

The only reason I might like to get in a smoker's car is because it reminds me of my grandpa's car in the 70s. Good memories.

supernaut

You can't get rid of the smoke smell, not in any reasonable amount of time, unless you want to have the car completely detailed.

That's not really true. A container of Ozium gel neutralized all traces of tobacco odor in my car within ~48 hours, (and said car had been exposed to cigarette smoke for about a year). I know it worked very well because a Lyft mentor remarked how offensive he finds smoke and how nice and clean my car smelled. Ozium is truly great stuff.

For concealing the smell of smoke on one's person; I recommend washing your hands and face, (nose and mouth area), with soap and water, drinking some water, and then having some gum or a mint.

RamzFanz

That's not really true. A container of Ozium gel neutralized all traces of tobacco odor in my car within ~48 hours, (and said car had been exposed to cigarette smoke for about a year). I know it worked very well because a Lyft mentor remarked how offensive he finds smoke and how nice and clean my car smelled. Ozium is truly great stuff.

For concealing the smell of smoke on one's person; I recommend washing your hands and face, (nose and mouth area), with soap and water, drinking some water, and then having some gum or a mint.

The part smokers don't seem to get is that even if they smoke outside and avoid all tar in a wind, they stink. Fingers, face, breath.

I used to advise people who were quitting and had a smoker in the house to let me talk to the smoker and explain after a smoke OUTSIDE, they needed to wash their hands and face, brush their teeth, and gargle. It's not 100%, but it's 90% and keeps the quitter from cringing.

Dudes and Dolls, quit smoking. It's just horrible. It ruins everything, finances, health, presentation, respect...it's hard, but many many people have done it, like me, a 25 year smoker.

I use e-cigs. Everyone I know lately, like in the last 5-8 years, who has quit successfully used e-cigs and/or vapor (same thing, different method). It takes awhile, but it works. After 2 years, quit those too. The thing is though, don't buy vapor from just anywhere. Chinese liquids could be just as bad as cigs for all we now. I use GreenSmoke and they have a great hit and you decide the nicotine.

Smoking in your car leaving tar all over your surfaces and air system? Not a chance you can hide it beyond a very short covering of the smell. TAR sticks to everything and smells. There is no way around it.

supernaut

I'm all in favor of vaping, and it is the only thing that has worked for me to quit the "analogs", as well. I smoked for 18 years.

Greensmoke is a rip-off, though. Their products are still cheaper than cigs, but using a mod with a rechargeable batt, (Kanger makes a broad range of affordable ones), the topper of your choice, (again, Kanger offers several), and some good US made e-liquid, (personally I love Nicoticket's stuff), is MUCH more satisfying, and less expensive.

KGB7

Helped to two people quit smoking. We ordered all the vape gear online while hanging out at the airports cell lot. Few weeks later i met them and they thanked me 10 times over.

The transition from smoking to vaping is seamless. Short term benefits and long benefits are life changing.

You will continue to get your nicotine fix, a pure natural nicotine that is made here in the States and is of TOP grade on the market, safe for vaping and for your body.

In the past 6 month, many great starter kits have come to market that is great for any level. If you want to quit smoking let me know, ill gladly compile a list of what you need to buy and where to get it.

In the mean time, i highly suggest you read this forum. Tons of info on vaping. Its the largest vaping forum i know of and i have been a member on the site for over a year.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/

KGB7

Nicotine itself has many long term benefits that has been studied for the past century(but not while smoking), small amounts of nicotine is also present in many vegetables that you eat on daily basis.

All you have to do is google it and you will have pages upon pages of info on the subject.

KGB7

One last thing and then ill shut up.

E-Liquid.
There is a shop in every city and many small towns that sell gear and top quality e-liquid made here in US, majority of "juices" come from Cali.
Hundreds of brands, thousands of flavors.
Many local shops let you try their juice for free with no nicotine. Once you find juice that you like, you can buy them online much cheaper directly from juice makers.

For millions of people, vaping is not just a healthy way of living, it has become a hobby. A hobby, that is shared and supported by millions of friendly people, people who will talk for hours about gear and juice (e-liquid). Online and in person. Walk in to a vape shop and you wont leave for hours.

If you have time, take a look at Five Pawns and the process they undergo to make juice. Its one of the top juices on the market.

Last edited:

supernaut

If you have time, take a look at Five Pawns and the process they undergo to make juice. Its one of the top juices on the market.

Five Pawns is great, but crazy expensive, (compared to other e-liquid, not smoking). Of the brands I've tried, Nicoticket is the absolute best for the $, and imo their flavors are right up there with FP. Check out the site.

KGB7

Five Pawns is great, but crazy expensive, (compared to other e-liquid, not smoking). Of the brands I've tried, Nicoticket is the absolute best for the $, and imo their flavors are right up there with FP. Check out the site.

I have not heard of Nicoticket.

A buddy of mine works in a warehouse distribution center here in Montgomery county, and we get the latest first hand juice flavors to try. Ill ask him when i see him on game night.

supernaut

I have not heard of Nicoticket.

A buddy of mine works in a warehouse distribution center here in Montgomery county, and we get the latest first hand juice flavors to try. Ill ask him when i see him on game night.

Cool. I know Nicoticket has expanded their distribution to brick n' mortar stores, but I think they still do most of their biz online. Check out their website for the awesome flavors, but almost more importantly, the customer reviews. Nicoticket has won a number of ECF awards.

KGB7

Cool. I know Nicoticket has expanded their distribution to brick n' mortar stores, but I think they still do most of their biz online. Check out their website for the awesome flavors, but almost more importantly, the customer reviews. Nicoticket has won a number of ECF awards.

Have you tried Vape Caviar juice? A buddy of mine gave me a small sample and its amazing.

For the past month i have been craving "grapefruit" flavored juice, but i cant find anything to full fill my craving.

Last edited: